Oriental Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

This is mainly a question for Dutch-speaking persons. (But everyone is free to read it ofcourse ;))

I came across this website www.orientalmagic.nl (sorry the website is in Dutch), and I thought it looks pretty interesting. I was wondering: Is any of you known with this event? If yes, did you like it (or not)? Maybe some of you are planning to visit it this year?
I would really like to know if it would be worth it to go there.

Amulya

I know the people who organize this, nice people. I haven't been to the first one because then I already moved to Australia. But I think it is worth a try!

Moon

Thank you Amulya!
I've read a couple of comments from last year's visitors and it seems it was a very nice event.

Yshka

Hi girls,

I was planning on visiting last year but couldn't make it due to really busy schedule and university studies.
I will try to visit this year, have never been there before but it seems really nice. I'm not sure whether I'm going to be able to make it though,
and this is in Etten-Leur right? I've heard public transport sucks over there, and with me not having a car it might be a bit hard to get there, but I'll try to find out and post back here when I know more.

Iris

Moon

Yshka, do you know the website www.9292ov.nl? You can plan your route there and find out which trains/buses to travel with.

Mariyam

I wish I had the time :( (and the money but that's another story!)

Maybe next time..... :rolleyes:

Edit: hmmmm... I didn't realise it was 5 euros LOL That changes a lot of things... if I'm free that day, why not, but I'm not sure! :(

Also, here is an English version of the site: http://www.orientalmagic.nl/magic/eindex.htm

Last edited:

Moon

Good of you to find an English version Mariyam! :D Wish I'd found that earlier...

mariyam said:
Edit: hmmmm... I didn't realise it was 5 euros LOL That changes a lot of things...

I almost couldn't believe it is only 5 euros... :)

Mariyam

Are you planning on attending, Moon? :confused: I wouldn't be able to stay very late (like Yshka, I don't have a car and rely solely on public transport) but if my workload isn't too cramped at that moment, I might consider going: combining a full-time job, freelance work, part-time studies and bellydancing... oef! :eek:

Moon

I would really like to go and I'm seriously thinking about going. But, just like you two.... I don't have a car... but at least I can travel for free during the weekends. So I'd have to get up quite early to get there and if I want to get the last bus back I would have to leave at 9 pm or so. I would like to stay there till the end, but I'm affraid that's not possible for me :(

Moon

If I'd had a car I could give you a lift back ;) It would be really nice to meet you there.

Mariyam

It would take me about 2 hours from Leiden Centraal. Not too bad I guess. The last bus going to Breda station seems to be at 19:44, which isn't very practical. After that time, there's the "Belbus", which you need to call 1 hour in advance. And there's always the taxi option, if there is many of us to share one...? :cool: But the last train I can take from Breda to Leiden is at 22:44, so I can't really leave after 22:00!!

But there is still time :) When my classes resume, I'll pass around the info about the event, maybe I can carpool with a fellow student.

I'd love to meet you all there!!! :D

Mariyam

Uh oh, it's really bad, I've taken a look at all the workshops and I've made a complete schedule for myself :D I think it's a sign that I want to go... hihihi

Moon

The only negative thing about it (besides the location) is that quite some interesting workshops require 3-4 years bellydance experience :( I'm only a beginner with 1 year bellydance experience...

Mariyam

Join the club! I only have about 2 years of experience... :(

But I did find a few workshops in the list that seem to be oriented to just about anyone with "some" experience: Yamina's, Gonda's (if you want to try out Tribal style), both workshops by Lauri's. Plus, there are many workshops without a description yet, maybe some of them will be for (relative) beginners as well? :cool:

Moon

I wonder if Lauri is my teacher...
I'll ask her as soon as classes start again (not that soon, unfortunately)

Mariyam

I don't even know exactly when mine are going to start... :( But that will never be soon enough, that's for sure........

Yshka

Hi girls,

I would love to go if my schedule allows lol. I'm also combining university studies (fulltime), bellydancing and looking for a job which Ill have by then hopefully.

Anyway, I'm going to take a look at 9292ov.nl for public transport options, I use it often but didn't think of it in this case lol. Only checked it last year and then it didn;t make sense to me:D

I'll go check the workshops list now. I have 3 years of experience right now, I'm anxious to see what one can do there.

Ok just checked it, I'm sooo wanting to take the Classic Egyptian workshop by Farouq, and the Turkish Gypsydance thing by Lauri. I don't know which other workshops I'll take yet.

Anyway, any of you know how to sign up for the workshops? Does it happen in advance? or on the day itself?

Last edited:

Mariyam

That's a very good question, Yshka! :cool:

Maybe someone who can beter in het Nederlands schijven dan ik could write to them and ask? :D

Ludmilla

Goeden avond, allemal! Sounds very interesting this workshop!! If anyone goes, and could possibly let us know about it, or post any video of it, that would be great!! Bedankt, hoor!! CHeers, Ludy

Status
Not open for further replies.