Page 48 of 79 FirstFirst ... 384243444546474849505152535458 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

How can your scale messure that? I mean if you have a strong bone structure more of your weight will not be fat than if you are petite, the same if you are well trained you will weigh more but have less fat, so how can a weight deterine what weight is what?

Post Thanks / Like

awesome point Venefica,like muscle weighs more than fat,so like take callanetics for exsample,you tone in ,strengthen and lengthen,yet you would weigh more on the scales,yet your measurements are snaller,callan explains this well,i will go find it in my book...
    Last edited by miss_shimmy; 02-21-2007 at 04:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Well I don't know how accurate my scale is, you enter your height, gender, and age. I don't know how exactly it works, but it is supposed to send some kind of signal through your body, it tells you your bodyfat, bone mass, muscle mass, body water, how it tells the difference I don't know. There is also a option for athletes.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey ladies,
    The scales that measure percent fat are actually pretty accurate, if they are of quality. The scale does not determine how much fat you have based on your weight alone. It works by testing your electrical conductivity. This means that it passes a small electric current through you and sees how well it travels. Electricity travels through lean muscle mass(bone,muscle,organs) differently than fat, so it can tell how much of your weight is fat. As far as I know, the height, gender, and age question just makes the scale more accurate.

Post Thanks / Like

I did not know they made that ad wigiths one could buy for ones home, my fiancee says there are ways a doctor can mesure it by the help of a tank of wather you go into, i guess that is also currnet based, but i have never seen such a weight in Norway, but then, we are always a bit after.

Post Thanks / Like

I have a doctor's type scale that's pretty accurate. I'd really like to get one that measures bodyfat etc. The scale is just a tool you can use to help you with your transformation along with your tape measure, mirror and clothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah I've seen those with the tank and the water, I figure they are probably more accurate but I figure this scale gives me an idea...

Post Thanks / Like

When I used to go to the gym, the trainers would weigh you with the body-fat-measuring scales. EEK! Surely that's the worst idea for incentive to get people (who may be out of shape) to go exercise??

I don't use scales - I refuse to. I think they're demoralising and inaccurate, and the best way to tell if you're losing weight is how clothes fit and how happy/confident/fit you feel.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

I don't use scales - I refuse to. I think they're demoralising and inaccurate, and the best way to tell if you're losing weight is how clothes fit and how happy/confident/fit you feel.
    must admit,me neither,i agree with you for sure.

The scale is just a tool you can use to help you with your transformation along with your tape measure, mirror and clothing.
    very well put babylonia.

The scales that measure percent fat are actually pretty accurate, if they are of quality. The scale does not determine how much fat you have based on your weight alone. It works by testing your electrical conductivity. This means that it passes a small electric current through you and sees how well it travels. Electricity travels through lean muscle mass(bone,muscle,organs) differently than fat, so it can tell how much of your weight is fat. As far as I know, the height, gender, and age question just makes the scale more accurate.
    thankyou for sharing that Ariella

how was it with the rats venefica?HAVE THEY GONE HOME AGAIN?oops sorryfor caps.

did hour of callanetics yesterday,doing 15 minute session today.
    might measure myself as this morning i am feeling slimmer

still doing the food combining,getting into it no probs

Post Thanks / Like

I agree, besides your weight go up and down all a little all the time, if one wiegh often it is easy to get sad and loose hope when one see one have gained a little weight, even if this is just natrual, I agree that is it better to messure by clothing.