Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Post Thanks / Like

Default oops, she has her own group now...

Acckkkkk, ya turn yer back on a forum and things go off in another direction... I just looked at bellydancevideos group and found that Tegan has gone off to her own private group. That was probably the group to which Aziyade referred, not Shira's bellydancevideos group. My apologies, Aziyade.

what I originally wrote follows:
    The Yahoo group in which Tegan announced her intentions to make DVDs is NOT moderated by her!!! The moderator is Shira, who I'm sure will approve your joining it. I joined in order to see what was really being said and by whom.

The purpose of the group is to discuss belly dance videos - ANY belly dance videos. Tegan joined the group to post about her intentions to make some DVDs and ask for input. Her comments about several well-known and well-respected teachers understandably launched a torrent of replies and counter-replies which spilled out into this forum and Bhuz too.

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post
    I did not join the group cause you have to have approval to join, and I seriously doubt she would approve me!

A'isha, I think any words to her that aren't "oh you're so fabulous" would go in one ear and out the other. If and when her dvds materialize, I'm sure someone will get one and review it, and if the material stands up to scrutiny, I'll even buy one! But I have a funny feeling it won't, and she'll probably disappear into the woodwork -- or she'll decide to only make it available to her students.

I just don't understand why she got so hysterical about the whole thing. If you truly believe in what you're saying, shouldn't you be able to explain it without getting defensive?
    Last edited by LeylaLanty; 11-14-2007 at 01:50 AM. Reason: correction - she has her own group now

Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a Question (for older members of this forum...not age, lol, but the time they have been here, hehe :-p): isn't her partner "Michelle" she is referring to the Michelle who was claiming earlier this year on this forum, that she can do personal video coaching through the internet or something??? Anyone remember that thread...If it is her, than we have to "experts" teamed up...oh dear, oh dear.

Post Thanks / Like

Ranya that sounded like a challenge to me.... and I qualify on both types of older!

The Michelle who posted the dance mentor thread (Michelle D) has deleted all her posts recently. But I don't remember her posts being particularly badly written whereas the other Michelle's posts on tribe , well, not the most perfect English (I hope it's not her 1st language...). They don't come across as the same person.

He he he, the idea of two "experts" getting together, reaching critical mass like a couple of bits of uranuim or something and sparking off some hideous bellydance chain reaction... OMG, what am I saying, of course it happens all the time. Where did I put my lead-lined costume?

PS. Just found that group with what Aziyade quoted: chenum_jewels : Messages : 98-127 of 127
    Last edited by Aniseteph; 11-14-2007 at 07:14 PM. Reason: PS

Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL aniseteph...as I am not tribe I could not compare the two Michelles, so t'was just an idea...
    And yeah well you are right, those explosive combinations (in a negative sense) happen too often...unfortunately.

Post Thanks / Like

So has this set materialized yet?

Just wonderin'.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by pacman77 View Post
    Instructional CDs would be great I want my girlfriend to learn and she is keen to but no schools around here so cds would be perfect,where do you get them?
    A good general source is Amazon.com -- because it has almost everything, anyway.

And I recently found an excellent basic/intermediate CD by Dahlena, one of the earliest pioneers in American belly dancers. Excellent quality: Home

And why don't you consider learning for yourself? Check out the guys' forum.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharmine View Post
    A good general source is Amazon.com -- because it has almost everything, anyway.

And I recently found an excellent basic/intermediate CD by Dahlena, one of the earliest pioneers in American belly dancers. Excellent quality: Home

And why don't you consider learning for yourself? Check out the guys' forum.
    I suspect that may not have been a sincere request

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kharmine View Post
    And I recently found an excellent basic/intermediate CD by Dahlena, one of the earliest pioneers in American belly dancers.
    Kharmine, do you happen to know if that instructional dvd has the same content as an instructional videotape she produced in the 90s? The filming and clothing would look very 90s. I think it's the same, and I have that videotape, but I haven't found anyone with the DVD version yet to compare it to. Thanks!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Aziyade View Post
    Kharmine, do you happen to know if that instructional dvd has the same content as an instructional videotape she produced in the 90s? The filming and clothing would look very 90s. I think it's the same, and I have that videotape, but I haven't found anyone with the DVD version yet to compare it to. Thanks!
    No idea, kiddo. Maybe you can find out via her web site. She responds pretty promptly to emails.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456