Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Post Thanks / Like

Love Maya's
    Last edited by Lotus Dancer; 08-25-2008 at 12:40 PM. Reason: already posted

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE}

I used to complain about my lack of torso flexibility until I talked to Rachel Brice who said she drills every day 50 torso slides right, 50 left, 50 chest lifts, 50 chest drops, etc. You have to work to BUILD UP a greater range of motion. It will happen if you practice and drill. I did, and it did.

My students now sometimes say, "I'll NEVER have the torso movements you have!!" and I tell them the same story. But you can't expect it to happen overnight. You don't decide on Monday to start weight lifting, and then on Tuesday have big Popeye arms, you know?

Make a list of the stuff you want to do better, or the areas where you would like more flexibility. Then make yourself a daily drill list. Or post your goals here, and we'll help you put together a daily drills list. Then, do the drills daily. After 30 days you'll be amazed. I'm SERIOUS! [/QUOTE]

Excellent Advice!!!
    I will definately make this my daily routine. Thanks Aziyade.
    As for Maya's I use the obliques to control the movement. And damn it feels good to feel those muscles work'n.
    I teach my student's from there 1st class to focus in on the oblique area.
    By the 3rd class there Maya's are awesome. And they are stoked that the abdo area is tightning up.
    Also we do alot of work on the upper and lower abs (the core area's.)
    Again thanks must go to Rachel Brice. Sensational.
    Lotus Dancer

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234