Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you, thank you :o *blushing*

I've just had a quick chat with my teacher about the costumes for the small troupe, she wants to discuss it more over a cup of coffee in 2 weeks... Let's see what she has in mind. But she's the Hilal-type, so I don't expect any fancy requests :p Perhaps simple tunics, circle skirts, head scarves... There are 2 other girls in the group who can sew, so who knows, my job might just be to design the actual patterns and I could get the others to do all the dirty work LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Hi mariyam - how did that meeting with your teacher go? Will you be making the costumes?

Post Thanks / Like

I hasn't happend so far. She's on holidays at the moment so we'll meet when she's back. I hope I'll have time to make something, but as I'm not the only sewing machine fanatic of the group, we can share the work.

In the mean time, my friend got married Here are (completely off topic) some pictures!

http://tinyurl.com/q9caz
    http://tinyurl.com/kqfa4
    http://tinyurl.com/kj5jc

(never mind the title of the pages, it's some automatic title thing and the pictures are stored on the same Web space as my own wedding pictures )

Post Thanks / Like

Wow where did she marry?
    (or is the background fake?)

Post Thanks / Like

Nearby Las Vegas, in the Valley of Fire Or at least that's what she told me I'll confirm the real-ness of the background when she's back from her honeymoon and I can confirm the presence of red dust on her dress :p

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, Mariyam, those pictures are so pretty and the dress is breathtaking. I am so jealous of your sewing skills! I love working with fabric, I make paintings on silk but I cannot sew at all. I tried making a choli top with some beading for a student showcase...2 years passed and it's still sitting in the back of my drawer unfinished. :p

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Marisha! Don't worry about your choli, if you knew how many sewing projects I have dumped in "the corner"

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mariyam View Post
    Nearby Las Vegas, in the Valley of Fire Or at least that's what she told me I'll confirm the real-ness of the background when she's back from her honeymoon and I can confirm the presence of red dust on her dress :p
    Oh yes...that's Valley of Fire!! Check this out...I have a pic of a dancer friend under the same arch...

Desert Rakkasah Book
    Picture #24

Samira
    Las Vegas Bellydance Intensive: Belly Dance Classes, Workshops, Lessons, Party, and more

Post Thanks / Like

Mariyam you are very talented! This dress is absolutely gorgeous!

So when does the workshop start?

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mariyam View Post
    I hasn't happend so far. She's on holidays at the moment so we'll meet when she's back. I hope I'll have time to make something, but as I'm not the only sewing machine fanatic of the group, we can share the work.

In the mean time, my friend got married Here are (completely off topic) some pictures!

Fred & Marie-Claude - 18 juillet 2002
    http://tinyurl.com/kqfa4
    http://tinyurl.com/kj5jc

(never mind the title of the pages, it's some automatic title thing and the pictures are stored on the same Web space as my own wedding pictures )
    That dress is gorgeous...You are a very talented seamstress. I wish you could make my costumes.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast