Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Venefica

Well a visit to my mom might have to wait for a while as there is still alot of snow on the railroad, ad well as a train that drove into said lump of snow. And we are talking house sice snow lump here, lucky noen was ingured. The winter in Norway get cold and snowy somtimes. And to get to my moms I need to cross one of the highest montains in Norway and the train somtimes have to stop during windertime becouse of snow, and danger that snow will fall from the montain and take the train whit it. I can use plane, but it get so expensive, I rather wait.

Here is an picture of the train tracks from a Norweegian e-newspaper.

Last edited:

sstacy123

no, that doesn't look like good traveling conditions!

I'm a bit sore today...we had a new teacher yesterday and she told us if weren't sore she wasn't doing her job....well she apparently did it!

miss_shimmy

oh my gosh venefica,thats alott os snow,you have to cross a mountain to your mums?wow!
thankx for sharing the pikky,i hope it eases up soon for you .

hope your soreness wears off soon stacey.

well here we are at the start of a fresh new week.
I had time off excercise and dance over the weekend,my routines are quite intense and its important for your body to have time out.only 2 weeks to go to the joy...yey!!:)

i was very naughty with my eating for a couple of days,i notice,if i don't make up a meal plan-it doesnt go right,so i have made a folder for my meal plans,i make up 3 days of meal plans at a time.

I am very commited to my goal,I have to reach it and I am willingh to do what ever it takes to get there.

I am commited to making the most of my life.

love to all,very best wishes for a beautiful day-venefica,stay warm won't you.
love to the ratties

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

Oh my god Venefica! :shok: Can you believe only a small fraction of that amount of snow is needed to turn the Dutch public transport into chaos? :lol:
I hope you can visit your mom soon.

Wow Stacy, that must have been a very intensive dance lesson!

miss Shimmy, how's your callenatics course going? I'm sure you'll be a great teacher!
I guess people will feel very sore at first when they try out the video you're going to make :lol:

I didn't have dance lesson last week because of Carnaval :protest: Well, me and some other students asked if we could still use the room, and it was allowed so we just danced for fun. And I wore my bellydance clothes at a Carnaval drink at the university (I didn't have anything else to dress up in) So you can imagine some people wanted me to show something :redface: Well I didn't really dance, just showed a belly roll and a shimmy and started talking about something else ;)
I'm a bit frustrated because at the end of next month we have a student performance, but we lost a lot of practice time due to the weather :( Now I don't know the choreography well enough to practice at home!

(P.S.: Am I using too much smileys?)

Venefica

Norway is used to it, so they are cleaning up the tracks currently and it should not be so many days unthil they are cleared. Yes I am looking forward to seeing my mother as soon as possbile, as well as getting some of her homecooked food.

A little soreness after a workeout is good, it indikate one have worked hard and gotten results, but not so mutch soreness that it realy hurt, that is not good. I wish you the best.

sstacy123

Yeah, just the mention of snow here will throw everybody into a panic and they run to the store for milk, bread, and batteries...

I don't know if it was that great of a workout or we're just all out of shape! We started with veils so arms are sore and someone brought up a question about the chest lifts and we started practicing those, and those muscles are sore (we've done chest lifts before but I guess it was more intense?)

Moon I'm glad you did get a chance to dance around anyway even if you didn't get to have class...Even though we have no performance planned our teacher recorded herself dancing the choreography we learned and burned it to DVD and sold them for $3USD. If she had not done that I probably never would have learned it myself...although I still need to do a lot of polishing. I showed my mother and grandmother the other night and messed up several times.:(

Miss Shimmy I'm jealous of your JOY...I want something exciting like that in the works...But I'm excited for you!

Venefica

Sound like a grate workout to me. :) You should be proud of yourself.

Yes there are some things that will make Norweegian fly to the stores to pick up food to. My mom always shake her head over it, never have I experienced that it have gone more than a day or two where food could not be obtained, having some canned food for a day or two might be wise, and an extra pack of batteries is always a good idea, but more than that is completly unessesary in our modern sosiety. Ofcourse the stores earn well on hysteria.

My mama told me of one time where some store workers threathend whit a strike, those never last for more than a few days but pepole went insane, she tells me she did witness two old ladies figting oer a bread in the store, as it were we had to use gas stations to fresh up on milk and such things for a few days, but other than that there was no problem the few days the strike lasted. Pepole are easy to make hysteric.

Babylonia

With the hurricanes we've had here I'm prepared for power outages. I have a generator, bottled water, flashlights, a propane stove etc. I hate to be in "survival mode" but when you've been without electricity for weeks on end you never want to be without again.

