Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

belly_dancer

sstacy... may I SLAP you now.... it was ME to claim we should practice 1 hr per day LIKE you!!! I am SURE miss S would agree it should be the SSTACY GOAL!!!! (even if YOU do not live up to it EVERY day.... it is a GOAL after all!!).. but yeah... miss S rocks.... did you check out her web site???
btw.... loved your posts in the sauna!!

sstacy123

:) Well I kinda thought it was but I hate to say something wrong...and too lazy to check...

I'm still doing pretty well most days getting my hour but Miss Shimmy is doing better than that...but I would be honored for it to remain the sstacy goal ;)

Hehe thanks...I figured I'd get in over my head or would regret it but I just couldn't resist posting.

miss_shimmy

hello beautiful dancers..i agree is defo a stacy goal.you are a major inspiration stacy,you haved been through alott lately and you are picking up so well.((hugs)).
i know i have been working extra hard,though its a gradual build up,i too started with an hour a day,and hae gradually built up.
I make the time,well by organising the days the best I can,I am at home alott,I home school the boys and work from home which i am grateful of as it leaves me free to make the day as we need.
another reason I am working extra hard is because I have a performance coming up on the 15th April.
that and I just want to dance without having to think about it,I am in my first year,I am 30 years old and I want to make up for the time I have not been dancing,if that makes any sense?
thankx for stopping by the site bellydancer.i am so glad you liked it.:)

today i need to get back on track with food combining,i had chocolates for mothers day...oh dear!!;)
so yes heres todays goals:

morning

* callanetics

afternoon

* ATS 1 hour
* egyptian style - 1 hour

evening

* rehearsal for 15th.

thankyou so much fopr your support.
what style are you working on stacy?thankyou for the stacy goal:)

love and smiles

MS
xxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

A performance? Dancing or singing? That's great!

Maybe it's a too private question, sorry for that, but I'm always curious to know why people homeschool their children?
I've seen on television once that Brittish school children are the unhappiest and unhealthiest of all Europian school children. Could that be a reason?

Babylonia

Miss Shimmy: Way to go! Please tell us about your upcoming performance. :)

Moon: I don't know about Europe but most people in the US homeschool their children for religious reasons. The rest do it because the feel they can give their child a better education. I looked into homeschooling Arabella but decided against it. However I worked with her alot and by the time she was 2 1/2 she knew as much as most kindergardeners and at 4 she could read at a 1st grade level. It takes alot of patience and dedication.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful week full of dance and love. :D

miss_shimmy

hi all,i am dancing and singing.
heres more details:

Venue Rumi Bar, Venue and Nightclub Hire, Chelsea, London, UK - Rumi Bar it will run on Sun 15th April from 7pm - 1am.

DJ Pete Ardron - world beats/chill - www.myspace.com/peteardron (more up to date), or Pete Ardron

Indogo (miss shimmy!!) - singer/songwriter - Welcome to indogo

DJ Healer Selecta - Soul/Club/Swing - www.myspace.com/healerselecta and HEALER SELECTA

I will perform for an hour,but split into 2 half hours,at beginning of the evening and at the end :)

yes moon,that pretty much explains it,the schools here are so bad.many parents are turning to homeschooling.
the schools here are shockingly bad.I want to give my kids the best start I can,and this is working well for us.
we are looking at moving from the city to a village ,there would be better schools in a small village.but until then,homeschool is the plan.
Babylonia,you do a wonderful job with Arabella,she is so beautiful.

love and smiles

miss s
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

Thanks for explaining!

I guess I was very lucky, I loved my primary school (except for gymnastics and traffic lessons, lol!), though I learned some reading, writing and counting somewhat earlier from my sisters.
I don't know if I can speak for all Dutch schools, but at least at my primary school and at the most I know, children don't have lunch at school, but at home or at some other place where they can go when their parents aren't at home. And there, they get sandwiches or they have to bring their own sandwiches from home.
But I saw this show on television where an English cook tried to convince schools to change their menu, make healthier meals. I hope he'll succeed. I was so shocked when I saw all those brittish kids eat for lunch was chips and hamburgers! And when the cook changed the menu, the kids didn't want to eat it and their parents wrote letters to the school that they had to give their children the "good food" back!!! :shok::shok::shok:

(Miss Shimmy, maybe I'm really stupid today but I can't find your performance in those links... :redface:)

miss_shimmy

my performance isnt on those links,thats just all about whos playing and where.
at my site you can hear my songs and see me on tv

www.indogo.org/music.

the tv is on ''reviews''page,have a look around when you got enough time on your hands.

this performance will be first time i have combined my dance...we shall see how it goes!!

sstacy123

Thank you Miss Shimmy. I'm 26 and I have to say I wish I'd started dancing earlier but perhaps it wasn't the right time then or maybe it was and I just didn't know it...who can say? I'm actually not sure exactly how much I dance...I do the one hour session at work but when I get home I practice some too. I'll be doing something and stop shimmy till I get tired and go back to what I'm doing and after I cool down I get back up, practice vertical figures eights. The classes I take are in American Cabaret. Miss Shimmy I wish I could see your performance, the world is getting smaller but not small enough yet...

If I had childen I think I'd want to homeschool them but if I do I don't know if that will happen or not. There's so much I think they should teach that they don't here. And while you cant shield them forever it would be nice to keep them away from some of the influences and things that go on in the schools.

Okay I'm feeling a little more inspired to get it together...had oatmeal for brekkie this morning. I set the alarm clock to go to the gym...I went back to sleep but at least I thought about it.:rolleyes:

miss_shimmy

you girls are so beautiful,and though you wont be there,you will be held in my heart.I will close my eyes and pretend that you are,thankyou so much for your love and support in general.

well my dvd player is playing up-i had one of those days where every thing is not quite going right so,I am going to set my music up and drill basically til i get tired.

so todays plan,slightly changed!!!

morning

* callanetics- did that,was great :)

afternoon (here I am..lol)

* drills and improv

evening

* rehearsal for rumi gig

stacy,you inspire me,i love that though we are all so far,we can come here and be so near.

love and smiles

misss s
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

Okay I dont have a healthy breakfast going on here but guess what ladies??? I made it to the gym this morning!!! I got up bright and early at 5:00...well it wasn't bright yet and hauled it over for a 40 minute workout. Will try to go longer later but I give myself the excuse of starting back slow. And the lady there told me she would see me Monday so I guess I'm gonna have to go back, huh?

Babylonia

Yes Stacy, well done! :D I saw a show about a woman who went from 240lbs to being a bodybuilder in a year and she gets up at 4:30 or 5am every morning. she said she could sleep in or be fit, she chooses the latter. I admire the dedication it takes to exercise that early but the hardest part is behind you! Great job! :clap:

miss_shimmy

YOU HAVE UNLIMITED POTENTIAL

No matter what the level your ability is,
you have more potential than you can ever develop in a lifetime.

Don't think about the things you can't do.
Think about the things you can do.
There is no such thing as no chance.

You have powers you never dreamed of.
You can do things you never thought you could do.
There are no limitations to what you can do
except the limitations of your own mind.

Your range of available choices right now is limitless.
Look at things as they can be.
Never say never.

THE DAILY GURU

miss_shimmy

hello all :)

todays goals:

* callanetics
* east coast tribal
* 20 minutes yoga

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Rupa

Hey everyone! New here, seems like a great forum cant wait to get stuck in! I'm a professional dancer and trained in styles such as Belly, Latin American-Rhumbha, Salsa and Indian. Im half mexican and half indian..now theres a rare mix but i like it! I've also done alot of modelling and have done loads of fitness modelling so have some really useful tips on health and fitness that i can help anyone with.

If you wouldlike to find out more about me please just visit my website I'm an entrepreneur and make money from home which has absolutely nothing to with my modelling and dancing and have recently launched my book which is in Asiana magazine this spring issue, it includes all my health and fitness tips and the actual routines and also some excellent information about yoga as well as well as nutrition plans to get that flat firm toned stomach! Anyways visit my website to find out more about it, (click on to my book) heres to happy chattingxxxx

miss_shimmy

hey there rupa,a huge welcome to you.
I am so happy for you and your achievments.
we love to share ideas here

love and smiles

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

hi all,sorry i havnt been here much,I have been caring for the boys,they have been ill.finn got taken into hospital,gave us quite a scare,though is much better today,thank goodness.

I did american tribal style this morning,feeling a little run down and have a cold so i am eating well,resting and generally taking life easy :)

love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.