newbie alert :c)

Eccaia

Hello lovelies :) I'm fairly new to the bellydance community and would love to get to know others who are just as passionate about the art as I am. I'm currently studying Egyptian Raqs Sharqi and am at an intermediate level. I just moved to the phoenix area from minnesota so lately I've just been trying to get connected.

Little bit about me... I'm 23 years old and am a pretty big geek. I play RPG's and fix computers for a living. I'm a Christian and is the driving force behind why I bellydance. I love being able to worship in dance :)

Please introduce yourselves, I love making new friends! :)

-Eccaia-

adiemus

Hey there! Lovely to meet you and you're no geek!! Playing RPG's for a living sounds awesome! Welcome to our part of the cybercommunity, I hope you enjoy this place.

slinks

Welcome and happy posting, reading, playing and watching .. plenty of all of the above to do :)

Farasha Hanem

Welcome, Eccaia. I, too, am a Christian, and have been a Sunday School teacher for the past 22 years, and my love for the Middle East, its people, and its culture are just a few of the things that drew me to bellydance. God bless you. :)

gisela

Super Moderator
Welcome, welcome!! I guess I would be a geek on the other end of the scale 'cause I don't know what RPG stands for :redface:. I'm guessing the "g" is for "games" but what's the rest?
Hope you enjoy the forum. I learnt sooo much about styles, history and expression from the wise people here.

have a good day
gisela

Miranda Phoenix

Welcome, Eccaia!

I'm delighted to meet another Christian belly dancer, and I'm amazed that you wrote that you worship through the dance - I swear I thought I was really out in left field when I began feeling that same way. Have you ever been to the Rakkasah? I went, for the first time, last month, and was totally overwhelmed by the same feeling that envelopes me when I'm singing in the choir at church. I've been afraid to say anything to anyone directly ('though I did mention it in my blog on myspace) 'cause I was sure I'd gone 'round the bend. I'm so glad you posted!

Do you have a myspace page (mine's MySpace.com - Auntie Crazy - 42 - Female - Massachusetts - www.myspace.com/auntie_crazy), or an email address we could use to correspond? I've love to chit-chat sometime!

A.C.