How do you do a goddess walk?

Amanda (was Aziyade)

Hi Rita,
Since bellydance has no real standard vocabulary, it's tough to say what each teacher means when she refers to a movement. I'm not sure what a "goddess walk" is, and it could be ANYTHING, really, depending on the teacher. Who are you learning from? Same with swan arms -- could be a version of snake arms, but you'd have to ask your teacher.

sedoniaraqs

She's not learning from anyone, but she is taking advantage of peoples' generosity.

Don't waste your time here.

Sedonia

rita1969

Banned
Sedonia

Frist Of All I Am Learning You Dont Know Me Do You!
You Dont Like My Questions Its Your Problem You Are So
Negative.
I Would Take Advice From You.
I Am Going To Keep On Asking Questions Whether You Like It Or Not.
There Are Lots Of Belly Dance Boards.

Souzan

Rita,

I have never heard of something called a Goddess Walk or Swan Arms or Goddess Arms. If someone is teaching you this, then ask your teacher to give you a breakdown of what she is talking about.

Souzan

rita1969

Banned
To Souzan

I saw the goddess walk on a site,but they didnt explain what it is.I wonder if there is a differnt name for it.Thank you for your help.:lol:

Lydia

Hi Rita..perhaps you can explain a little bit about yourself ? i went to your profile and post,but dont see anything its says you are a bellydancer that,s all...so perhaps you can tel us a bit more ...where you are from , how long you are a bellydancer and just give a little bit away from yourself,so we get to know you better...on this forum we all are like a big family and we like to know eachother...so perhaps than we can give you much better info and be able to help you out a bit more...when you only post ,,hi how is this working,,and just give us 5 words...its not realy sounding like you want to be 1 of us but just like you just wanna take and go....So perhaps Rita?you can tel us a bit more about yourself and then i am sure you will feel realy welcome and happy overhere..have a great day and happy dancing Lydia

rita1969

Banned
To.Lydia dubai

I am a belly dancer unless I would not be on this site.I been belly
dancing for 6 months now.One day ill be advanced belly dancer.
I find the hardest moves are the easy ones for me to do.
I also take belly dance notes and put them in my notebook,that way ill
have it iwhen i need to look up a dance move.
I am from arizona.
Thank you for replying.:):):):):):):):)

Amanda (was Aziyade)

I am a belly dancer unless I would not be on this site.I been belly
dancing for 6 months now.One day ill be advanced belly dancer.
I find the hardest moves are the easy ones for me to do.
I also take belly dance notes and put them in my notebook,that way ill
have it iwhen i need to look up a dance move.
I am from arizona.
Thank you for replying.:):):):):):):):)

Hi Rita,

To be more accurate, you are a bellydance STUDENT, more so than a bellydancer. And as a student -- who seems to really want to learn and advance her knowledge -- it's vitally important that you find a live instructor somewhere. If you are serious about this dance, that's the first step. I have monthly private lessons with a lady 2 hours away from me (each way!!) because there is no advanced level instruction where I live.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the "hardest moves are the easy ones" for you. I'm not really sure any move is all that difficult in itself. (Well, Jamila's Baraka with full spin might count as a hard one, depending on the speed!) But anyway, it's not the "move" but how you transition, layer, put it all together, add emotion, interpret the music, etc. -- THAT's the tricky part, and really a live instructor can help you through this.

You can't learn to dance by reading message boards or books or for that matter, solely watching dvds. ESPECIALLY at your level, you need the guidance of a live instructor.

We appreciate your enthusiasm here and on Bhuz, but you have to respect the advice you've been given.

rita1969

Banned
To.Aziyade

I do respect the advice is given,I can get an instructor on computer,I
feel that I personally dont have to take classes to learn.I dont find belly
dancing hard to learn at all.It comes easy with me.
I am a belly dancer,I have tooken a class years ago,.But im also a student.
We all are learning new techniques whether we are beginners,intermediate,
or advance we all are students.Thats my opinion im sticking to it.

rita1969

Banned
To.Maria_Aya

I asked and no one one this board can explain it so far.
Im going to the site where I found it and ask them.What a goddess move is.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: