Hello to you all

Status
Not open for further replies.

lylyth

I just would like to say hi to all of you. I’ve been checking the oriental dancer site from quite some time, but was kind of shy:eek: to write.
I have discovered the magic of belly dance four years ago, and been trying to dance as much as I can.
It was really great to have found an entire community sharing this passion.
Greetings from Sofia,
Lylyth

Safran

Welcome Lylyth! We are a friendly bunch, so don't be shy ;)

Maariku

PS: Sofia as in Bulgaria???

Alaya

Hi Lylyth. Welcome to the forum. don't be shy we do not bite:) most of the time, haha. just kiding. have fun and happy posting

lylyth

Hi Maariku,
there are few places where belly dance is tough and several dancers. One of the teachers is my best friend since kindergarten (Milena), so I’m afraid I couldn’t tell more about the others because have never seen much of them. As Bulgaria is ethnically mixed (orthodox Christians, Muslims, Gypsies and some Greek population) oriental dances are quite popular. Besides in the recent years there is an ever growing industry of pop-folk, or how we call it CHALGA music, which might be defined as a mixture of Balkan music – Serbian turbo folk, Turkish pop etc. and a lot of people are dancing what is called quichek on it (resembles the Turkish way to belly dance, but way too vulgar). Along with it in some video clips the singers are dressed like oriental dancers or have belly dancers in the back ground. In the last few years belly dance is having a massive success.

Status
Not open for further replies.