Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

This thread is hillarious...I know it started as a sort of serious topic, but it just made my day, so so funny!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh well I just belive that if a person is serious about the dance sooner or later (hopefully sooner) he/she will end up in class.... otherwise this person is not serious no matter what they claim or say.... *put on ignore*

Post Thanks / Like

THANK YOU FOR THIS THREAD!!! I was beginning to wonder how to respond to a certain members posts that were annoying the hell out of me for the past few days.

I read along.. got upset, wanted to respond, restrained myself, went through that process again a few times... (well, respond is the understatement here, my inner self wanted to just write something really angry and click the submit button.... - whereas really angry might be another understatement lol)

Sedonia, I cannot tell you how happy I am that there's people like you who will treat trolls (either forum- or bellydance-) like they should be treated. Your posts have made my day and you've quite said everything I've been trying to figure out how to say gently for two days. THANK YOU

I agree with Reen, but sometimes unfortunately those 'not serious' people do proclaim themselves to be professional dancers which might really not be good for the image of our art. In the long run however we can only try to educate and hope the bad ones don't do too much harm.

Now Aziyade, an undercutting doctor?? Wow, you must be good!! Say, I've watched Pimp my Ride on mtv a couple of weeks ago, could we make a deal? How 'bout you treat me for an illness and I'll give your car a makeover for free? Afterwards we might meet up to go see Maria at the piazza, anyone else coming along?

P.s. Many many thanks to A'isha, for being such a wonderful moderator
    Last edited by Yshka; 10-31-2007 at 11:05 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Sedonia! I, too, adore cello, but I am a couple steps up on you. I had lessons in the past and actually (GASP!) own a cello. I am sure if I sit in front of it daily, crooning Bach and Apocolyptica tunes to it, it will be impressed by my devotion and teach me to play by osmosis, which is good, since I don't like to practice. And as soon as I have absorbed all the instrument has to teach me, I intend to tour the world teaching workshops in Goddess Cello. Please be sure and send me lots of postcards about how my technique changed your life.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Goddess Cello
    Priceless!!!

Sedonia

Paris, FRANCE or Cairo, EGYPT or Bratislava, SLOVAKIA
    Post Thanks / Like

I second Sedonia...LOL. I already told you Shanazel how I just simply A-D-O-R-E your jokes...gosh this always makes my day. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Goddess Cello... blimey, I don't want to think about what that would sound/look like.

Of course every woman has a right to express her inner wossname through her innate ability to play the cello...
    and don't you forget it.

Post Thanks / Like

Goddess Cello music is heavenly- or do I mean unearthly?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Goddess cello

Quote Originally Posted by Shanazel View Post
    Goddess Cello music is heavenly- or do I mean unearthly?
    Well, I do have a person that I can name as a violin goddess.
    Nadja Solerno Sonnenberg She plays as if both heaven and hell were in her very soul.
    Regards,
    A'isha

Post Thanks / Like

The name is familiar, but I am so poor at recalling names, even of people I know. Does she have recordings out? (Please, no one tell me she is the violin equivalent of Yoyo Ma, or I will be really embarassed.)
    Last edited by Shanazel; 11-01-2007 at 07:08 PM. Reason: spelling, of course

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast