Hello from New Jersey!

IrkenFetus

I just signed up and I thought I'd introduce myself. I've only been belly dancing (tribal style) for about 5 months now but I absolutely love it - hopefully I'll be good enough to perform one day :pray:. I had the chance to go to Rakkasah East yesterday, and bought my first pair of zills. I was bummed about getting there too late to see Suhaila Salimpour perform, but I did get to see a few really good dancers while I was there. Alright, enough of my rambling, just sending out a hello!

Maria_Aya

Welcome in this wonderful forum!
My style is egyptian, but love to watch Tribal !!
Tell us more from Rakkasha East !!
Enjoy reading and posting

Maria Aya, Greece :)

Gia al Qamar

Wasn't Rakkasah a BLAST?!
I was there on Friday and allllll day into the wee hours of the morning on Saturday!
I teach and dance in Northern NJ...please keep in touch! I'd love to meet you!
Gia

IrkenFetus

Wasn't Rakkasah a BLAST?!
I was there on Friday and allllll day into the wee hours of the morning on Saturday!
I teach and dance in Northern NJ...please keep in touch! I'd love to meet you!
Gia

I loved it! I'm already counting down until next year's! I dragged my poor boyfriend along, and he drove down from NYC right after he had Navy (in full uniform and everything), and there were a few Navy wives and retired military fellows vending (the nice man who sold us the zills gave them to us cheaper, "military discount" - how sweet of him), but he felt so out of place. When we got there he was totally baffled as to how in the world people made zaghareets. :lol:

What county do you teach and dance at? What style(s) do you teach? Hopefully I can take some classes this winter during my break, I'd love that.

Gia al Qamar

I loved it! I'm already counting down until next year's! I dragged my poor boyfriend along, and he drove down from NYC right after he had Navy (in full uniform and everything), and there were a few Navy wives and retired military fellows vending (the nice man who sold us the zills gave them to us cheaper, "military discount" - how sweet of him), but he felt so out of place. When we got there he was totally baffled as to how in the world people made zaghareets. :lol:

What county do you teach and dance at? What style(s) do you teach? Hopefully I can take some classes this winter during my break, I'd love that.

Oh that's so funny! I saw your beau there in uniform and probably saw you too (checking out the real coin belts at the booth to the right as you enter the room!)
I teach group classes in Wayne & Nutley & Private sessions in Clifton.
I'll send you a PM (private message) with more details! I'd be honored to have you join my class!
Gia