Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Too old?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aniseteph View Post
    No no no no no... you are definitely not too old to be learning belly dance! I was over 40 when I started and can't imagine life without it (starts hyperventilating at the very idea...). You are not alone.

Which country have you moved to, if you don't mind my asking? Just that it seems unusual for a whole class to be so young - in the UK classes generally have an wide range of ages and it is not an issue at all. Maybe you need to bring some older friends along to balance things out a bit.
    My husband and I moved to a small town in Belgium called Braine-l'Alleud. It was very hard for me to find belly dance classes in this area, especially one in English. I went to a couple of "haflas" organized by another bellydance instructor in this area, and there were only a few women my age, and they were not dancing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, it's difficult in small towns. I have to travel to classes nowadays, but not that far - some of the the US ladies/gents would probably think it the equivalent of falling out of my front door.

Still I'm surprised by the limited age range. Perhaps you could try out some non-English speaking ones, they might have a wider range, and it'd be a great immerse yourself in the language exercise

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234