Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstacy123

I know one other girl had the problem, but she changed skirts and no longer had it...I had a black satin circle skirt and it appears that it is the material...had I known it was going to do that I would have chosen a different skirt...but it was too late by the time I found out...and I did flip it during the performance but I'm told my behind didn't show...:rolleyes:

Moon

Oh you had the performance already?? How was it? Except for the skirt flipping ;)
Do you have pics? :D

sstacy123

I was disappointed with my performance, I felt like I could have done better...:( But I think one of the things that made it bad was my nerves getting in my way-not that I couldn't do it, so I think it was good for me to get up and do it so I can learn to deal with that...I don't really have any pictures, none of my family or friends came...one of the girls family took some pictures but something happened and they didn't turn out...:( I have one picture my dad took of me in my costime once I returned home, that's all...

Moon

Aww don't feel bad. I think most people are extremely nervous, especially for the first performance. You probably looked a lot better than you think you did.
By the way your costume looks very nice! Did you buy that top somewhere or ordered it from internet. I can't find tops like that anywhere in "normal shops" and I can't order stuff from internet.

sstacy123

Thanks Moon. I ordered it from the internet...I've not seen anything like it in a normal shop either and there is only one BD shop anywhere near my city but it is still a county away and you have to have an appointment and I don't know what all they have, so all my stuff has come from the internet with the exception of 2 hips scarfs.

miss_shimmy

aw stacey(((((Hugs)))you are so beautiful.try not to be disappointed,we are our own worse critics,we always expect so much of ourselves dont we?
the fact is,you did it,you went out there ,sure you made some mistakes,well hey what is life without mistakes?
I am so proud of you,and moon u are such beautiful support.

top goals

* reach size 8 in 40 days
* dance every day
* put together ''indogo world fusion tour''
* Go on tv show

Yes I need to write out these goals and leave them all over my house-doing that today nwhilst sitting out there in the sun..the sun and warm here today is astounding,realy is.
yesterday i had so many eureka moments and now I am even more committed to taking daily action to make these eurekas come true.

this morning I did the belly section of supercallanetics,it is intense but great!!!
today i will have a try at the chinese folk dance,looking forward to that indeed.

so my sister and i had great chat last night,her harvey diamond fit for life came,so we are starting this 40 days together,we are keeping an offline journal.we will exchange journal at the end of 40 days.
we are very exited!!!

so i will share my measurements being the brave girl that I am

neck - 13
upper arm - 12 inches
wrist - 6 inches
chest - 32 inches
waist - 34 inches
hips -38 inches
thigh - 22 inches
calf - 13 inches

you will notice that my middle area has not changed much,i had 2 days of not properly combining my food,the difference in my body and mood was amazing.thats why i have made this 40 day commitment,I know with the support network,the strength of God I am doing this.

Failure is not an option

sstacy123

I was disappointed in my performance but I have to say I am proud of myself...I mean just a few years ago I would have NEVER done anything like that...

Well I've been doing well managing my food lately...I've went from 158.? lbs to 154.1...(I gave up on measuring myself) My diet could still use many improvements but I'm happy that I am managing it at all. My exam is next week...afterwards I'm finally going to get that book Fast Food Nation. I'm still not exercising (besides practicing)...I definately have to start if I want to climb Mt. Sinai though.

Moon

Sounds like your doing great miss Shimmy! You would do perfect if you visited the forum just a little more ;);)

I've practiced for my next perforance on May 12 and I also have an exam this week, I really don't feel like studying :(

belly_dancer

you are ALL sooooo Adorable (&Sstacy... you look a bit like my oldest daughter (22))....
keep up the good work!!!
I have procrastinated tooo much... (& now some more...being on line!!)
had a performance last night... was sort of not into.. but by end of night=fun
!!!!!
but tonight... have 3 SEPARATE performances (about 30 min/30 min/ then 1 hour!!!!) eeekkkkkk!!!!!!

but by the time y'all are my age.... you'll be doing multiple performances w/ ease!!!!
but still..... wish me luck (& stamina!!!)

PLEASE keep posting your goals (& successes & drawbacks!!!) here... you are ALL so inspirational no matter WHAT you think!!!
OXOXOXOXOXOX

sstacy123

Thanks...well too late to wish you luck now but good luck for the next time! :)

Well Friday and Saturday weren't the best days diet wise and my weight was up a little less than a pound this morning but I did better today so I think I'm back on track now and feel good...

My final is tomorrow...I'm not ready and methinks I might just play hooky from work tomorrow and prepare... (hope nobody reads this :pray: )

Class was soo much fun this weekend...we did a little floor work and learned I think what she called the Algerian?

Venefica

How is everyone. It have been some time sinse I have been on the forum. orry for disapearing. I hope all i well.

I disapear somtimes due to depression. Other than that I have been well.

I wish you the best pepole. :D

Babylonia

I was wondering about you too. I'm sorry you were depressed, life can be a little overwhelming sometimes I know. I'm glad you're back. :)

I went to a bellydance bazaar on Sunday and bought a pretty skirt and some glittery make up that should look nice for my next performance, whenever that may be. My next big purchase might be some Isis wings and/or a sword.

Last edited:

sstacy123

V are you still dancing? Sorry that you've been feeling bad. I've been doing better for the most part.

Ooh I'm trying to talk myself into waiting on buying a sword till I make another payment on my CC but I'm such a kid and I want what I want when I want it and i want it now...I really wasn't expecting to learn sword anytime soon but the instructors announced their plans, this six weeks a new choreography, next six weeks add zills to the choreo and the following six weeks add the sword...

Venefica

I have been dancing, but not as often as I should. I dont always find the Energy to do so.

What is CC? If you have the money and dont need it for household things, nessesery thing, food and such I dont see anything wrong whit buying it, especialy if your training is going in that direction anyway.

Babylonia

I think CC is credit cards.

I haven't been dancing like I should either but now that I'm feeling better I am starting to do more. I went to tai chi yesterday and that always makes me feel good.

Hope everyone is having a nice day.:)

Moon

I just had dance practice for our performance next Saturday :shok: so now the soles of my feet are black, because the floor wasn't too clean hahah.

sstacy123

Yeah it is for credit cards, sorry...I don't like carrying a balance and I had put my airfare for my Egypt trip on there ($1200) and my dentist bill for getting my wisdom teeth out ($340) plus what I spent for my costume for my performance ($90) plus a couple other things and I have to come up with another $500 in a couple of months for the remaining balance of the trip (also just paid $300 on the deposit on another credit card. Plus there is a $200 local payment I have to make IN Egypt plus spending money...and you KNOW I'll be wanting to spend and I'm determined to squeeze some BD shopping in. I'm supposed to get my hair done and that costs a lot of money too...(my boyfriend had been paying for it for me but since we broke up it's up to me :( but he was getting a deal and I don't) And I'm nothing but a transcriptionist and transcriptionists don't make heaps of money and I hear so many stories of people getting in over their heads in debt and I'm scared of that happening to me...but I really want the sword...:D

The dancing has really meant a lot to me...I suspect that if I didn't have it I would likely be bad off.

Wiggly

Callanetics

Hi,
I have heard of callanetics but didn't know what it actually was.

Sorry, I found the font and colour hard to read too. :redface:

I just wanted to ask do you have a DVD, what is the name?

You sound so happy with it and it's obvoiusly working, I would like to have a go too. I need to lose some weight and healthy eating is just not cutting it. The belly dancing helps but needs something else, something more drastic.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.