Attending a workshop anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viv

I know it's fun to actually meet the folks we chat with on the forum in person, so I thought I'd start a thread for mentioning any workshops you may be attending in case another member of the forum might be at the same workshop/show/competition. :D

I'm going to be at the Ya Halla Ya All workshops in a couple of weeks. Anyone else?

Moon

Hi Viv,

I'm not attending any workshops this month, but I just wanted to say that I think this thread is a great idea! :D

Maria_Aya

Organizing count??? lol

Well, organizing on 9 September, Athens Greece

Chryssanthi Sahar
"The principals of the classical Arabian Raqs Sharqi routine:
structure, techniques, connection of music and movements".
The seminar is suited for those who wish to learn more about the authentic Arabian dance (Raqs Sharqi) and the classical Arabian music, as well as for those who are interested in learning pure Arabian dance techniques (Egyptian style)"

I'm gonna be at London from 3 October till 15 :D
Going to Hossam Ramzy and Serena, Baladi weekend workshop, 7-8 Oct
On 4 I'm going to Hossam's Consert at London.

And also at 5 i'm still trying to book privite with Khalled Mahmood and Dandash since the same weekend with Hossam's workshop there is the Jewels of Yorksire workshops (bad time planning have to say it).

On November going to Egypt for the Nile Group Festival (again, addicted lol)

Maria Aya:)

Safran

Nothing matching here... My plans are mainly Helsinki this autumn - going to attend a workshop Khaled Mahmoud in the beginning of September (I also brought it up in another thread under instructors and students). And in the beginning of December I am considering Horacio and Beata, but I haven't made my mind up about it just yet...

Viv

Proving I'm a workshop junkie I'm also going to be at the Bahaia workshop in Phoenix, AZ on November 11th. According to my husband I need a 12 step program for workshop addictions....LOL!!

Viv

I am going to be attending the Oasis Dance Camp in November :D

I'd love to go the Oasis West some day. I've been trying to take a few of the gals out here to go but so far no one can make the committment...yet ;)

Erina

Anyone in the UK attending Fantasia? Only the biggest festival up here ;)

Also, my teacher has a couple of workshops coming up: one is dancing with saaida sticks and the other is a lesson with a (real) drummer using zills.

www.members.tripod.com/~Zenuba/index-2.html

belly taz

i cant make that weekend:( but i will attending the belly lorna workshop at the end of October here in Birmingham..:)

gwinity

I'll be attending Kismet, in Melbourne, Australia, this September. I don't plan on attending any workshops, but I will be doing my first performance there. (eek)

Viv

I'm boosting this thread back up to the top *grin*

Is there any Arizona gals (or outside of Arizona) going to the Bahaia workshop in Phoenix on November 11th? Myself and several of the gals from Yuma are going to be there.

Maria_Aya

Wow just remembered this thread !!!
I've had and still in a week of intensive workshops since this week we hold in Athens the International Dance Council so my program was/is:
Last weekend organized a workshop for Serkan (Turkey) Crazy Veils and Turkish Gypsy ROM, www.serkan.be (he was great)
Monday and Thusday had a 6 hour workshop with Carmine www.Carmine.com and Athena Najat www.Athenanajat.com on how to teach a drum solo with a tabla player, and drum solo, and rythms (loved this one)
Weekend coming MOROCO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! 12 hours :)
Meantime I'm performing at the Council tomorow (Friday) a duet with a tribal dancer, showing the evolution of oriental dance (i'm doing the traditional part).
:D

Asrari

Workshops

I'm thinking of attending a couple workshops in Toronto this fall, one on tribal style and one on Suhaila technique. It's kind of scary to think of going by myself, I'm trying to get other people I know into bellydance so I can have people to go to workshops with... ;)

Kiraze

Yousry Sharif is in Singapore this weekend and I cannot participate his workshops... this is sooooo dull :(

In December I could however make a trip to Malaysia for Bellyqueen Kaeshi and her tribal fusion workshop which sounds lots of fun :)

PhysicsFairy

I am contmplating attending a two-day workshop of romani fusion, happening in Brisbane (state capital city), which would be exciting as I have only danced in the tribal genre. ;)

Viv

Another boost to the top post....lol

Is anyone going to Tribal Cafe in August? Or how about Jim Boz in Phoenix, AZ in August?

teela

this weekend Mesmera is in Eagle River. My first workshop in hmmmmmm 4 years I think and I am thrilled to go. Next Spring i'm planning on going to one with Artemis in Alaska.

Status
Not open for further replies.