Thread: Cairo

Post Thanks / Like

Cairo

Hello everyone !
    I just got back from Cairo. And on such a miserable day !!
    I had a lovely time - so lovely that as usuall i had to accidently miss my flight home to the UK and extend my trip !!
    The sun shone strongly every day as I tripped around the bustling markets sourcing out the latest designs !! The air was full of insence and spices and young boys pulled carts of boxes for me through the narrow streets. I went to many Cabarets - some that I already know, but also some new ones. 'Crazy horse' in Agouza, 'Midnight' in Downtown, 'Sharazad' in Pyramids street, 'Queen boat' on the Nile.....The girls always encouraged me to dance with them (I usually decline untill I've had a few glasses of dutch courage !) and I danced, I danced and danced and danced most nights untill the sun came up. Men threw money on us - of which I was as always so tempted to scoop up from the floor and fill my pockets !! Usually the girls don't wear extensivly decorated costumes in the cabarets but this time I saw a few that really were quite stunning. I spent all of my time between Hussein (Khani Khalili market), and my in-law's business in Kerdassa. A dusty trip between the two but I had such a lovely lovely time. I picked up some gorgeous costumes, excuisitly decorated bra and belt sets, hip scarves, gauntlets, shakira head dresses, sintiens, hazems, neck braces, face scarves etc. . .most of which are on their way in a container, but some of which I managed to squeeze into my luggage (with the help of a gift to the cheif of police of Caior new airport I managed to get away with the extra weight !) and I'll be posting some of them on here soon. I also spent a few days in Sinai (my home from 1994 - 2002) - I went to the lagoons with the bedouin girls whom I once knew as little girls selling bracelets on the beach. We piled into the back of a pickup truck and a jeep, all covered from head to toe, and then to my suprise they spent the whole day somking cigarettes, jumping in and out of the water, shimmying, dancing with their hips, comparing bodies, and modestly hiding away at the first sight of any pickup truck that drove past in the distance !
    AAAAhhhhh, anyway It's nice to be back on the forum (even if I've got my curtains closed to avoid seeing the dull gloom beyond the windows !!)
    Demelza xx

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome back Demelza. It was very nice to read your story

Post Thanks / Like

Heyyyyyyyyy I'm jealous !!!!!!!!
    Seems you had a great time, and wishing you to repeat it soon !!!!

hey also pls
    photos, photos, photos

xoxoxo
    Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

sorry Maria - I didn't take a camera with me believe it or not. I have thousands of photos from past trips though so maybe I could post some of those....AND I had my mobile stolen just before I left so I had to buy a cheap Nokia in Cairo which had no camera on it either !! xx

Post Thanks / Like

never mind...next time you go you can take more..