Page 44 of 79 FirstFirst ... 343839404142434445464748495054 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

hi girls,lovely to hear from you((hugs)).

good luck with the cards V,sounds like you have a great plan there.
    I have been doing drills every night,then finishing with three cards.the jewel of yorkshire is not so far away,i am so exited!!

have you been to a workshop before?

yes I will be a callanetics teacher,I just want to have the option to teach you see.
    when I do I would like to give private lessons.when callan first started she gave lessons in her home from 6am onwards,she was like putting cream on her face whilst watching her students from her mirrors.how casual is that!!

thankyou so much for your support by the way

ah you had a chocolate day babylonia,good for you,it always amazes me how what you eat instantly adds extra weight on!!!i had some chips the other day and chocolate and wine all in ione day...LOL,I accepted it as a ''free''day.
    and the extra weight instantly piled on..a moment on the lips,a lifetime on the hips(unless you do callanetics or bellydance or such things...LOL)

well,tis my bedtime,its jaykeys birthday tomorrow-he will be a whole 3..awwww!!!!i hope and pray the day runs smooth and sweetly.

love and blessings

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Aww, 3 is such a cute age! Give him a big birthday hug and kiss from me!

I'm so glad you're going to JOY. I've taken a couple of worshops. One was a worshop on shimmies and I took one with Jillina. We did some choreography and a drum solo. The shimmy worshop was about 2 hours and the Jillina was about 5 not including a break for lunch. There's alot of workshops going on down here but I've been broke. We have Spirit of the Tribes coming (with Rachel Brice whose classes will no doubt be full) but I might go there to check out costumes.
    I also did a workshop on entances and exits.

I think you'll make a great teacher and having a home studio is a marvelous idea. How long will it take you to get certified?

Post Thanks / Like

Happy brithday to your little son.

I haved desided to begin training pilates, i have two DVDs and I going to try to do one program a week whit that.

Chocholate is not good for us, buy my my is it good.

Post Thanks / Like

YES .... misss S... I am interested too abt the callenetics certification... I remember callenetics from WAY back (so have been lurking since I found this thread!).....
    YEARS ago when my 1st child was a newborn, I hurt my back, & some progressive doctor (esp. for back then!) recommended the callenetics video as a way to stengthen my back with GENTLE yet powerful exercise..
    my favorite part of the video was the timelapse of the woman's butt "shrinking" IN & UP
    is that still on the video????..
    need to find that video again.... my butt could use it....

esp. after said 1st child's birthday party...(just this past weekend!) the chocolate/the cheesecake/the wine!! (she is now 22 & way over legal!!!) that was my "free day".... (or days... just couldn't bring myself to throw away left over cheesecake!!!!!!)
    so happy birthday to ALL the children! big & small!

& here's to getting back on my veggie binge...
    & my sstacy goal of 1 hr a day... or at this rate would be happy with 1/2 hour

Post Thanks / Like

Happy Birthday Jaykey!

Post Thanks / Like

good morning beautiful dancers,madeline,are you feeling better?
    thankyou so much for the birthday wishes for jaykey,i will give him them in form of kisses and hugs

yes 6 mnths for the callanetics course,its quite intense and a little pricey but hopefully worth it.

aw bellydancer,did you have a great birthday celebration?
    yes the butt part is still on the video,its amazing how fast and carefully callanetrics sculpts the body-are you still doing your callanetics bellydancer?

venefica,congrats on the decision with the pilates,you are gonna do greatly with thatr.well,time is pushing on,i could go out in my disney nighty,we are going to disney shop..lol,we gonna see what gives jayke the biggest wow

wish you were here,stay beautiful

ms
    xxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Happy birthday to your son, miss Shimmy
    and congratulations, I'm sure you'll be a great teacher.

I didn't do too well yesterday. Lot's of chocolate (from valentine's day) and fries (chips for the uk people) with mayonaise for lunch
    Well at least I also ate two kiwis

Had dance lesson yesterday but unfortunately we didn't dance much because everyone wanted to see the video of the performances from the party of a few weeks ago... It was nice to see the performances again but I'd rather danced some more as the lesson was canceled last week and next week there won't be a lesson because of stupid carnaval

Post Thanks / Like

Thank Miss Shimmy. Pilates sounds fun. My current plans for training is aboute 20 min og bellydance a day and a program of Pilates once a week and a little material arts. I have not desided between Tai Chi and few other whenever I have the time. And let us see if I get thin.

Post Thanks / Like

Venefica: I've been taking tai chi for a couple of months and I really enjoy it.

Miss Shimmy: How do they test you? Is there a written exam or do you send them a video of your form? It'll be worth it I'm sure. Hope Jayke has a wonderfully special day.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend full of dance and love.

Post Thanks / Like

I've been trying to add even more practice time...I came into work early yesterday and danced about 45 minutes and then the hour at lunctime...

Trying to figure out what to do with my life I thought about being a fitness trainer or nutritionist since it's something that is always on the mind anyway...I never have made any kind of decision. I'll probably continue being a secretary.

Some of the girls including the instructor went to a Persian resturant last night where rotating members of the troupe perform. I went and had the mixed grill, beef, chicken, lamb, shrimp...but dont worry I didn't eat all of it! It was fun I just hate I'm always the quiet one...