Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

"oh, she's good but she's not as good as Shakira"

I've actually read this somewhere, something like this anyway, saying also that she didn't do anything with her hips so it wasn't bellydance anyway!!!!
    NEAR A FIFI ABDOU VIDEO:eek: :eek:

How stupid can one get really???? She's only like, one of the best dancers ever...

I hate those comments on YouTube. I generally stay away from them to avoid high blood pressure (nice way of putting it Michelle!) or as Aniseteph desribes I would have signed up for it and kicked their B*tts...

I can't stand the ones that say stuff about underaverage dancers or people disgracing the dance that say omg look at her she's so hot she's so good blablabla.. makes me even more angry. For me YouTube is usually watching a clip and then leaving soon enough so I don't read all the nasty comments.

I recall one saying "OMG She is so talented!!!" to a close up clip of a girls belly doing O's/ummi's on and on and on...

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately You Tube also seems to attract the pedophiles. There was a video clip a while back of a very young female belly dancer, and her video clip attracted the attentions of a real sicko. Perhaps You Tube should consider using moderators, since the site administrators cannot possibly keep up with the huge volume of videos and comments. I think it would be a big job even for moderators, though...

Post Thanks / Like

My god Rico that's disgusting. I think problem really is that nobody really keeps an eye on what's happening. It's a shame, could be a nice site. Moderators would be good to keep track of what's happening around there. It would be a huge load of work for moderators too, but how about dividing it into separate categories or the like and having different moderatorsfor that. Would still be big but at least someone would be checking it out every now and then to keep it spam/abuse free..

Post Thanks / Like

Once I read a comment on youtube that made me stay away & be aware of reading any of youtube comments.... as usually, people started a discussion about one dancer's preformance, and then the topic moved slowly-slowly to rape And there one boy says " Don't say that rape is a bad thing, if my mom wasn't raped I wouldn't have been born"...... I was glad that other boys started yelling & swearing & saying that the boy was sick & he needed a doctor's help... After that I don't read youtube comments....

Post Thanks / Like

You can report things to youtube. apparently they have a no racial harassment policy BUT I reported an anti-Roma vid from someone called something like Killgypsies and got no reply. I can only assume that they refuse to recognise Roma as a racial group.

This is not unique to them. In the Uk you can incite hatred against Muslims because they are not a racial group.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jenc View Post

This is not unique to them. In the Uk you can incite hatred against Muslims because they are not a racial group.
    I thought that's why they brought in the inciting religious hatred legislation, or did that not get passed?

Member Tribal Belly Dance Malta's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I seem to be a lucky girl as i have never had a bad comment on my 3 videos, maybe because I am just not famous I don't attract that type of attention?

YouTube - Tribal Belly Dance "The Earth Garden Festival" Sword Malta

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karena View Post
    I thought that's why they brought in the inciting religious hatred legislation, or did that not get passed?
    sorry should have said until recently used to be able to.

I was thinking more about that the person intending the slur means it racially - but the authorities decided that religion was the reason for slur, death threats etc and that made it somehow OK.

Post Thanks / Like

I got "shuttup u ugly something something, ur stupid" comments on my profile for telling them to stop saying bad things on certain videos. hehe i just blocked them.

Post Thanks / Like

I made two videos to rebut someone who said something really stupid when I put up my first videos. Had I known youtube was a magnet for disturbed people I wouldn't have bothered. The sad thing is that it just shows you how many disturbed people there really are out there. Its frightening to think about it.

I realized later it had nothing to do with me. I saw a video of two kids one 4yrs old the other 6 and they were drumming. The kids were as good as adult professionals, but the hate filled comments.... That's when I realized what was going on. If you see an ethnic video, you can bet someone from the neighboring country is going to slam it. If its a religious video, same thing. I made a different video on a topic unrelated to dance and finally I just disabled comments because of all the racist slurs being hurled back and forth, then I started getting hate mail about not allowing people to call each other nigger and cracker. There are a lot of disturbed people out there and the anonymity of the internet gives them a vehicle to vent. Most times they don't even watch the video. They just see the title, go straight to the comments and picks a fight.

I would say to everyone here not to be intimidated. realize that there are going to be people out there who say mean things just because. You can disable comments, delete comments or not allow them without your approval. I know its hard, because in real life, people would never say such crude things to your face, especially when you know them, so its a shock to be on the receiving end of that crap. Don't let if crush you. There are always people who are touched by what you share and they are the ones you have to focus on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast