Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

more on callanetics

One word describes Callanetics: unique. By isolating muscle groups and using tiny, precise, yet powerful movements, Callanetics exercises tighten and reshape your body while increasing strength and flexibility. It is often said that one hour of Callanetics exercises has the tightening and lifting value of 20 hours of aerobics, and, because Callanetics exercises involve deep muscle work, you don't experience the bouncing and jarring found in high-impact activities, such as aerobics or jogging. Men and women of all ages and fitness levels can exercise safely and injury-free.

Benefits of Callanetics include:

- tightening hips, buttocks, inner & outer thighs
- flattening the tummy
- lifting the bust
- firming underarms
- toning the entire body
- improve overall posture!!

miss_shimmy

:)

HI all,hope you are well today.:)

Bellydancing greetings to you.
well,before I sneak off to do callanetics,just wanted to check in.I appreciate being able to share this journey,it helps me stay motivated,I know I thanked you already but anyway thanks again.

I am dancing again,yey!!I worked an hour yesterday afternoon,then had another session before going to bed last night,my last session was with a veil,I loved the way it felt though I wasnt so good at it!!
and the turns left me feeling very sick,not so dizzy just very sick,but I know that time and practise will resolve that,realy makes me give even more respect than ever to those dancers that spin forever and a day.

all i can think of is dancing,dancing and dancing,its all I want to do.each day

thankx for letting me share.

kind wishes

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

great news

well I have news,I have three weeks to train up for my first dance performance ever!!I said yes!!

yey!!

so here we go,I started dance along with callanetics yesterday,I am gonna have to rehearse morning noon and night plus fit in running the family,the charity and all those other glorious things I do in a day.I feel energised and so greatful of such an oppurtunity,it came so naturally.

so today ,I practised callanetics this morning,then this afternoon I danced ,then this evening I started to choreograph.
there were negative thoughts,but they were ignored,I will only listen to the higher voive,the lower voice has no say.

I watched something about a celeb swimming the channel for sports relief,made me see that this in comparison to that is so very easy,I learnt alott by it and was left forever inspired.
I feel strength bubbling inside.I know this will work,it will be wonderful.

hugs

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

another hour

another hour of callanetics,i am so exited.
all I could think of throughout my whole session was my dance date coming up.
I have such nerves of exitment.
I know I can do it,I know I will find a way and it will all be just perfect.

whats the worse that can happen?I know I will enjoy myself.and it will be fun.I love performing,just never performed a dance solo before.
the last time i danced in public was as a little girl...awwwwwww :)

so wish me luck,today I aim to find one song I can feel and put something special to.

hugs and smiles

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

Miss Shimmy, A friend of mine gave me a callanetics tape years ago but I only did it once or twice. Now i'm inspired to take it out again and try it. It seems like you're really seeing results. Please keep us posted on your progress (inches gone, tightening etc).

miss_shimmy

hi

the food combining boogie seems to work the best for me.

here we are on another bright and beautiful day.
last night as I went off to sleep,I had an idea of how to fit i more dance.

after I practise callanetics in a morning,I will dance to one or 2 tracks straight after..yey!!you see I need to find a way of fitting it into my daily life enough so that when it comes to performing,it comes gentle and natural,smooth,graceful.

i dance again,a full session in the afternoon with hilary thacker and then do more choreography in the evening.

when i was cleaning the house yesterday,i was practising rolling my belly,made leaning so much fun!!evven when i am sat here at the puter i am rolling those muscles

I can see myself in my mind.performing so beautifully.

callanetics- my face looks so much younger,people dont believe i am 30,my neck is so strong and long.my chin has a beautiful shape,my shoulders have amazing shape too,the ''batwings''under my arms are long gone.
my wrists are so strong but yet delicate,even my fingers are long and pretty!
my breasts are fuller,with so much more tone,and have raised so they sit on my chest so much better.
my stomache is pulling in,the skin alnost looks like new skin,so soft and smooth.sometimes after a session,i feel those stomache muscles pull in all by them selves.
back and butt ,well my back feels so strong,and long too.i remember days when it was painful,but no more.it has such beautiful muscle tone emerging too.
my hips are beginning to appear,i no longer get any pain there too.my legs feel long,strong and so flexible too!!

yesterday at my usual session,I was remembering a time when I found every move a challenge because I was so over weight and weak.but now the stronger I get the more I move with ease.

for my bellydancing,it realy does help,I have so much more control with my whole body.

thankx babylonia for stopping by,i am so happy to share my progress.
i like pilates and yoga too,though i need to get my body sculptedb and i find callanetics gives not only the fast results,but for me its a form of meditation with movement.it sets me up for the day

hugs and shimmies

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

another hour plus dance

yey!!another hour closer!!

ok so,todays session was hard work.callanetics works so deep and you can feel it.
i have a line down my torso,just starting to appear..woohooo!!!!I could stretch so much further''you can always stretch more than you think you can''says callan,and today i found that so true!!

my back feels amazing,long,supple and strong.
I could hear my lower voice trying to say ''this will never work,your wasting your time,you will always have that extra weight,it will never go....''

I thought,what would my higher voice say about this?

''you are looking amazing,your commitment will pay off,one day you will awake,look in the mirror and look and feel amazing''

i read susan jeffers ''feel the fear and do it anyway'',thats where i learnt about the higher and lower voice,it has realy helped me so much.

and the dance afterwards,I am realy gaining some smooth control over each beautiful move.its funny as i looked at my reflection,i looked at it in 2 ways,one in a negative way and one in a positive way,I assure you I saw 2 different bodies!!!!it was mind blowing!!!
i stuck with the body I liked,I kept looking at it in the 2 ways...crazy!!lol

so yes,happy and exstatic with todays progress so far.yey!!

more dance after lunch

hugs and thanks for your support.

amanda
xxxxxxxxxx
waist - 35 inches.
goal- 28 inches.​

miss_shimmy

:)

I put my first choreographed song together,I am so happy!!
it feels amazing,I am not ready to show it to anyone yet,I will rehearse it over and over first.its addictive,I start and cannot stop!!all I wanna do is dance dance dance.

but then ever since the age of maybe 4 I just wanted to dance,and now finally here I am making that dream come true!

hugs

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxx​

miss_shimmy

my journey so far...........

No bodys life is perfect,and many have had it so much worse than me,in fact when I now walk down memory lane,and watch my life through the looking glass,I understand so very much,though my heart aches for that little girl,I cry as I write this.
In my mind I go over to her and tell her,its ok,its ok.and I hold her like I hold onto my very own children.
ok,now the tears are streaming and my heart aches.
what do I learn?that the love I lacked as a child,I can give back to that child anytime I want and I can heal.
how did I get to this point?with dance.
I started dancing maybe around 6 months ago,once or twice a week.then recently I was asked if I coudl do a solo,I decided to step out of my comfort zone and say yes.
I knew that to do this I would need to dance alott.so yesterday I choreographed my first routine,I could not believe the amazing feeling that brought deep within,I have realy no words to describeit.Its a journey inwards,one which heals deep down within.
I feel myself changing into a woman who is strong,sensual,creative and at peace.
I know that once you start to dance,your life changes in ways you could never imagine.

miss_shimmy

inspiration...

the human spirit is truely unconquerable,the will to win-the will to succeed-to shape ones life-to take control,can be harnessed only when you decide what you want and believe that no challenge,no problem,no obstacle can keep you from it.
obstacles are merely a call to strengthen your resolve to achieve your worthwhile goals..Tony Robbins...

sedoniaraqs

Thanks for the explanations :)

Amanda, I think it's a good idea of Yshka that you start a blog, lol.

