Page 33 of 79 FirstFirst ... 232728293031323334353637383943 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

I was an houer at a gym to day and is wery proud of myself.

Post Thanks / Like

moon...the flower...

the flower is an excellent excercise for improving blood circulation to your hands and finger nails.It helps keep your fingers supple and young looking.
    It also helps prevent tension building in your hands.

* sitting posture

~ sit naturally upright on your mat(you can do this anywhere you are sitting)
    Breath regularly.

~ hold your hands,made into tight fists in front of you,keep your jaw relaxed.(knuckles towards you)

~ slowly and with resistance open your hands,think of them as tightly closed,sleeping buds opening unwillingly to the rays of the morning sun.

~ when your hands are fully open,give your fingers a final stretch until they arch backwards,stretch your arms sideways as far as they will go,hold this position for a few moments.

~ relax your arms and hands.

Venefica,well done for going to the gym how often do you go?

well I am doing great on my first good girl eating day.I have had craving for chocolate once.but I just walk over to my meal plan,then i envision the results,and i am good.

for jewel of yorkshire i have chosen 3 workshops:

* tribal combo's ~ Ava Flemming
    * Beatrice - 20 step combo's
    * Shafleek - oriental/ballet fusion.

yey!!

so Have just finished the yoga,will be dance for 15 minutes and then ballet later before watching a film.

love and light

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I have become member of a group that do physical exersise to help whit mental problem, in my case depression. I can go one or two times a week depending on my mood.

That exersise you told us aboute Miss Shimmy, will that help on the nails. I have so thin and weak nails and I want to do somthing aboute it, I want to file them pointy and sharp like claws but they keep breaking.

Post Thanks / Like

I recieved Ava Fleming's combo dvd for Christmas but still haven't watched it yet.

Good job going to the gym. I went to my tai chi class this AM and I'm hoping to make it back to do upper body work later.

Post Thanks / Like

I mostly walked on a treadmill and also worked whit some other strange machines to push and pull at.

Post Thanks / Like

today is my second day of the healthy eating,so far so good!!
    I am feeling slimmer already,can't wait to meet the new and slimmer me.
    when I was doing ballet tonight,I was looking closer at the bodies of the dancers...my jaw was dropping,i know that to reach that I have to put in what I want to get out.

todays:

* 15 minute shimmy this morning
    * dance with Rachel Brice
    * ballet with NYCB

hi girls,babylonia,I wonder what her dvd is like,I hope she will have them for sale at the workshop.I have already met another teacher who is gonna be teaching 20 steps workshop,she sounds adorable,I am so exited,that I just can't hide it!

Venefica,wow girl,keep going,you are doing realy well

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Miss Shimmy. I am looking forward to getting a bit thinner, and especialy to getting clothes from regular stores and not have to go to special shops for big pepole, and to get better health. Good luck further by the way Miss Shimmy.

Post Thanks / Like

Venifica,you realy are doing so well.have you got any ''incentive clothes''something that you want to fit into,like one size down from what your size is now?
    that helps me alott when I am doing the weightloss boogie

thankyou for the well wishes,its so very much appreciated.
    I am on day three of the healthy eating,I am good with it,feeling much better and brighter.

off up to do my 15/20 minutes shimmy in a couple of minutes
    then rachel brice and ballet later on.
    I am home all day today ,I love ''in''days

love to all

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

I own a most beautiful black velvet evening gown. My mother that is an amasing seamstress made it for me for New Years eve 2000 and for long it was my most favorite dress. It make me feel like a sorceress in a fantasy book, but I have outgrown it. I want to fit back into it.

Post Thanks / Like

You girls sound like you're doing well. I on the other hand have continued downhill. I don't know that you would called it depression but I've been suffering from something that has really gotten bad the last couple of days-perhaps mental (and some physical) fatigue and a little sadness...so along with those feelings came the bad food. Tuesday I made sure to get in bed early (8:15 pm), I thought that's what I needed but I woke up yesterday and got to work and started crying! Last night I didn't get in bed as early as I hoped but I still feel better this morning though breakfast still wasn't healthy...but I'm not giving up yet. I think if I continue getting in bed and working on ways to not stress I will get a routine worked out for myself. I try to never take on too much because I know I stress SOOO easy. Although as excited as I am I'm not gonna get my normal rest this weekend. The workshop I mentioned in other posts, well I'm not going to attend the workshop but I am going to attend the performances. It will really be my first true performance to watch. It is about 4 hours or so from here. (Assuming we don't get lost) But it should be fun.