Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Congratulatons! How wonderful for you. Best of luck in your new career!

Post Thanks / Like

Go Hadassah! Good for you.
    "Well, now that we have seen each other," said the unicorn " if you'll believe in me, I'll believe in you."

Post Thanks / Like

It's fantastic to have all your hard work recognized like that! Many congrats and luck for your new challenges.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Pro. etc.

Dear Hadassah,
    You go GRRRLLLL!!!
    Hugs, A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

That's awesome! Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, that is soooo awesome! Good for you! Although I am not a pro, I am an audience member and I know Maria's advice is good. The more refined the technique, the more likely I am to sit up and take notice. Also, remember to make it look like it's not your job, but your passion (which I know won't be too hard for you!). Nothing turns an audience off more than a dancer who seems bored. The more energy you have, the more likely your audience will feel it.
    Best of luck to you, Hadassah!

Post Thanks / Like

My weakest point is my self-confidence, and projecting comfort with the audience. I'm so shy naturally that it just seems fake to smile constantly. My teacher is trying to help me, but it's just not easy. Any advice? Should I just put a gob of vaseline on my teeth and forget about it?!

Post Thanks / Like

Hadassah:

I'm naturally shy too. But two things have helped me so far: 1. I dance without my glasses (that way I don't panic with one bored stare), and 2. I don't force a wide smile, I usually start with a simple smile, but get so carried away sometimes that end up almost laughing. Just enjoy what you're doing and try not to look to the floor .

Post Thanks / Like

Dear Hadassah, that's wonderful!! Congratulations!

I'm also a very shy person, and looking to the floor is an issue for me as well lol. Even when I'm not looking at it I still seem to be doing it.. My teacher constantly reminds me not to look down, and it's starting to get better now with her help.
    Fatima's advice is good. Just smile like it's natural, no fake wide-smiles anyway (might help if it works for you, I just know it doesn't help me much and looks weird ) but start with a small smile. For me it happens the same way Fatima describes, I start feeling better after smiling for a bit.

Good luck to you and best wishes,

Yshka

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for your advice. I find that the more comfortable I am with my music and routine, the better I am at confidence. Also, I just think that I need to realize that not everyone is picking me apart in the audience. I think the "hardest" crowd in a way is other dancers, because they know how good or bad you are, but they are also the most encouraging.

And as far as the glasses thing, LOL! Fatima and I obviously are both near-sighted! It's good for faces to melt into a blur, though. It makes it less stressful! My teacher and I are always reminding each other to take off our glasses before we go on stage. Nothing kills the image of an exotic bellydancer faster than four eyes!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast