Worst BD song?

Caroline_afifi

:lol: oh dare I say it?? :think:

I would rather than have Shik shak shok or anything by Hakim than Emad Sayed ot Hossam Ramzy!!

To be fair, I have not heard anything by either of them for years but in the
90's these were the most popular for classes.

They were the worst covers I ever heard.

Hossam's Source of fire had one or two good tracks but non inspired me that much.

I was so glad when the flood gates opened with real Egyptian music and not awful plinkety plonk versions at played double speed.

Azrael

Unlike you guys (not insulting you here!) I don't have a song I absolutely hate. I still enjoy listening to most of the music, (Chicky, Ojos Asi, Bellydancer by Akon, Shik Shak Shok,ect) but that may be because I've only been on the scene for about 2 years - there is lots of music my teacher hates, so I guess it comes with time?

eden eyes

ojos asi is really good in the studio with the bass turned all the way up and people are sitting around inside and outside watching you. haha but that's about it.

i can't stand the song Talakik by Hakim...jeeeze....i used to like it (it was the very FIRST BD song i ever downloaded) and now i can't stand it. at one point i got so tired of it i put it on the warm-up cd (so i wouldn't actually have to dance to it) and i don't even do that anymore...so annoying. especially the end, when it lasts for freaking ever...

eden eyes

ughh....

i think i just heard chicky (i looked for it on youTube). i liked it at first, until the rapping started...

ughh....no wonder most of you hate it:lol:

Jane

I hate Simarik (aka kiss kiss). I go on vacation and lo and behold, my students had put together a Simarik choreography to dance for me when I got back as a surprise. Gaaaah!!! :lol::lol: They had no idea how sick of that song I was.

gisela

Super Moderator
ughh....

i think i just heard chicky (i looked for it on youTube). i liked it at first, until the rapping started...

ughh....no wonder most of you hate it:lol:

Aah I know. I had never heard of it until I went on the forums and then I had to have a listen. Pretty awful IMO :D

Farasha Hanem

I'm just a little weirdo...

O.O

Most of the songs that have been mentioned, I love, ESPECIALLY Chicky... :confused:

:whistle:

Ahhh, well, I'll just run along and take my maroon glitterdot and Oojami CD's with me. XD :rolleyes: :yay: :tongue: :lol:

However, I was really let-down when I bought Hakim's two-disk live concert CD, "The Lion Roars In Egypt." I meant to get "The Lion in America" CD, but Hastings ordered me the wrong one. :mad: When I played it, I got so ticked off, all those brass horns in the orchestra and whatnot. Made his music sound like something Las Vegas-y. -_- It didn't help that when he introduced almost every number, he kinda reminded me of an Egyptian Wayne Newton... -_-

Mya

I hate Simarik (aka kiss kiss). I go on vacation and lo and behold, my students had put together a Simarik choreography to dance for me when I got back as a surprise. Gaaaah!!! :lol::lol: They had no idea how sick of that song I was.

I also hate this song! From the first time i heard it i found it was monotonous and boring, but beginners love it and mine are doing a choreography to it for WBD...goodness knows i've heard it more times in the last 6 months than i ever care to again.

It shall be banished from my studio after WBD

jenc

I too hate it. I had to do a beginner's choreo to it and then dropped out for several years. When I started again with different teacher, guess what! Both ladies took 20 weeks to teach it.

Aniseteph

I too hate it. I had to do a beginner's choreo to it and then dropped out for several years. When I started again with different teacher, guess what! Both ladies took 20 weeks to teach it.

Ewwww..... 20 weeks of it, that should be illegal.

alosha

snakecharmer by bassnectar. i absolutely LOVE bassnectar, but that song is SO overplayed. tired of seeing scantily-clad college girls dancing in their dorm rooms to that song.

Azrael

snakecharmer by bassnectar. i absolutely LOVE bassnectar, but that song is SO overplayed. tired of seeing scantily-clad college girls dancing in their dorm rooms to that song.

Really? It must be different songs overplayed in different countries, or maybe I'm just really new at this music scene, but I hadn't heard of "snakecharmer" until recently, and i LOVE it. Am going to be learning choreography to it soon, can't wait!

alosha

i loved it when i first heard it, but the i heard it everywhere. i figure in a couple years i'll like it again!

alosha

Really? It must be different songs overplayed in different countries, or maybe I'm just really new at this music scene, but I hadn't heard of "snakecharmer" until recently, and i LOVE it. Am going to be learning choreography to it soon, can't wait!

just saw a performance to snakecharmer that i LOVE! so now i like the song again.