Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

ooh i love babies :)

stacy,let us know how that goes,sounds realy interesting.

I did my rachel session,looking forward to ballet later :)

I noticed today my posture realy is strengthening well.

sara,i got a copy of pump it up,ministry of sound,looks very hi impact,great to give myself a butt kicking!!!!

baked potatoes and cheese tonight,or jacket potatoes as they are called in these strange parts:rolleyes:

:)

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

If there is a secret ingredient then I've heard it is sugar. :naghty:

I have the book"Fast Food Nation" on hold at the library. Just about every copy was checked out! Also I believe it's not only about how bad fast food is for your body but its impact on the environment. I'll know more when I read it and I'll let you know. :D I forgot there was a movie as well. Let me know how it is. :)

miss_shimmy

i must admit,i havnt had fast food for a while now,being vegetarian,kinda limits you anyway..but i have had my moments in times gone by..
i will ask about the book when at library next,bet it would make a good read..

hi babylonia,lovely to ''see''you :)

belly_dancer

so Fast Food Nation is more of a serious book... similar in scope to Upton Sinclair's "the Jungle"... we all pretty much know of the non food ingredients that make up that S@(&*#)!... "Super Size Me" covers that aspect...
this is more about how fast food has seriously altered the American (& trickled down, the world!) way of life (& not in a good way... & not just nutritionally), it's about the HUGE potato factories & what that has done to agriculture (mono culture, genetic engineering, etc....), it's about how & where they get their beef, & what this is doing to the world, it's about the enslavement (basically) of the chicken farmers (not to mention what happens to the chickens!), it's about the exploitation of the immigrants & the poor... it's about the implications of all of the above on the future of the planet...... it's sort of depressing...
but
we are making a stand against all of this every time we choose NOT to eat at one of these places.... even the "healthy" choices are putting $ in their (already full!!) pockets....
I doubt the movie will be 1/2 way as informative as the book... how much info can be packed into 2 hours...., plus it is a pretty politically charged book... I am sure the movie will be way "watered down"....
remember...
what passes our lips, not only affects the bodies we live in, but also the earth we live on..... if you look around... the majority of humans, (not to mention other species!) aren't looking so healthy.... I think that clearly reflects the state of the earth.... & fast food is helping to kill us all, ("fast"!)...
there is a great movement.... called "slow food"... a couple of Italians started it as a joke, in response to the opening of the 1st Mc Donald's in Rome (in the 80's I think???)...... but the idea spread, & there are chapters in lots of countries now!! look it up!!!
off my soap box now.... hope all is well with everyone & everyone is able to make choices that work for them!!
peace

Venefica

Well I will not say Burger King and Pizza Hut are the bad guys, they dont force pepole to eat, it is not their fualt I am overweight, just as it is not Smith and Westons fualt when somone get shot when their weapons. Though the sugar industry have alot of power and have influenced alot of information campains and other such things so that peole eat more sugar. Ultimatly it is us as consumers that must become informed and eat acordingly to what we know are healthy.

Venefica

That is true, though we still ahve to fight our ures to eat all that yummy but no no food and that can be hard. :(

miss_shimmy

well did lots yesterday and i feel my body asking for a break,so today some gentle yoga only.
i got my yoga cards and my bollywood dvd came........woooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!i am so grateful of the resources there are to help me achieve my dream.
thankyou God.

i decided to get less stressed about eating habits,just to make sure i eat healthy,lightly and often..
i still feel a little chubby on my belly,but i bet i am not as chubby as i think i am.yesterday i felt the muscles on my sides realy feeling strong.

today...

* yoga
* 3 moves of callanetics.

wierd,i find it too hard to have a day doing no excercise at all.i have to do something!!!

how you doing today girls?:D ;) :cool: :)

Venefica

It is a bit slow for me to day. I have that time of the month and I realy, realy, realy want chocolathe, or ice cream.

Moon

It is a bit slow for me to day. I have that time of the month and I realy, realy, realy want chocolathe, or ice cream.

If I have that time of the month, I just take it! Those are times when chocolate is just necessary ;)

sstacy123

I'm doing well today, thank you!

Belly dancer, you're right, I'm sure just as all movies that come from books it will be watered down. I may read the book at some point in time but for now it will have to be the movie...I'm already feeling the stress levels trying to rise trying to get everything done I want/need to do. ERg...I guess I shouldn't spend so much time on these boards, but hey I'm at work...:rolleyes: although I do have some work I NEED to do...

Well I brought me another ab video to do today...try and get some kind of regularity going...the bad thing about all the resources is that I want them all and spend too much money that way!

miss_shimmy

I ended up doing some yoga with my son,and then we had a go at the bollywood,which is great for building up a sweat and lots of fun too!
didnt do callan or much else,was working all evening,but thats ok as its realy a restish day anyway.
looking forward to a great cardio workout in the morning...yipteee skipteee!!

I had a little icecream today..a little of what you fancy does you good.a friend said to me,if you realy crave for something,have a little and realy anjoy and take your time with each mouthful...

Venefica

For me that dont work. I can never have a little candy. I need to cut the no nos completly from my diet or I will just end up eating more, it is more easy for me not to eat any of it, than to eat just a little. But pepole is different in that aspect.

miss_shimmy

oh i can totally relate to that,i used to be like that with chocolate,once i started i coulnt stop.
doing a little bit of icecream instead of a huge bowl full took some control:shok:
whats made it easier i think is not having it for so long,i have had fruits in place of choc and such,which again,took some doing.

today back on schedule,just having peppermint tea,then going up to do the ministry of sound workout.which will totally kick my butt,but thats just what i need!
was up late working last night,so am running a little behind,but thats okies,i will soon catch up.

how did the ab video go stacy?

love to all,good luck with your day

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Venefica

Yes, if one lay of sugar for a while one need less before it quikly get to sweet, but it is still hard to ahve just a little of it.

Thank you, you have a wonderful day to. :D

sstacy123

The ab workout went well thank you...although I'm not sore today like I was last week when I did it...I was going to do the Rachel Brice video afterwards (I use my lunch hour and go to the exercise room we have at work) but there is no remote to the TV and the menu was stuck on Performance, I couldn't figure out how to get it on Practice without the remote.:( So I just practiced some BD on my own. I think I have some workout videos in my car I may try and run out there and do one of those today if I can get them to work.

belly_dancer

For me that dont work. I can never have a little candy. I need to cut the no nos completly from my diet or I will just end up eating more, it is more easy for me not to eat any of it, than to eat just a little. But pepole is different in that aspect.

me too... it really hard for me to do 'PORTION CONTROL"... so you have to just BANISH the stuff you have control problems with from your house for a while.... maybe invite them back after a while...
I actually find it easier too if I just go with the flow, so to speak..... so now, instead of eating a WHOLE BOWL/bag of chips.... I eat a WHOLE bowl of broccoli... at first a bit hard.... but YOU CAN adjust... & SOME STUFF (LIKE BROCCOLI) is not just "calorie" friendly.... but SOOOOOO good for your health as well!!!! (ok... I must admit... for my raw broccoli, I use a dip... currently, my fave is HUMMUS... if I am trying to lose weight, I cut it..... 1/2 hummus, 1/2 yougurt..... can barely tell the difference.... in fact it is creamier... & yougurt is super good for you as well....)
oooohhhh I feel sooo HEALTHY!!!! good luck!!!!!
peace

belly_dancer

The ab workout went well thank you...although I'm not sore today like I was last week when I did it...I was going to do the Rachel Brice video afterwards (I use my lunch hour and go to the exercise room we have at work) but there is no remote to the TV and the menu was stuck on Performance, I couldn't figure out how to get it on Practice without the remote.:( So I just practiced some BD on my own. I think I have some workout videos in my car I may try and run out there and do one of those today if I can get them to work.

ooohhhh that is SOOOO good, being able to work out at work!!!! (especially belly dance!!!!) :dance: keep it up!!!! I was I think in the best shape of my life when I had a gym right across the street form my work... (even though it cost 2x as much as the one near my home.... it is somehow easier to use the lunch hour, than before or after work (at least for me!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.