Venefica

I can certinly understand that, but in Norway, unless you live on the montein or our on Svalbard so dont get so extreme weather.

miss_shimmy

hello beautiful dancers.
you know the british often complain about the weather,its too cold,too hot,too cloudy blah blah..i get realy peeved when they complain and proceed to bring up parts of the world that have a right to sound out bad weather...''sigh''.

i guess people in norway get quite frightened just in case the snow is extra bad,maybe they like babylonia have gone without before and dont wanna experiance it again,who knows.
my boys would love jumping in all that snow for sure.

lovely to see you moon,thankx for stopping by :)

you can never have too many smileys :) ;) :D
the callanetics is going great,thankx for asking,I am revising for a writen test,that will be first though I am not sure when,but best to be prepared.when i have been to joy,i will give the video full focus,well callanetics like bellydance awakens muscles you never knew secretly slept..LOL

oh that carnival sounds like fun !!

hello there stacey,lovely that you also stopped by,we love hearing how you are doing:)
i wish you could come along to joy,I couldnt go last year as i was no where near ready,that plus we thought we were moving,it was my other half that was insistant that i go this time,bless him :)

its funny what you say about the chest lifts,as i find them quite natural to do,but i had one week where my muscles ached,i think the more you repeat it,the deeper it works,a bit like the callanetics,are ya with me?so..its a good sign long as its not pain you are feeling.

my bellydance book came today,wow it has everything in it!!well,the part that will help me the most at the moment,it has a good section on costume making,its realy helped me feel more confident and given me some ideas.
my first project is a performance costume,something simple but beautiful.
it says that veils are beautiful made from silk,so i may make a few yards of that silk in to a veil,some harem pants...for a skirt over the top...i might make it outta silk ties,all gathered on a belt,can you vision what i mean?
and the top it has to be black....

the material i have its got a slight purple shimmer with henna pattern on it..its amazing..

i wonder,should i make the costume,a practise version with other material?
not entirely sure...
what would you do?

the top i want to make from black velvet,gathered at the front,my chest is quite large you see,v neck/gathering will it compliment it i wonder?

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

Well I knew going in my arms were weak...haven't done too much with them so far in my dance career until yesterday...I'm suprised my legs weren't sore either as she had us doing exercises for our balance and my legs were shaking!

Well I'm really proud of myself today, brekkie wasn't the greatest but I finally got myself to eat a veggie...lol...also have some fruit here.

Miss Shimmy, you mean not ready as far as your dancing? If that is the case I probably wouldn't be ready myself but I love to dream! I probably try to go a little too fast but I'm having so much fun with dance and that energy just gets the best of me! I think that is why I'm buying TOO much stuff. I haven't stopped shopping yet and I'm making myself nervous.

With the chest lifts the students all started feeling the instructors back and feeling how she was tightening it when she raised (wel I didn't I just watched them doing it)...I don't know if I was doing that before-maybe not since I'm sore but I started trying to do it like that. The instructor was walking around and watching everybody, she told me close, so I dunno what I'm not doing right???

The most I *remember* being without power was I think five days with hurrican Katrina...and two or three with a tornado we had nearby and two or three with snow/ice or just rain will make it go out sometimes....we have a generator now, but it hasn't gone out since we got it.

Venefica

I am glad you liked the book you orderd. What was the name of the book again? And is it somthing you would recomend?

Weee. I am an aunt. My sister in law gave birth to a beautiful, and healthy baby boy tonight. He is so cute, my mother in law just sendt a picture by the phone, he is so adorable one just want to eat him right up. :dance:

Babylonia

Congratulations! :clap: I bet he's a cutie. Babies are so sweet!

I do believe that v necks are quite flattering. If you're worried about messing up your fabric then i would recommend a test pair of pants out of very cheap fabric (even and old sheet will do). I'm going to go look at my sewing books to tell you what it says about sewing silks.

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

good morning beautiful dancers:)

venefica...what fantastic news that is!!I am so happy for you,are you going to share a picture of this little one with us?

thankx babylonia for the guidance,i thibk a choli will be best as a top,i could take the pattern from one i have,i am hoping to make a very light and breezy costume,natural,beautiful materials...

i am hemming the veil first,do i use normal cotton i wonder?

last night i did callanetics,then for dance i did the most simple routine,with jaqueline chapman,her vid was the very first i tried a year ago:)
it was great.i enjoyed the ''breezes''coreography.
she wears some stunning costumes.

so its a shorter callanetics session today,and then theres studyig to do for my test,i have to write an essay too,explaining what callanetics is,how it works...etc.:)
i don't know what dance i will do today,hmmm i may do some egyptian.
i can't wait to to joy,to be with real teachers rather than a dvd,to dance with other dancers,all sharing a dancing dream,to see performances live,not just on dvd...wow!!!:) :D :cool:

hows your dancing going?

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

A choli sounds like an excellent choice. Will you make it out of the same material as the harem pants?

My book says that you can use cotton thread on silk. :)

Please send happy thoughts my way as my Pomeranian, Nicky, is having surgery today. He has kidney stones, he's so little and doesn't even weigh 5lbs.

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

aw little tiny nicky,i bet he is tronger than he looks,bless him.good luck nicky,hope you feel better little one.

the choli,hmmm,i would like to make it in a stretch black material,i thought velvet at first but then i thought heat,would get way too hot.
thats great i can use cotton...kiss your book from me babylonia,its so very helpful!!

I am hemming my veil tonight:)

all is well,very tired as i have started getting up earlier again,but i know once i get used to it ,it is very rewarding,me and finn had a great time at the library,he got a dream journal,he wants to write and draw all his dreams in there,i have one too,so we both sat and took time out from the world.

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Venefica

Thanks. :) Yes he is very cute. I will post a picture if his mother let me. By Norweegian law one can not post pictures of children on the internett whitout the ecsact consent of one of their parents, or gardians.

Status
Not open for further replies.