YouTube Comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

I usually only vote. 5 stars for the great ones, 4 for those who I think will become great, 3 for the newbies who are really trying and show how they dance on their grans's birthday, 1 or 2 for the sleazy and wannabe-Shakira-bedroom dancers.

Artemocion Malta

I made two videos to rebut someone who said something really stupid when I put up my first videos. Had I known youtube was a magnet for disturbed people I wouldn't have bothered. The sad thing is that it just shows you how many disturbed people there really are out there. Its frightening to think about it.

I realized later it had nothing to do with me. I saw a video of two kids one 4yrs old the other 6 and they were drumming. The kids were as good as adult professionals, but the hate filled comments.... That's when I realized what was going on. If you see an ethnic video, you can bet someone from the neighboring country is going to slam it. If its a religious video, same thing. I made a different video on a topic unrelated to dance and finally I just disabled comments because of all the racist slurs being hurled back and forth, then I started getting hate mail about not allowing people to call each other nigger and cracker. There are a lot of disturbed people out there and the anonymity of the internet gives them a vehicle to vent. Most times they don't even watch the video. They just see the title, go straight to the comments and picks a fight.

I would say to everyone here not to be intimidated. realize that there are going to be people out there who say mean things just because. You can disable comments, delete comments or not allow them without your approval. I know its hard, because in real life, people would never say such crude things to your face, especially when you know them, so its a shock to be on the receiving end of that crap. Don't let if crush you. There are always people who are touched by what you share and they are the ones you have to focus on.

I sooo agree with you, these people writing silly comments have nothing better to do! YouTube - best break dance ever......... this video (i posted the link) shows absolute body control and believe me it is one of the most favorited videos but also got very bad comments ...why? people are jealous of the guy , who ever has a brain can see that! Even if you do not like the kind of dance you should not write silly comments , because what he does is really artistic. I mean , how can you not see the real art in this boy!?

Last edited:

Granddad

The thing with Youtube is that it's up to the person who posts the video to police the comments. If he/she doesn't keep an eye on their video clips then they're open to the world.

Youtube couldn't afford the army of mods that would be needed to intervene.

Artemocion Malta

worse than youtube ...hmm

In my country lately I recieved a petition to stop a presenter from appearing from any kind of media possible. Now thats cruel. Anyways the presenter is still going on and has many fans so... i guess this kind of behaviour is really useless.

I have seen this person on television since I was a baby and I am sure with such fame no one would mind the stupid comments (or petitions)

chryssanthi sahar

Hey folks, actually it is very simple to do something against nasty commentaries: you don't approve them and you block the user immediately. If you don't approve them they don't appear and if you block the user, he cannot post a commentary to your videos at all. Well, if you feel like fighting, you can even go to the stupid users youtube page, leave a nasty commentary on his guestbook and block him after this so he cannot answer:lol::lol::lol: I did this 2-3 times;)
Fortunately I have very very seldom negative commentaries on my videos and if there is one once a while it is mostly about my figure but almost never about my dancing, so who cares:cool: (some idiots find me fat, but I give a s..t on it, as always :lol:). If the commentary about my figure is not really offending, I let it appear, because there are always other people who defend me and attack the person who attacked me;):lol:
Sometimes I get also racist commentaries on my Greek Tsifteteli videos from Turks or Arabs, where they tell me that Greeks have "stolen" the Middle East culture. Well some Turks say more nasty things than that, but don't get me wrong, most Turks and Arabs that make commentaries on those videos are very positive about them and they tell how much they like them, so those people who make the bad commentaries are really exceptions. But if somebody makes such a commentary in a normal way and not offending me, I let it appear and I answer and there get more Greeks and Middle Easterners involved and there develops a discussion about Greece and Middle East etc. (Especially my video with the Traditional Greek Tsifteteli evolves some times to political forum, but if it gets too far, I delete the commentaries).
So actually I find the commentaries interesting, because you can see if people are sincere or if they just want to make trouble and if they want trouble you ignore them, or give them trouble back (depending on your mood:cool:).

