Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default "I'm Learning from YouTube" ?????

What is going on?

I'm on several message boards for different things, and I'm increasingly seeing people calling themselves a "bellydancer" and when I ask who they're learning from, what format, etc. they respond with, "I'm learning from YouTube."

WTF???!!!!!

I wish I had a magic stick. I could hit people with it and knock some sense into them.

Did you think you could learn ballet from watching YouTube? How about a martial art?

I realize the transmission of Oriental dance in culture is a little different than a ballet class, but STILL!!!!!

Of course, this explains the myriad videos ON YouTube of people claiming to be bellydancers. Garbage in, garbage out, I suppose...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh! I can't tell you the hope and inspiration this gives me!!

I love the cello and have always wished I started playing it when I was young. Those of you who have visited my youtube playlist may have noticed a number of cello clips interspersed with the Egyptian dancers.

I'm hoping that by spending lots of time watching Maurice Gendron, Yo Yo Ma, and Mischa Maisky enough, that I will be able to one day play cello and be very good. Teacher? Lessons? I don't have time for that, plus I'm naturally musically inclined, and everyone knows that if you're musically inclined you don't really need training. I also don't own a cello, but that can come later, kinda like pelvic posture can be picked up in oriental dance after mastering all the difficult moves.

Sedonia

p.s. O.K. I'll admit it. I only watch Maurice Gendron because he's HOT! What passion!!

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh
    Youtube have been a great help for me also !!!
    Always admired the people that skate and now with all the crazy skateboard video's i've seen in youtube, i'm off to buy my first skateboard and amaze the crowd at the piazza lol

Well all things have good and bad side.
    youtube gave us the opportunity to see video's we didnt knew, teqnicks etc, but same time ... we all know

xoxo
    Maria Aya

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, I wonder if I could succeed learning Arabic by watching all those music videos at Youtube

I agree with Maria, there is no good without the bad. At least some of those people do show up at the boards (I naively believe that at least a bit of their motivation has to do with wanting to learn more) where we can try to put some sense into them. Of course, I am not that naive to believe we can convert them all, but at least we are doing our best.

Post Thanks / Like

I also have watched "Inked" and "Extreme makeover" a few times on TV. I'm planning within a year or two to open a cello instruction/tatoo parlour/plastic surgery clinic.

Sedonia

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dance, etc

Quote Originally Posted by sedoniaraqs View Post
    I also have watched "Inked" and "Extreme makeover" a few times on TV. I'm planning within a year or two to open a cello instruction/tatoo parlour/plastic surgery clinic.

Sedonia

Dear Sedonia,
    Snicker.....
    Can you make it a drive-thru???
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

I watch "House" on a regular basis, so if any of you have any ailments, please let me diagnose you. I already have a doctor costume!!

I work cheap. If you already have a doctor, please tell me how much you are paying him and I will do it for less.

Post Thanks / Like

First you need to send me a photo of you in your doctor costume so I know that you are good enough!
    immer glimmer

Post Thanks / Like

ROFL

Post Thanks / Like

I want to learn how to do liposuction with my vacuum cleaner--on myself!

Souzan

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast