Post Thanks / Like

Default Hands of Soheir Zaki...?

I am completely in awe of Suheir Zaki as a dancer, she is just unbelievable to me, i adore the manner of her arms,, its so graceful and relaxed and I noticed that the way she holds her hands seems different somehow from other dancers ( reminds me of a Barbie),, icant seem to notice whats different about them though,, anyone else notice this?? lol i know its a weird question...

Post Thanks / Like

Hei,

you are right, they are very different arms. In some way she uses more arms than a general contemporary dancer, the arms move more actively. But then again they move less Because the arms don't get in the way of the hip moves, they don't stele attencion. Some characteristic features I can spot are the arms sometimes held on the sides, going down the diagonal but the whole armbads(wrists and fingers) are bent completly opposite, looks slightly stiff but with no tesion. Also her arms often do circles from side up and from center down. One thing her arms have in common with Samia Gamal is they both love to keep hands infront of their chest and crossed. It's almost a trademark of this stilistics.

kHAIRA

Post Thanks / Like

I am off to youTube look at her arms....now I am really intrigued!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Khaira you are so right... they don't take attention away from anything else. It is graceful and beautiful to watch Reen. I have terrible hands and arm movements... I am taking workshops all next month about hands, arms and posture.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, so once again i am not imagining things,, i think her arms and hands make a big difference and are part of why she became famous lol,, i mean just the total package was so lovely,, i think shes my favorite ....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Khaira View Post
    Hei,

you are right, they are very different arms. In some way she uses more arms than a general contemporary dancer, the arms move more actively. But then again they move less Because the arms don't get in the way of the hip moves, they don't stele attencion. Some characteristic features I can spot are the arms sometimes held on the sides, going down the diagonal but the whole armbads(wrists and fingers) are bent completly opposite, looks slightly stiff but with no tesion. Also her arms often do circles from side up and from center down. One thing her arms have in common with Samia Gamal is they both love to keep hands infront of their chest and crossed. It's almost a trademark of this stilistics.

kHAIRA
    I also agree that she uses the arms alot but it manages not not interrupt her hip movements,,or detract attention