Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon

Good to hear that miss Shimmy! :dance:

I feel good myself too. The weather is so nice, I could sit outside in a T-shirt yesterday! Lol!
Had dance lesson yesterday and we had to dance on a 10 minutes song with our eyes closed! You won't believe it but it was wonderful, I coul recommend it to all of you to try it some time :)

miss_shimmy

ah moon,its so good to hear from you and to hear you are feeling so very well.
to walk home with ava and to sit and have breakfast with,wow,my heart skipped so many beats.

i met some beautiful,colorful,amazing people.I will cherish the experiance forever.

this morning I did basics with carolena FCBD.
I know for sure when I returned that tribal is where my heart lays.I was so taken by it.

I was so exited as at the disco I did a full back bend,it was like...woh where did that come from!!
I met sara ,oh she is so lovely,and so very cute and beautiful.she was being all shy,and her accent is lovely.

I didnt manage to get a picture with her:( but did get to hug her and chat,her mum and dad are lovely,her mum looks so young and beautiful.

the performances ,ava flemmings had to be my fave as she interacted with the audience alott,she looked amazing,absalutely stunninng..
all the dancers were astounding,so many different styles.

workshop with ava and shafleek were my real favourites.

it was awesome,realy amazing

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

Hello Stacy,thankx for the warm welcome,its good to be back,I tell you an early night for me tonight as I am still in recovery...LOL.

I have just been watching ''cues and transitions'',fat chance bellydance,its taking my breath away!!absalutely amazing.

very clever how they all improvise,yet stay in syncrony:cool:

its challenging to learn,i am religiously dancing all i can and watching dance when resting,i so badly want to get better and better..........

Moon

Hi miss Shimmy, I heard tribal dancers have some kind of "traffic rules", which every member of the troup knows. When the current "leader" gives a signal for a certain move, the whole troup will do that move, synchronised.

miss_shimmy

you got it moon,I like it pout that way,so yes thats what i am learning at the moment,I watched the dvd for the second time,a bit more made sense,a few of the tribal dancers were telling me all about it,i think its awesome!!!

sstacy123

its challenging to learn,i am religiously dancing all i can and watching dance when resting,i so badly want to get better and better..........

I feel that way too! I've bought so many DVDs I REALLY have to stop. (I've even missed my favorite program on TV two weeks in a row because I was watching one of them) The good thing about not being with my boyfriend though is I certainly have a lot more time to practice and I'm taking advantage of it!

miss_shimmy

hey there stacy,I can totally relate to you,I gave up tv at new year,now all i wanna do is my family and dance dance and more dance,when i watch films,they have to have dance going on!!its amazing!!!

what dvd's did you get?I am obsessed with RBee's and carolena,fat chance bellydance.
I am saving up to get Ava flemmings dvd at some point in the future:)
i have east coast tribal dvd on its way,I am armed and ready to dance!!
just getting set for my session with rachel.

anyone else dancing today?
love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

Some of the DVDs I've got I'm not necessarily trying to do all the stuff I just like to watch! Can't remember exact titles on all of them...

I've got
Instructional Bellydance with Jillina level 1
Ansuya Lavish Layers
Rachel Brice Tribal Fusion...
Mesmera's Zills
The Heartbeat of Bellydance (Drum Solo)
21 shimmies 1001 variations
one of the bellytwins mystic dance? with the veil
Smooth as Silk w Katia
Aziza Veil
Delilah Workshop I, II, and III (I had to see her flip the coin w her stomach)
Spins and Turns w Marguerite
I've orderded Suhalia Fitness Fusion Buns
I've ordered Jillina Level II (didn't necessarily love the first one but the price is reasonable)

I've been trying to decide what to order next, one reason why I started a thread to see what everyone is wanting (we'll see if I get any responses) but I was kind of thinking about Ava Flemmings Sizzlin' Hips...I'm trying to make myself wait until at least next payday but it's HARD!

sstacy123

oh yeah and Rockin' the Casbah is my only performance DVD...

well I've worked a little with the 21 shimmies just doing the hip shimmy and egyptian shimmy...

doing the aziza veil some since we're working on veil in class... (I just got the Smooth as Silk yesterday)

Had planned on using the spins and turns today but my head is hurting a bit and I don't think spinning would help...:confused:

Did some of Jillina and Ansuya a week or so ago, the basic stuff, don't want to neglect it.

Not really doing full video on any of them, just the parts I want to practice.

miss_shimmy

hiya stacy,thats fantastic((hugs))you are doing realy realy well.

my waist is down to 33 inches today ..YEY!!!!:D

got 6 more hours of callanetics to do this month,its a challenge i set myself,ten hours in march,on 6 hours to go :)

did some drills this morning,and am training with Rachel Brice dvd later on,the full 40 minute session,realy looking for ward to that.:)

havnt heard from Venefica for a while,not sure how long she was staying at her mums,I hope you are alright V.

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

my waist is down to 33 inches today ..YEY!!!!:D

havnt heard from Venefica for a while,not sure how long she was staying at her mums,I hope you are alright V.

You're doing so well Miss Shimmy, you've really been inspiring. I'm pretty happy with my dance practice lately but it is still never enough! My eating and exercise aside from dance has not been good. All the bad emotions I was having caused me to use food as comfort and a lot of it too. I still have sad moments but overall I'm feeling better than I was but once I start eating bad I find it SOOO hard to get back on track. I'm on spring break this week. With the extra time this would have been the perfect week to start the gym back...whoa...I just realized it was last March when I last went to the gym on a regular basis...:naghty: I had actually planned to go Monday but my mother gave me a good (bad) excuse not to. The rest of the week I didn't even try. My weight (and body fat) is back up to the number I do like to go over. But I will get myself together...don't know what day it will be, but I will.

Yes when you were gone and Venefica gone this thread got real quiet! And all the forum is still pretty quiet without V.

miss_shimmy

hi there stacy,

you know I think you are doing so very well.
I know what you mean about dancing,never doin g enough,its all i want to do,and I am doing it 5 days a week,2 days off to do my work,I work from home you see ,so I can set my schedule.
this morning I did some dance drills, later on I will do rach's dvd,I am spring cleaning the house ,I want to be more organised and fit even more dance into my day;)

when I am cleaning I watch my belly dance shows,so very inspiring.

sorry to hear about your eating going a bit off,you will get there stacy,the only thing I have found that works is the food combining.
I ate loads for lunch,but it was all good food,made up mostly of salad and veggies...mmmmmmmmmm.

I am just looking up something a little different to have tonight..

what you need to do stacy is find something that works for you and once you find it,stay right with it:)

I know what you mean,theres a big emptyness where V should be,I pray she is alright.
''we love you V,hope you are back soon ''.

so whats on your dance agenda today?

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

Stacy said:
And all the forum is still pretty quiet without V.

...and miss Shimmy
theres a big emptyness where V should be

Oh yes! She's a very active poster, but I guess she's still at her mom's. I hope she's doing well. (As far as I could see from the weather news, the weather in Norway isn't extremely bad).

I bought a simple red scarf with little beads yesterday. Dance lesson in a few hours time :dance:

miss_shimmy

ah thankx for the reassurance moon.
ooh simple red scarf...how sweet!!how are the dance lessons going moon?did you keep going to the yoga every wednesday?

I decided to work with carolena tonight and rachel tomorrow:)

sstacy123

what you need to do stacy is find something that works for you and once you find it,stay right with it:)

so whats on your dance agenda today?

xxxxxxxxxxx

Yeah that's been the major problem...I've been trying to figure it out at least since high school and while I have been able to lose weight ( & gain muscle) I always get sucked back into my bad habbits again and gain it back.:( But I don't feel it is all been for nothing because I stongly feel if I didn't even try who knows what kind of shape I'd be in now? Instead of gaining back weight I'd just be adding additional pounds.

For dance today more of the same, trying to stay on count with the music for the veil routine we're learning, I really don't know where I'm getting so off...a much needed class is tomorrow!:D What about you?

miss_shimmy

Yeah that's been the major problem...I've been trying to figure it out at least since high school and while I have been able to lose weight ( & gain muscle) I always get sucked back into my bad habbits again and gain it back. But I don't feel it is all been for nothing because I stongly feel if I didn't even try who knows what kind of shape I'd be in now? Instead of gaining back weight I'd just be adding additional pounds.

I know what you mean there.but you will get there,just give yourself time,if you mess up,dont worry,just carry on where you left off.
today I had a cookie and a slice of carrot cake,but thats ok as when its dinner i will make something even extra healthy.
I just came back from shopping got lots of different salad to try..mmmm

For dance today more of the same, trying to stay on count with the music for the veil routine we're learning, I really don't know where I'm getting so off...a much needed class is tomorrow! What about you?

well I did callanetics this morning,did some hip drills at the bus stop.
not sure whether to wrok with carolena or rachel this evening,but my thought today is that I wiull do an instructional and then finish with improv.this is last dance day,I have the weekend off you see.
I am enjoying the posture that carolena teaches,in fact today my belly was able to do a couple of belly rolls,i dont know how they looked as i was out shopping,but they realy felt great!!
so I am wondering abuot fully getting this one dvd before starting on another.
I watched belly dance superstars this morning,I never get borred of watching dancers.

how was your class moon?

hugs

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

Great job getting back on track after eating the carrot cake (yummy), Miss Shimmy! Belly rols too! I so admire your dedication and all the progress you've made. :clap:

I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.