Attending a workshop anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aisha Azar

Workshop

Dear Group,
I just returned from the Fifi Abdou workshops in Texas. Next, my dance company is sponsoring Mark Balahadia in Spokane, WA for Lebanese raqs sharghi and Lebanese assaya on September 15th. Then I am teaching a class in Modern Gulf dance during the Morocco event in Boise, ID Sept 22nd.
Regards,
A'isha

Viv

Proving I'm a total addict to workshops I upped my count for workshops this year to, Jim Boz in June, Tribal Cafe in August, Jim Boz in August, and Bahaia's Hot Dance Camp in October. I need either a 12 step program, for instructors I reallly like to stop giving workshops within travel distance (ummm, on sencond thought, nope that's not an option...lol) or to hit the lotto. I'm thinking winning the lottery is the best option of the three...LOL!
Anyone else from the board going to be at any of these?

Adiva

Today I had a really fun workshop: Turkish gypsy with Serkan, it was totally different than what I am used to but it was really fun, it was for me the first time also I was thaught by a male bellydancer :)

2 weeks ago I did a workshop about hip drops & -kicks and in 2 weeks I'll attend a workshop about all kinds of figure of eights, I'm excited (cuz I suck at them :lol:) And perhaps in april I'll attend a workshop with Razia (about drum solos) but not sure yet if it's my level (don't want to frustrate the teacher by being so sucky :p)

I have only been bellydancing since september but I am a total addict

Last edited:

fadua21

Dear Adiva,
I missed that one!:confused: Last week, though, I did go to the mini-workshop with Bozenka (shimmies), also organized by Artemisia. I had a good time. Did you go to the show in Woluwe St. Pierre? Bozenka danced beautifully!

Alma

Adiva

Yes I did see the show, it was awesome, Bozenka was amazing, but so was everybody else hihi I loved it :D

Adiva

By the way Fadua, maybe you can help me. Perhaps you remember the drum solo by Farah? It was in part 2, right before Artemisia had her veil dance? I just loved the song Farah used for her drum solo and I was wondering if perhaps you know the title-artist of that song?

Are you french or flemish-speaking? Or both ;)

Maria_Aya

Morgana !! from Spain is gonna be in Greece for workshops on 1-2 March.
I'm taking the beginer in tribal workshop, just to have the exprerience and also find Morgana a very interesting personality, want to meet her in person:)

Maria Aya:D

fadua21

By the way Fadua, maybe you can help me. Perhaps you remember the drum solo by Farah? It was in part 2, right before Artemisia had her veil dance? I just loved the song Farah used for her drum solo and I was wondering if perhaps you know the title-artist of that song?

Are you french or flemish-speaking? Or both ;)

Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the song. I live in a flemish speaking commune (Rhode St. Genese), but I am learning french. I can manage in french, but I am not still fluent in this language. I know a few flemish words. I like how flemish sounds...

Regards,

Fadua

Adiva

Hi to all!!! I will be at Ya salam festival 7/10 of March at Belgium. Anyone attending there too????

Yes I am going to see the show, I am so excited :D can't wait :) so you will be performing?

just enrolled myself for a workshop Drum Solo with Razia, again so excited :)

Last edited:

Stella Zahir

Hi!!!! Unfurtunately I can not find tickets for returning to Greece!!! I hope to find it till the end so I can attend...:(... Lia Verra from Greece is performing at Ya salam I think Suterday night I will ask her and I let you know. Hope to see you

Adiva

Hi!!!! Unfurtunately I can not find tickets for returning to Greece!!! I hope to find it till the end so I can attend...:(... Lia Verra from Greece is performing at Ya salam I think Suterday night I will ask her and I let you know. Hope to see you

The thing that worries is me is that I have paid for my ticket but not yet received them!!! The organiser of the festival doesn't reply to my email so I'm wondering what's wrong :s

Hopefully you'll be able to make it!!!!

Aisha Azar

Workshop

Dear Gang,
Well, I don't know if this counts, but I am teaching a costume workshop tomorrow. We will cover a history of the belly dance costume, three different basic construction types for belts and how to make them really fit properly, how to cover a bra with fabric when necessary, several different flatwork beading techniques for great appliques, etc.
After the workshop, my dance company is sponsoring the area's first Belly Dance Swapmeet. It should be fun!
Regards,
A'isha

Brea

I am HOPING to go see Fifi this year. I am also HOPING to be at some of the contests (Wiggles of the West, etc).

Nothing solid, though. Da Sage, will you give me a heads up if there's anything you hear about in the Minneapolis area? Money is extremely tight right now so it's hard to say if I will be able to go much farther than that until later in the year.

belly_dancer

OOOHHHH AA I LOVE costuming workshops/swapmeets... fun...
we had Alexandra King here in Jan...
last weekend went to Corey Zamora workshop in Santa Cruz
& 3/9 there is master sword workshop in Santa Barbara area that I am doing (should be on Alexandra King website)....
oh yeah... so self centric (centered??? eeek )..
that is in California!!!!

keep this thread alive.... maybe some of us will meet/ or at least hear about cool stuff not too far away!!

Aisha Azar

Dance

Dear Gang,
Oh, and anyone who lives in the Pacific Northwest should know that Baharat!! is sponsoring Ahava in Spokane on March 29th and 30th for performance and workshop. She is wonderful and well worth traveling to see and take a workshop with. Here is her website address: www.ahavadance.com. And for info on what she is going to teach, go to Barharat!!.
Regards,
A'isha

And P.S., Belly_dancer,
I used to live in Oxnard when I was a sophomore in high school and my girlfriends and I would take the train up to Santa Barbara for fun and goof off there all day and then take the train back at night.There used to be craft fairs on a strip of grass by the beach every week-end. I also convinced my husband that we should Honeymoon there, though the beach was nothing new to him since he was born and raised in Oxnard. I ADORE the beach, though I no longer hang out there in very skimpy bathings suits (or less).

Last edited:

Yshka

Hi everyone!

I'm going to Malagá in april to Victoria Ivanova's festival. Going to take workshops with Farida Fahmy and Asi Haskal. I'm so excited!!

Anyone going (Zurah maybe?;))? Would love to meet any of you there!

Dear A'isha, your costuming workshop sounds great. The US has many things I'd just LOVE to attend (Rakkassah, Oasis....). If only I didn't live so far away..

Stella Zahir

The thing that worries is me is that I have paid for my ticket but not yet received them!!! The organiser of the festival doesn't reply to my email so I'm wondering what's wrong :s

Hopefully you'll be able to make it!!!!

Nuriya has send me an e-mail and she is abraod for workshops.I am sure she will answer to you as soon as possible!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.