Umm, I think she has decided that this IS her blog. Sure beats the hassle of making and uploading webpages, paying for server space, etc.

sorta like cyber-squatting?

miss_shimmy

beautiful day:)

well when I got up today,I felt different.
my belly is on its way to being flat!!I am so very exited!
and my hips are pulling in so nicely,I am realy starting feel very comfortable with myself.

I danced before I went to bed last night.the choreography for song number is taking a bit of time,but i know it will come to me in the end.

hugs
amanda
xxxxxxxxxxx

Umm, I think she has decided that this IS her blog. Sure beats the hassle of making and uploading webpages, paying for server space, etc.

wow sweet lady,i think she needs to post on the BOB thread ..he he he

Last edited:

da Sage

wow sweet lady,i think she needs to post on the BOB thread ..he he he

Why? Because she dared to post her opinion on "your" thread?:mad:

If you're going to post your personal log in a public space:rolleyes:, you have to accept that other people have a right to express their opinions about what you post (and how you post it).

This post doesn't make her a BOB, it simply shows she's a CON (connoisseur of netiquette).

I support you in your journey of self-improvement and artistic expression, but I confess I find it odd that you're posting a log here.:confused: Then you turn around and make catty remarks to anyone else who posts in this thread.:mad:

www.xanga.com is a great place for a free personal blog, if you don't want to host it on your own site. If you continue to log your progress here, don't be surprised if people post personal opinions about it (positive and negative).

Babylonia

If the moderaters don't care I don't see what the problem is.
What is BOB?
C'mon let's just dance and be happy:) .

da Sage

Sigh

BOB = Bitches of Bellydance

There's another thread about this...it's a joke/support group for authenticity and quality mavens. In the BOB thread, "bitch" is a compliment...I don't think that's quite how Miss Shimmy meant it though.:rolleyes:

miss_shimmy

well

I post here to share a journey,to share.
I have a huge website on the internet,that I pay for each year,and on it I have a blog.

I shared here in the hope to inspire,get support,have fun.

theres no rules to say I cant have a thread such as this to help me keep focused with the help of friendson the forum here.
I am not hi jacking a thread all to myself,I am simply posting on a thread that I started.

my writing is big as it makes it easier for me to read.and I like playing and creating in anyway I can,I am not shouting,I am writing.thats all.

The moderators dont have a problem with it.so neither do I

yours kindly

Amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

lost an inch

I have lost an inch from my waist!!wooohoo!!
Its great to know I am making progress.

well,I am on song number three with the choreography,Its all beginning to come quite naturally.
my bhindi came this morning,its so pretty!I made some little bags with crochet to keep my dance jewellry in.:)

I am still unhappy with the extra goosh at my belly,but I have faith that as I carry on dancing and doing callanetics ,one day when I awake I will be amazed that it has suddenly gone!!

my callan session yesterday was great,realy worked deep and I realy enjoyed it.then I had a dance session in the afternoon.my aim usually is to dance for 2 hours a day minimum.

hugs and shimmies

Amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

today

hello,well todays session was much shorter than usual,and I didnt get this mornings session in,but thats ok,I didnt beat myself up about it.:)

I worked alott on making my stomache muscles move to the beat,this is my second day of doing this .its improving already.

when I was dancing,I was thinking of the dancers here,wondering how many of you were dancing at the same time :)

my belly is looking so healthy in color,the way this dance transforms so many aspects of my life is astounding.

I watch the bellydancing superstars,and remember that at some point they started at the beginning too :)

happy dancing to all

Amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

today

Good morning dancers,I hope you are all happy and well and having an amazing day.I will be thinking about you today when I dance.

I am going to dance lots today,I know if I dont dance enough I feel so tired and lethargic,where as dance gives me the energy I need.:)

the little ones have been sleeping much better ,that realy helps alott.one is 2 and one is 4.

I seem to get a headache at the same time every day at the moment,I hope today will be better,I always drink lots of water,I dont drink anything else.

I like the way some of you practise some of your dancing whilst you are cleaing up the house!I will be doing that today.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.