Page 23 of 79 FirstFirst ... 13171819202122232425262728293373 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

Mad

Ahhh...I just typed out a long reply and hit a button and it took it away...boo...okay see if I can do it again...

I want to lose weight for a few reasons...i've never been the weight I've wanted to be, always a few pounds heavier. If i don't keep my weight in check I believe I could become very overweight...and I'm 26, I think now is the time, I don't have kids yet and they say it doesn't get easier as you age. I feel better when I eat better. (and when I'm active although still not very active)..and most of my clothes haven't been fitting me...

Well I have more french fry (or chips as some in other corners of the world call them) cravings but I do enjoy my desserts so (not specifically chocolate) I have a 100 calorie cup of ice cream each day...

I've done the water thing before and I just don't like it, it starts sloshing in your stomach...and then I'd have to give up my diet sodas (I already had to give up my mountain dews ) I want to give up the diet sodas too, but that is just too much too fast.

Oh, yeah I've got a quote on my desk that says don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today.

Post Thanks / Like

hiya stacey ,lovely to hear from you

so what action are you going to take to start towards your goal?it all starts with baby steps..one step at a time.

what do you envision the end results to be?

I have done great today,only slight cravings,feeling better and better
    geting slimmer by the day.
    last night I put on a lacey vest,it never would go over my shoulders before..alas now it fits!!!!YIPEEEEEE!!!

I have let my body rest today.got on top of the house work,feels good.an early night tonight I thihnk ready for dancing in the morning.

love and light

Post Thanks / Like

[quote=miss_shimmy;17160]hiya stacey ,lovely to hear from you

so what action are you going to take to start towards your goal?it all starts with baby steps..one step at a time.

what do you envision the end results to be?

[quote]

Well I am taking baby steps. Right now the focus is primarily on calorie consumption. I have a handy program on my pda to help with that. Right now I've virtually eliminated regular sodas (I haven't had any since I've started but will at some point have one) And I'm staying away from fast food . I guess that is the main things I'm doing now. (Even when I'm being bad I have fat free milk, ff cheese, olive oil so that was already in place) I've been trying to eat more fruit.

I do want to increase the water I drink and virtually eliminate the diet soda. I want to rely less on lean cuisine type dinners and more on natural foods. I want to learn to eat more veggies (I hate veggies) And I want to start exercising, cardio, weights, and yoga regularly. So I want to slowly put more emphasis on the health aspect of it.

The end results would be to acomplish all of this and maintain it...to not let my weight go up and down and no more belly pooching out...and to not to have to go on blood pressure meds like everyone in my family has had to do...and hopefully the better fitness to help with my dance as well...In 2006 I said it was the year and it started off well...up until March when I went on vacation to Cali and on that trip I took a vacation from my eating habits (although I think I got plenty of exercise walking around disneyland) when I came back I couldn't get back to it...anyway, I was just saying to someone that I don't like to lie and have never been one to lie too much...so I don't think it is acceptable that I lied to myself about last year being the year so I must do it this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Yesterday I bought like 50 maderins and no crisps or chocolate.
    Also I practiced dance again yesterday, made me feel so happy

Quote Originally Posted by Sstacy
    want to learn to eat more veggies (I hate veggies)
    Really all veggies? Personally I really don't like cooked chicory and andive, especially not when it's cooked for too long. Also peas, sprouts, cooked carrots and cooked spinache are not my favorite. But chicory, carrots and spinache taste great raw as a salad. You can add some fruit you like for more sweet taste. Or you can eat a nice sauce with your cooked veggies to make the taste better. Like vegetable java of conimex, I absolutely love it!

Post Thanks / Like

well today I started the day with 15 minutes of dance.I chose 3 cards.the taxeem,hip circles and back bends.
    I felt a little stiff this morning and was leased to feel every muscle working in my belly especially as I moved.

goals of today
    * 3 dance moves
    * 3 moves from callanetics
    * 3 moves of yoga

I have a busy day.shopping,sculpting,housework,etc,so little chunks here and there will be best for today.

hi girls,stacey I love your focus,you are going to do great at this.I eat alott more veggies and salads now,and feel amazing because of it,i have so much more energy.
    moon,well done on making a choice for healthier foods,chocolate is a challenge to quit.after 5 days I no longer have cravings...yey!!and you know,I taste my food so much better,I can now taste the sweetness in apples...mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Health & Nutrition

that link tells you lots of inspiring info about apples.

today i am feeling like eating some bananas,going shopping shortly.
    the lemon tea and honey in a morning,i now look forward to it,no longer tastes strange.
    I got myself a well fitted bra yesterday,feels amazing and it was so nice to be fussed over.I lost weight all over ,but am up a bra cup size

did 15 minutes of dance this morning,so callan this afternoon and yoga tonight.

love to all

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the link! I should eat more apples again (A few years ago I used to eat 2-3 apples every day.) For a period I ate apples instead of candy, chocolate etc. and I lost quite a lot of weight. I don't want to lose weight as I am slightly underweighted, so I started buying chocolate again...
    Oh well, I feel better when I eat enough fruits, vegetables and fibres and drink water, but apparently my body needs some unhealthy stuff to not become underweighted . Last time I bought plain chocolate, which is the healthiest chocolate, and if I continue to eat fruits it's not too bad I hope?

Post Thanks / Like

I hate most veggies...I like carrots okay, lettuce is okay. I can eat spinach in a salad. I could eat it cooked in small amounts when it is cooked in something else...like spinach alfredo pizza....but I guess that isn't on the menu...I'll eat green beans though I don't really like them too much. I'll eat butter peas but I'm not crazy about them...I can tolerate celery. The only veggie I REALLY like that I can think of is corn and I don't think that is the top pick for veggies healthwise. Ooh the cabbage that was in the pyrogie (sp?) in Poland was very good...and I don't normally like cabbage.

Things have still been going well but I'll have to be prepared for them to get hard...

I think as long as it isn't too much chocolate there is no problem especially since you're getting dark chocolate!

Post Thanks / Like

hiya girls ,how you doing?
    you both are doing great.I had a little dark chocolate today ...mmmm

its funny you know how your taste changes when you start eating healthy again.
    stacy,just go with what you like and find different ways of enjoying it.simple realy is effective.tonight I made new potatoes,boiled them,then put them in the oven with a drop of olive oil on top,some cheese,spring onion,spinach.I served that with a little cabbage-the whole family enjoyed it,including the 2 little ones,they are 2 and 5 years old,it made me soooooo happy!!

well,I must go and do some ypga and calming dance before bed.doing hip circles,figure 8's and pivot bumps tonight,I made some dance move cards up and they are the three chosen for tonight

will be thinking of you,sending you love and light.

you both are inspiration to me,keep up the great work..drink more and more water ,

love always

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Mmmmmm those potatos sound delicious. I'm going to have to make those soon. I'd like to start incorporating one or two vegetarian meals a week but it'll have to when hubby's not here since he won't be too into it. Are spring onions green onion/scallions? Was the spinach cooked first?

It is true that your tastes will change. Tonight we're having fresh strawberries for dessert instead of ice cream or cookies.

Post Thanks / Like

I used to eat vegetarion food quite often when I lived with my parents, as my mom and sisters are vegetarians, but my dad and I are not. Problem is, I don't like most vegetarian "meat substitutes". The ones I like were often taken away from the shop's assortment. And I don't like cheese at all
    And besides that I really really like spicey chicken! I would like to eat organic meat but it's so expensive. Especially when I cook for corridor mates I'll have to buy cheaper stuff otherwise they will no longer sign up for dinner when I'm cooking

Good to hear you are all happy and doing well!

Babylonia: spring onions: