Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'm Officially a Pro! Scary, I know...

Just kidding. Myself, my teacher, and another troupe member just auditioned with our largest talent booking agent in a tri-state area. They want us to be their official bellydance troupe!

When my teacher called me a couple days (ha) ago, and asked me if I wanted to audition with her, I was floored. She was so sweet - she told me she felt like I was ready to go pro, and that she was going to help me move up. She also said she needed me to do a new sword routine. I felt like killing her at the same time I wanted to kiss her!

So I whipped up a new choreo to Pentaphobe's I Cash Radii, and it worked out really well. She wanted me to do floorwork, so I did it. They loved it!
    My troupe mate did a folkloric piece, and Yasmine did a wings routine. We also did a cabaret veil routine together.

The nice thing about this agency is that they don't take a percentage of your earnings - they just tack on their charge on top of ours. They also don't make us sign a contract to be exclusive to them, so we can all do our own gigs as well. They're very well-respected and busy, busy, busy! More money for costumes, yay!

I'm so excited! Some gigs we'll do as a troupe, other's will be individually done! Never in my life did I ever think I would get paid to do something I love. I feel like I'm dreaming....

Anyway - for you seasoned pros, what do you suggest for me to work on - what really gets people's attention? I know props help, but any insider tricks?

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! That's fantastic news!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! That's very cool.

Post Thanks / Like

Thats fantastic! Congratulations!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is totally awesome! Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like

Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations !!!!!!

I dont know what advice to give you about getting people attention, cause I guess things are different in States / Greece.
    But in general, I would say to start refining and polishing your teqnics so clearly so they dont have even a half sec of mess. This is the first thing i see at professionals. (hope you understand me lol)
    Also I say even without knowing her that I LIKE your teacher !!! give her my regards, she is professional in teaching, and teaching is more than teaching teqnics

Maria Aya and again bravo !!!

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome!!! Congrats!!! How long has it taken for you to achieve your goal??

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Hadassah, I'm very happy for you. This is a great oppertunity

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations Hadassah! This seems like a wonderful opportunity... Can't really give you pointers on how to amuse the crowd at the moment (round here they are already awed by the fact that there is a belly dancer on the event, and in the case of many smaller gigs, the rest of the reception-emotions depend on the amount of alcohol consumed... sad but true ) But, I am sure that in a little while you'll be able to share tips and pointers of your own Make sure you do it here!

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations. I am realy happ for you. Love, Alaya

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast