Page 31 of 79 FirstFirst ... 212526272829303132333435363741 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it is really convenient and I've been lucky not have anyone come in on me in a while. It's a nice way to break up the work day. And I hate trying to go to the gym after work, it is so crowded! And before work-ideally that is when I'd go but here lately I can hardly pull myself out of the bed just for work.

Oh and I'm different at different times. I feel like if I don't have something I started feeling deprived and it really gets in my head. And I feel like I'm much more likely to want to stick to my "diet" if I can still have the things I like. And this will work for me for a while but then there are other times that I know I can not have some foods around or I will binge...and sometimes the more I eat the more I want...so I'm not quite sure what is right for me.
    Last edited by sstacy123; 01-26-2007 at 10:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

well,I am feeling so focused,I am brimming with sheer determination.
    I have laid out my routine for tomorrow,I do not yet know what order I shall do it in,I got

* cardio ~ this is defo for the morning,the book tells me it helps dance and such later on,so I am getting that into a habit.
    * yoga
    * bellydance
    * Qi gong

I am already exited for tomorrow.
    today I was out and about so did chest lifts and abs isolations whilst on the move.
    tonight I did some yoga with my son,some callanetics,and for dance:

* hip circles
    * pelvis tilts
    * pivot bump

I look inside my mind and I see me,with a beautiful dancers body,free ,dancing just like I want to...

stacy...I am so proud of you,I will be trying broccoli with hummus,I love both,thankx for telling me about that...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

hi there belly_dancer,thankx for stopping by

thought I would share a pik of me and my cute boys

hope everyone has a safe and beautiful weekend.

love and light

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

OMG !!!!!!!!!!! they are adorable!!!!!
    & keep on movin'....
    just found out I have to perform tonite...
    feel like hell warmed over.....
    & NOT in the mood.... but MUST NOT complain....
    of course.... most pressing ??? = WHAT TO WEAR!!!!
    WAS planning on going HOME (from work) & making a nice LOW CAL, HEALTHY, but VERY delicious dinner...
    MAY still have time........ wheeeeeeeeeee
    may have to resort to BOXED soup..... you know how the "health nazi" here hates boxes & cans.... still better than the dreaded "fast food"... what I have to do is get it together & FREEZE some homemade soups for such emergencies!!!!
    & realize I am only performing 15-20 min... so not REALLY "working out" so I DO NOT have carte blanche to eat ALL that FAB CHEESE I have in the fridge!!!!! (say... how many calories does an hour of makeup/costuming use ???)
    peace

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for posting the pik Miss Shimmy! Your boys are beautiful(is it ok to say that for boys?) Love your hair.

Post Thanks / Like

What a nice picture miss Shimmy! You look so cute, all three of you

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,thankyou for enjoying the pik,the boys sure are too beautiful and too cute for their own good...LOL.

how you doing today?

belly_dancer,how was the performance?
    I was thinking about you all evening when I was dancing.

Hi there Moon,hows your dancing and such going?

Babylonia,my sweet sister in dance,how great to see you ((hugs)).Araballa is so beautiful also just like her mum.
    Iwould love to see a pik of all you girls,I love piks

well,just having a drink then off I go to do hi impact cardio workout,I am so exited about it,as I know each time I do it I am getting fitter and fitter.
    Got some nice greens in yesterday,so I am looking forward to eating well.

I was at my foster mums yesterday and she found it so hard to accept that I didnt drink tea/coffee,dont eat meat ,and I drink water without any juice or anything in it.
    I just said,well you have your ways and I have mine

so todays fitness agenda is quite a busy one,the boys are ok about me ever now and then doing what I need to do,finn often joins in,not so much with the dancing but he loves yoga,so that great to have a partner with that

love and light

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    ps thankx for the hair compliment...

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Miss Shimmy,

It's so cool you and your son are doing yoga together! Who knows maybe he'll start to like dance too, or maybe your other son. Or they could learn to play tabla so you can perform together in the future

You really never drink tea anymore? Wow I thought all English people didn't drink something else Tea can be healthy though, if you don't drink it to much (and without sugar, I find that quite hard )

Today my boyfriend took me to a bellydance store and bought zills for me I'm so happy with them! Though I'm still very very much a beginner lol, hope the neighbours won't hate me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by miss_shimmy View Post
    Hi all,thankyou for enjoying the pik,the boys sure are too beautiful and too cute for their own good...LOL.

how you doing today?

belly_dancer,how was the performance?
    I was thinking about you all evening when I was dancing.
    thanks for asking! It was fun... AND I DID have time to make the most fab & healthy spinach risotto...... YUM
    performing again tonite... & again SHOULD be figuring out what to wear!!!!
    have more options now that I have been good abt eating my veggies.... & my costumes are starting to fit better again!
    good & healthy living to all of you!!!

Post Thanks / Like

It's so cool you and your son are doing yoga together! Who knows maybe he'll start to like dance too, or maybe your other son. Or they could learn to play tabla so you can perform together in the future
    Hi there moon,I am bringing the boys in on dance ,then they always have that option,that confidence,I want them ,as they grow to learn that dance is somewhere you can go to take time out from the world.
    finn is very much into martial arts,he loves the dancing.
    jayke,the one with the buzz in his hands,he loves to dance,babies are dancing from such an early age without realy thinking about it so i just encourage it..

You really never drink tea anymore? Wow I thought all English people didn't drink something else Tea can be healthy though, if you don't drink it to much (and without sugar, I find that quite hard )
    i gave up tea/coffee when i gave up smoking,about 2 years ago..i cant believe i used to smoke

Today my boyfriend took me to a bellydance store and bought zills for me I'm so happy with them! Though I'm still very very much a beginner lol, hope the neighbours won't hate me
    ah moon,isnt that so great!!send him my thankx .you 2 are so great together

thanks for asking! It was fun... AND I DID have time to make the most fab & healthy spinach risotto...... YUM
    performing again tonite... & again SHOULD be figuring out what to wear!!!!
    have more options now that I have been good abt eating my veggies.... & my costumes are starting to fit better again!
    good & healthy living to all of you!!!

isnt that great!!how long have you been a bellydancer?
    it sure is great to be healhy,I am putting myself back on that track today..had such naughty foods over this weekend.

love to all xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yes, that is a nice picture.

Well I'm a bit frustrated this morning...after several days of the same number on the scale it went up...grrr...I'm hoping it is just one of those inevitable fluctuations but I just wish it could have fluctuated down... The weekend really wasn't the greatest in terms of eating though I still wasn't expecting to see it go up... and I haven't started today off well either but I'll get it together for the rest of the day. Although no workouts planned, I stayed up till 2:30 in the am doing my taxes and I'm quite tired.