Post Thanks / Like

Default Gothic Belly Dance DVD review in the Gilded Serpent

Post Thanks / Like

Congrats Amulya !!! Great Review from the teqnical point, for the general public to understand it, and also giving the point of view of the creators...
    As a review for a DVD you did great work, and I like also that you are "political sweet and gentle" in your comments

Now can I speak up?

I cant believe how people buy it, it give the wrong wrong idea for bellydance or even for the "dark side of it", errr does bellydance a form of dance that celebrate the bright side of the life, even with the emotional pain that exist have something to do with Goth???

I was borrowed this DVD and we watched it some months ago with my first teacher Kika Christodoulou in the dance school.

Result:
    We BOTH vomited !!! I mean for real !!!

I strongly believe that it is a DANGEROUS DVD for teenagers to watch it, and keep in mind that i'm an extra open mother!!!
    And I have a living example for it.
    My daughter's best friend is a "darkish teenager" they do together Modern Jazz, they sneaked the DVD from the house and saw it, and Eve (the darkteen) she was fascinated with the knife things etc and started to go to school like that !!!!!!!! I'm not saying that the DVD did it only, but now she have connected bellydance with darkness and this is not IT.
    Also what made me mad is the high class production.
    And this means that there are many money to support a production like this.
    And why there arent on a great all AmCab of today DVD?
    Or a great all Arab Dance of today DVD?
    Just some thoughts.

And beside that, lets speak up !!!!
    I know that are many that agree with me, but instead of posting in forums they send me congratulatings e-mail for speaking !!!!!!!

We have nothing to fear off, its a free opinion world we are living in.

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

I can imagine it is not everybody's cup of tea, but I did like the DVD, except for some parts of it obviously. As belly dance is an emotional dance where there is also a place for other emotions than happiness and joy I can imagine some people want to dance like this. But it clearly needs to be labeled in order to understand this is not general belly dance.
    Some things were out of place (am I saying this very un-BOB-ishly ?), but it is a very experimental DVD.