Granddad

I made the mistake of posting at 05.48 (am) What I posted didn't quite come out the way I intended. :redface:

Last edited:

gypsy8522

Try giving them a history lesson? Greece didn't steal Middle Eastern culture, it had it imposed on it by the Ottoman empire. When Greece kicked the Ottomans out they decided to keep the good stuff. :D

There is a history of animosity between Greeks and Turks, while on the internet there is technically a virtual war between the two. So, you are more likely to find a Greek make some of the nastiest, most racist baselesss comments about Turks and vice versa. Either way, the Turks (and Arabs) have an important history and a beautiful Oriental culture, so do the Greeks they have one of the greatest civilizations in the world although their culture is mainly a European one.

I personally think that anyone who has a problem with a particular ethnic group should keep away from their ethnic dances, whether it's Turks and Tsifteteli or Greeks and Oriental. Emotion is something that shows through dance, and since racism is an emotion in no way different than love (opposite of love), it will show through as well.

Last edited:

Maria_Aya

At other's video, i never have the time to read the comments.
Its a short life honey to waste reading comments in all the millions of youtube video's lol
In my video's I do what Chryssanthi said above, keep them to approval.
I block the realy nasty ones, (usually about my weight) and the sexual ones (these are more lol).

Maria Aya

Granddad

Originally Posted by Granddad View Post
See above. I must remember to "engage brain before opening mouth."
Too late! I have already quoted you. See above.

What? Me? It's a fix!! Sheesh! I'd never survive in politics, would I? A good politician would have been able to turn that statement on it's head, use it to smear the opposition and then turn around and call for a public enquiry into the sex scandals in Santa's elf dormitories as a distraction. :(

chryssanthi sahar

I personally think that anyone who has a problem with a particular ethnic group should keep away from their ethnic dances, whether it's Turks and Tsifteteli or Greeks and Oriental. Emotion is something that shows through dance, and since racism is an emotion in no way different than love (opposite of love), it will show through as well.

I don't quite understand what you want to tell with this commentary:think: Who has a problem with other ethnic groups and should keep away from Oriental? Am I hearing a misunderstanding about my own person again? If this is directed to me, the only thing I have to answer is that me personally have no problem at all with any ethnic group. I only have problems with stubborn individuals of some ethnic groups (included my own fellow country people who sometimes accuse me on my dance videos that I am a betrayer of the authentic Greek culture because I deal with Oriental dance), who misunderstand other people just because they don't understand their way of thinking, put them in boxes they don't belong too and attack them at every possibility:mad: If I would hate Middle Eastern culture I would have never dealt so intensively with it for more of half of my life!!! If you haven't noticed it yet, I am not the kind of person who deals with things she hates:mad: I am very sincere, I always do what I really want to do, but I am also very proud and if people start talking to me in a certain way I get mad and I hit back, doesn't matter if those people are Greeks, Germans, Arabs, Turks, Americans or from Mars!!!That's all!!! And stop accusing me all of the time for stuff that has nothing to do with me. You and Masrawi just got a very very very wrong picture of me just because you read some commentaries of mine which were not conform with your own ideas, but of course you didn't read whole bunches of other commentaries which manifest my love and interest for Middle Eastern cultures! I am sick of being discriminated and permanently attacked by you two, on every occasion you can find to shoot at me. My personality and my thinking is too complicated for you to understand, so just leave me alone:mad: You have the right to hate me, but I don't want to know it, keep it to yourself!

Aisha Azar

YouTube

Dear Gang,
There was a time when I considered that YouTube might be a decent marketing tool, but I do not think that any longer. There is just too much drek to wade through. I am sorry to say that there is a huge amount of trash on Youtube that deserves negative comments. The other thing is, if a person can not take the heat that they KNOW some Youtube commenters are sure to make, they should perhaps not post anything on Youtube. I have only allowed one video of myself on Youtube at some else's request, because I have seen how people take things out of context, how many are on there just to get attention, how much garbage is there in comparison to stuff of value, etc.
I have a question. Knowing what kinds of responses even good work is likely to get, why would someone post their rehearsal on Youtube, or a performance that they did not feel was up to snuff, as some have mentioned here has been knowlingly done?
I also think that if there is a comment area and a person just deletes all the negative comments and keeps the nice ones...how honest is that? Personally, I am not even sure if any comments were ever made about the one that Sedonia posted of us doing Samri at her show. I never checked because I have seen the weirdos come out of the woodwork to post their comments on other videos, and much of the time, they do not know enough about what they are seeing to comment in the first place.
Regards,
A'isha

Status
Not open for further replies.