Page 29 of 79 FirstFirst ... 192324252627282930313233343539 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

ooh i love babies

stacy,let us know how that goes,sounds realy interesting.

I did my rachel session,looking forward to ballet later

I noticed today my posture realy is strengthening well.

sara,i got a copy of pump it up,ministry of sound,looks very hi impact,great to give myself a butt kicking!!!!

baked potatoes and cheese tonight,or jacket potatoes as they are called in these strange parts

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

If there is a secret ingredient then I've heard it is sugar.

I have the book"Fast Food Nation" on hold at the library. Just about every copy was checked out! Also I believe it's not only about how bad fast food is for your body but its impact on the environment. I'll know more when I read it and I'll let you know. I forgot there was a movie as well. Let me know how it is.

Post Thanks / Like

i must admit,i havnt had fast food for a while now,being vegetarian,kinda limits you anyway..but i have had my moments in times gone by..
    i will ask about the book when at library next,bet it would make a good read..

hi babylonia,lovely to ''see''you

Post Thanks / Like

same here

Post Thanks / Like

so Fast Food Nation is more of a serious book... similar in scope to Upton Sinclair's "the Jungle"... we all pretty much know of the non food ingredients that make up that S@(&*#)!... "Super Size Me" covers that aspect...
    this is more about how fast food has seriously altered the American (& trickled down, the world!) way of life (& not in a good way... & not just nutritionally), it's about the HUGE potato factories & what that has done to agriculture (mono culture, genetic engineering, etc....), it's about how & where they get their beef, & what this is doing to the world, it's about the enslavement (basically) of the chicken farmers (not to mention what happens to the chickens!), it's about the exploitation of the immigrants & the poor... it's about the implications of all of the above on the future of the planet...... it's sort of depressing...
    but
    we are making a stand against all of this every time we choose NOT to eat at one of these places.... even the "healthy" choices are putting $ in their (already full!!) pockets....
    I doubt the movie will be 1/2 way as informative as the book... how much info can be packed into 2 hours...., plus it is a pretty politically charged book... I am sure the movie will be way "watered down"....
    remember...
    what passes our lips, not only affects the bodies we live in, but also the earth we live on..... if you look around... the majority of humans, (not to mention other species!) aren't looking so healthy.... I think that clearly reflects the state of the earth.... & fast food is helping to kill us all, ("fast"!)...
    there is a great movement.... called "slow food"... a couple of Italians started it as a joke, in response to the opening of the 1st Mc Donald's in Rome (in the 80's I think???)...... but the idea spread, & there are chapters in lots of countries now!! look it up!!!
    off my soap box now.... hope all is well with everyone & everyone is able to make choices that work for them!!
    peace

Post Thanks / Like

Well I will not say Burger King and Pizza Hut are the bad guys, they dont force pepole to eat, it is not their fualt I am overweight, just as it is not Smith and Westons fualt when somone get shot when their weapons. Though the sugar industry have alot of power and have influenced alot of information campains and other such things so that peole eat more sugar. Ultimatly it is us as consumers that must become informed and eat acordingly to what we know are healthy.

Post Thanks / Like

HOW right you are Venefica!!!
    when we are more informed we can make better decisions!!!

Post Thanks / Like

That is true, though we still ahve to fight our ures to eat all that yummy but no no food and that can be hard.

Post Thanks / Like

well did lots yesterday and i feel my body asking for a break,so today some gentle yoga only.
    i got my yoga cards and my bollywood dvd came........woooooohoooooooooooooooooooo!!!!i am so grateful of the resources there are to help me achieve my dream.
    thankyou God.

i decided to get less stressed about eating habits,just to make sure i eat healthy,lightly and often..
    i still feel a little chubby on my belly,but i bet i am not as chubby as i think i am.yesterday i felt the muscles on my sides realy feeling strong.

today...

* yoga
    * 3 moves of callanetics.

wierd,i find it too hard to have a day doing no excercise at all.i have to do something!!!

how you doing today girls?

Post Thanks / Like

It is a bit slow for me to day. I have that time of the month and I realy, realy, realy want chocolathe, or ice cream.