Page 26 of 79 FirstFirst ... 16202122232425262728293031323676 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I eat too much fruit. I can go through a bag of apples a day, then satsuma's and oranges. On top of that I make strawberry and kiwii smoothies. Then I have strawberries and grapes in apple juice for like a little dessert. I'm obssessed with fruit. Dentist hates me for it though.

Post Thanks / Like

Fruit is healthy, if one eat way to mutch of it one can get a bit to mutch fruit sugar, but for the most part fruit is healthy and it is alot better than most other snaks and candy one can eat.

Post Thanks / Like

too much fruit is way better than if you'd be reaching for the junk food instead!!!! berries esp. are way good for you!
    oh yeah .... forgot to mention in my novel about eating 10 servings of veggies a day.... I do plies (or just hold one) & other exercises/dance steps whilst chopping all those veggies..... GREAT for isolations!! WARNING for beginners no knives at first!!! (start while washing dishes (no glass at first !) or folding laundry, til you're quite isolated!!)
    I just had a yummy baked potato w/ tons of sauce (1/2 hummus & 1/2 yogurt) & homemade sprouts YUMMMMMMMMM! (while reading abt shimmy's potato jackets.... same thing? no?
    I am glad babs is looking into fast food nation!
    hope y'all don't mind the nicknames have a bad habit of that!

Post Thanks / Like

It is not realy a matter of how mutch you ear but what you eat. You can eat alot of fruit, vegtables, good meat, egg, chiken and so on if one drop alot of fatteing sauses, sugar, potatochips and so on. I have a problem I overeat, and I overeat on the unhealthy stuff like candy and junk food and as a result I am dangeorusly fat and have to loose weight But if I had overeaten of healty but good stuff instead I might have been a littlebit chobby but not fat. Some things one can eat and eat of and it is still healthy.

Post Thanks / Like

Once, one of my mom's collegues had to go to the hospital because she got ill because she ate 12 oranges each day. I think you can eat too much fruit if you eat too much of the same kind.
    Also if you eat too much carrots you'll become orange!

Venefica, I'm sure you will be able to successfully change your eating habit Just buy a lot of sweet fruits you really like (although I know there's always less choice in Northern countries in winter )

Post Thanks / Like

I am lucky I live in one of Norway`s biggest cities Bergen, so we have some choice, it just costs, witch is not always good, but appels, organges, pears, bananas, and so on normal fruits are relativly easy to get, and even whit the price, fruit is still cheaper than candy. I mean half a pataya cost aboute 13 Norweegian kr witch is aboute one and a half dollar, witch is a little cheaper than a chocolate the same weight. I just have horrible habits. I come from a home where comfort meant candy, cosy home evenings meant cady, basicaly everything meant candy, and that is a bit hard to get rid of. But wish me good luck. My goal is to go down 60 kilos witch is aboute 120 pounds.

Yes if you eat etreme amounts of one type of fruit you can get posiond, as you get to many of some type of vitamins. Carrots for esample is a vegtable that is healthy, but if you eat to mutch it is not healthy anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

Default main web site

For those that are wanting more information on callanetics here is the link to the main web site. It lists all the videos plus book and home to learn to become a teacher of this method.

Callanetics - Callan Pinckney's non impact exercise books & videos, Chicago class schedule Hope it helps those that want more info.

Post Thanks / Like

Ah, jacket potato, sounds like a baked potato. for me..although I'm bad to want to not eat the skin even though I know it has the nutrients...I bought myself some brocoli...I need to come up with a healty way to convince myself to eat it though.

V.I.P.
    Post Thanks / Like

I tell you what I LOVE to eat, lol.

Tomato pasta
    potatoes
    and curry

Not all at once, but I like to experiment with stuff and things either turn out really bad or really good.

I try and make something new once every two weeks.

Thanks for the Callanetics link!

Post Thanks / Like

Here is a favofite of mine. Healthy, perhaps not, but good anyway.

Colobia Potato.

Make alot of mosh potato, use a little cream so it get nice and creamy, perhasps add some spices. Take a form you might use for lasagne or cake and fill one layer of mosh potato. Then one layer of fried minced meat, then a layer of mosh potato and so on unthil the form is full. The boil two eggs, dice them and decorate the top whit. Put in the owen and fry unthil the mosh potato is golden. Yummy!