hey from Belgium

Adiva

I'm Femke from Brussels, Belgium. I have been a gymnast and classical ballet dancer for all of my life. I only started belly dancing this year, but I already love it!!! I wanted to do this since as long as I can remember and I finally found the right place for me!!! Talk to you guys soon

Femke aka Adiva :cool:

BellyDance Girl

Hello! I'm a newbie too! I don't have any previous dance experience, though - unless you count drill team in 4th and 5th grade, but that was more or less marching with a flag or pom poms.

Alma

Hello Femke! Welcome! I also live in Belgium and started bellydance a year and a half ago. I am currently taking classes with Eve @ Waterloo. Good luck!

Alma

Chani

Hi Femke,

I'm new here too. I have never danced before so belly dancing is very exciting to learn. This is quite a multi-cultural list. Is belly dancing popular in Belgium?

Chani

Adiva

Hello Femke! Welcome! I also live in Belgium and started bellydance a year and a half ago. I am currently taking classes with Eve @ Waterloo. Good luck!

Alma

Great, someone from Belgium, maybe you understand my frustrations about not finding too much belly dance costumes?

I currently take classes @ Leuven, and am loving it!!!

Hi Femke,

I'm new here too. I have never danced before so belly dancing is very exciting to learn. This is quite a multi-cultural list. Is belly dancing popular in Belgium?

Chani

I'm not gonna make any statements weither or not it is popular in Belgium, being a beginner and not yet at home in the whole Belgian belly dancing scene, but I feel like it is rising in our country and becoming very popular, I do think classes are booming around the country, the shops however :( I'm having trouble finding one... but then again, that's only my beginner's opinion ;)

Alma

Great, someone from Belgium, maybe you understand my frustrations about not finding too much belly dance costumes?

I currently take classes @ Leuven, and am loving it!!!

Hi Femke,
I found these stores:
Arabesque
Rue Paul Pastur, 88
7390 Quaregnon
website: .*:|ARABESQUE| école de danse, centre de remise en forme, boutique orientale|*:.
They have hipscarves, a few skirts, and also costumes. You can also check some of the items online.

Marie '+'
Style égyptien
by appointment only. You may email her and arrange an appointment.

Bella BellaCostumes
She has an online store, but to be honest, I have signed up several times, and still don't have my password to enter the website :think:
Bella also has a store in Ghent. I have not been in the store yet.:D

OK... I hope you find this info useful! Good day!