Page 52 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2424647484950515253545556575862 ... LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

Well I knew going in my arms were weak...haven't done too much with them so far in my dance career until yesterday...I'm suprised my legs weren't sore either as she had us doing exercises for our balance and my legs were shaking!

Well I'm really proud of myself today, brekkie wasn't the greatest but I finally got myself to eat a veggie...lol...also have some fruit here.

Miss Shimmy, you mean not ready as far as your dancing? If that is the case I probably wouldn't be ready myself but I love to dream! I probably try to go a little too fast but I'm having so much fun with dance and that energy just gets the best of me! I think that is why I'm buying TOO much stuff. I haven't stopped shopping yet and I'm making myself nervous.

With the chest lifts the students all started feeling the instructors back and feeling how she was tightening it when she raised (wel I didn't I just watched them doing it)...I don't know if I was doing that before-maybe not since I'm sore but I started trying to do it like that. The instructor was walking around and watching everybody, she told me close, so I dunno what I'm not doing right???

The most I *remember* being without power was I think five days with hurrican Katrina...and two or three with a tornado we had nearby and two or three with snow/ice or just rain will make it go out sometimes....we have a generator now, but it hasn't gone out since we got it.

Post Thanks / Like

I am glad you liked the book you orderd. What was the name of the book again? And is it somthing you would recomend?

Weee. I am an aunt. My sister in law gave birth to a beautiful, and healthy baby boy tonight. He is so cute, my mother in law just sendt a picture by the phone, he is so adorable one just want to eat him right up.

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations! I bet he's a cutie. Babies are so sweet!

I do believe that v necks are quite flattering. If you're worried about messing up your fabric then i would recommend a test pair of pants out of very cheap fabric (even and old sheet will do). I'm going to go look at my sewing books to tell you what it says about sewing silks.
    Last edited by Babylonia; 02-27-2007 at 12:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

good morning beautiful dancers

venefica...what fantastic news that is!!I am so happy for you,are you going to share a picture of this little one with us?

thankx babylonia for the guidance,i thibk a choli will be best as a top,i could take the pattern from one i have,i am hoping to make a very light and breezy costume,natural,beautiful materials...

i am hemming the veil first,do i use normal cotton i wonder?

last night i did callanetics,then for dance i did the most simple routine,with jaqueline chapman,her vid was the very first i tried a year ago
    it was great.i enjoyed the ''breezes''coreography.
    she wears some stunning costumes.

so its a shorter callanetics session today,and then theres studyig to do for my test,i have to write an essay too,explaining what callanetics is,how it works...etc.
    i don't know what dance i will do today,hmmm i may do some egyptian.
    i can't wait to to joy,to be with real teachers rather than a dvd,to dance with other dancers,all sharing a dancing dream,to see performances live,not just on dvd...wow!!!

hows your dancing going?

love always

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

the bellydance book,i got it for a very low price,i was very lucky

heres a couple of links:

Amazon.com: The Belly Dance Book : Rediscovering the Oldest Dance: Books: Tazz Richards,Kajira Djoumahna

Belly Dance Books for Bellydancers and Middle Eastern Culturists

love always

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

A choli sounds like an excellent choice. Will you make it out of the same material as the harem pants?

My book says that you can use cotton thread on silk.

Please send happy thoughts my way as my Pomeranian, Nicky, is having surgery today. He has kidney stones, he's so little and doesn't even weigh 5lbs.
    Last edited by Babylonia; 02-27-2007 at 02:01 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

poor fella!

Post Thanks / Like

aw little tiny nicky,i bet he is tronger than he looks,bless him.good luck nicky,hope you feel better little one.

the choli,hmmm,i would like to make it in a stretch black material,i thought velvet at first but then i thought heat,would get way too hot.
    thats great i can use cotton...kiss your book from me babylonia,its so very helpful!!

I am hemming my veil tonight

all is well,very tired as i have started getting up earlier again,but i know once i get used to it ,it is very rewarding,me and finn had a great time at the library,he got a dream journal,he wants to write and draw all his dreams in there,i have one too,so we both sat and took time out from the world.

love always

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. Yes he is very cute. I will post a picture if his mother let me. By Norweegian law one can not post pictures of children on the internett whitout the ecsact consent of one of their parents, or gardians.

Post Thanks / Like

I hope all goes well for Nicky!