Page 27 of 79 FirstFirst ... 17212223242526272829303132333777 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

Callanetics is a series of small, gentle, precise motions consistently applied that activate the body's largest most powerful muscles to quickly tighten hips, buttocks, inner and outer thighs; flatten the tummy; lift the bust and firm underarms and tone the entire body. It will also dramatically improve your posture. You will feel the difference after one hour and most people actually see a difference after two hours. By following the simple 60 minute Callanetics workout twice a week, the body you always dreamed about is only hours away.

gosh i missed you all,felt liek i was away for so long!
    some yummy food listed here...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

keeping food simple,having fruit rather than chocolate and still drinking loads of water.
    my routine,i am much more focused on that,i now have a set daily routine,makes me feel nice and grounded/focused

Post Thanks / Like

And how is this metod for somone that is overweight and not wery trained to start whit?

Post Thanks / Like

well its what i started when i was overweight and untrained.
    thing with callanetics,is its gentle,and its something you ease into.
    callan teaches you to listen to your body.

for me callanetics gave me strength so i could start dancing.I was very over weight.a uk size 22,and i am a mere 5ft small.
    I am now a size 12,alott fitter,stronger and longer.
    I am in my first year of dance,about 8 mnths in.

I now do supercallanetics,along with my other activities.if many of you would have seen me 2 years ago,i was certainly nowhere close to the person I am today.

so yes,I realy think it can help you if you are willing to give it a shot.
    I asked my sister to try just ten hours...which is one or two sessions each week.I said if she hated it after ten hours she can punish me...LOL...she is still losing weight,toning and dancing

Post Thanks / Like

I have a doctors order, I need to loose weight now or become sick. I weigh 128 kg witch is aboute 256 pounds. I am 170 cm tall. I am doing bellydancing, and smal walks as well as changing my diet, but I am interested in trying more things to. Especialy things that thighten the skin so I dont ahve to operate away loose skin when I get thin.

Post Thanks / Like

well thats great motivation.
    the callan has been good for me as its even pulling in my loose kangaroo skin from having the babies.its a gradual thing ofg course,took just a year to lose my main lot of weight..
    i still have a little to go,but nothing like it was...i think the best to do,whichever way you choose is to start slowly and build up,dont be too hard on yourself..i think its great that you have found dance,and here,this family here is amazing,they are so rich with support,help and advice...

Post Thanks / Like

Yes bellydance realy make the calories fly, and it is easy on my joints. I might also give that training program of yours a go, it sounds interesting. i will see if I get hold of it in Norway if not I might order a video or a book the next time I order somthing from USA. Norway is not the biggest on having alot avilable. Thanks for the encuraging words, it is wery nice of you.

I am also thinking aboute starting up a weight loss diary. I can write up what I eat and how mutch I train, what is dificult and how mutch weight I loose. It might be og help to see acomplishments.

Post Thanks / Like

venefica- yes a weight loss joiurnal is an excellent idea.... I always lose weight when I FAITHFULLY record all that I eat (maybe it makes you more aware of all that you eat without really noticing???? or maybe I decide NOT to eat something, cause I am too lazy to write it down???? ) .... plus it is interesting to notice what/when/why you eat, & after abt 2 weeks you can start noticing patterns, & then make a "plan" to change them!

Post Thanks / Like

Yes and it is then more easy to remember to east smal meals often to, I often forget breakfast and lunch and eat a huge dinner and that is not good for the weight.

Post Thanks / Like

good morning all

ooh yes,skipping meals is not good at all.
    i feel at my best when i eat litttle and often.

Thanks for the encuraging words, it is wery nice of you.
    I am exited for you,your life is about to take a huge change and you are sharing it with us...awesome!

well i managed to get to bed earlier,so i was awake earlier today...yipeeeeee!
    starting the day with a nice peppermint tea.

love to all

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you.

As for going to bed early and getting up early, not likely to happen. I sit up all night and sleep half the day, or have a tendency to and that go well since I have studies that I do on my own time.