Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Just wanted to add that Serena's jewerly's was MINE lol
    I was wearing them at a lesson with her some years ago, she loved them, (and i love her) so gave them to her.
    She told me she was gonna wear them at a choreo for DVD, but didnt knew what DVD etc, just saw the clips and i went screaming !
    And I'm so happy she wear them at this DVD

Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

That is so cool!!! I'll have to check and see if you get a "costuming" credit ! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the review! It inspired me to look at the clips from Hossam Ramzy's website. I love Hossam and Serena! I have Visual Melodies but was a little disappointed in it. I bought it to refresh my memory of a choreography I learned from her in a workshop, but ended up watching it as a performance dvd. I love the detailed choreography notes, but felt Visual Melodies was a little skimpy on content. Hopefully this one is a little meatier. The concept of performance / instruction dvd sounds promising.

I have a question, does she actually describe the moves? I couldn't tell from the short clips I watched. Also does the dvd mention how they learned/researched the material? I will probably put this dvd on my Christmas list. If I can wait that long!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ranya View Post
    The Visual Melodies DVD shows three performances by Serena, each from three possible angles: front, left, right. For the front angle there is always either the instrument, or the rhytm played indicated in the right top corner of the screen. Like this you can see what movement Serena does for which musical instrument or which particular rhythm and it also helps you to analyse the music. Hossam Ramzy advises to read also his articles published on his website together with the use of the DVD. In these articles he also describes how to analyse and interpret music.
    For me personnaly the DVD was a good help. The performances are not mega-varied, they are of the same style, but that helped me even more to see how Serena analyses and interprets the music. For me definitely worth its value, but if you only like DVDs with break down of choreos than this is something completely different.
    Thank you Rania!

I will definitly look into their DVDs! Will look for video preview 1st!!

Post Thanks / Like

Samsied, she DOES actually do instruction. But give me this weekend to REALLY watch this dvd, and I'll give you a more detailed review.

Quote Originally Posted by samsied View Post
    Thanks for the review! It inspired me to look at the clips from Hossam Ramzy's website. I love Hossam and Serena! I have Visual Melodies but was a little disappointed in it. I bought it to refresh my memory of a choreography I learned from her in a workshop, but ended up watching it as a performance dvd. I love the detailed choreography notes, but felt Visual Melodies was a little skimpy on content. Hopefully this one is a little meatier. The concept of performance / instruction dvd sounds promising.

I have a question, does she actually describe the moves? I couldn't tell from the short clips I watched. Also does the dvd mention how they learned/researched the material? I will probably put this dvd on my Christmas list. If I can wait that long!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12