Page 76 of 79 FirstFirst ... 266670717273747576777879 LastLast

Thread: Fit for life

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

hiya charity

sounds like you are very much immersed into the yoga...I figure a little callanetics,yoga and pilates all are such wonderful contributions to my dancing.

I did pilates for beginners,first time today.I can realy feel it even hours later.
    I also did some dance drills,then danced to ''dancing through''by indogo .

happy with todays eating,stayed with food combining..seeing some awesome muscle shape.

I cried as I watched Rbee today...she is so amazing

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

oh i love that pic. i wish i had talents to do that with a computer but i'm technologically challenged.

i didnt get my first cell phone, computer and cable television until 31.

that yoga book is "total yoga: a step-by-step guide to yoga at home for everybody" by tara fraser. its very to the point. i like it.

yes i like rb too. she dances on her own spiritual level. combining dance with the spiritual concepts behind yoga. i think this is often not considered because of her association with tribal fusion style.

wait i should clarify, i am under the impression of the above simply because of my own experiences with yoga.

peace out, miss_shimmy.

Post Thanks / Like

hi charity..how you doing?did you get an urge to try callanetics yet?

well the pik...I spent the afternoon taking lessons with my hubby,he is the talented one in that area..I am realy happy with what I learnt,thankyou for the compliment

just gonna get ready to drill and then choreograph.taking the boys swimming tomorrow..so looking at an early night.

namaste

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

well today I practised with Rbee,managed to do the whole 40 minutes and for the first time ever I realy enjoyed the yoga sunsalutions.I love the way I felt once I had finished...all floaty and energised.

happy weekend!!

miss shimmy
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Post Thanks / Like

nah i didnt get the book on callanetics. my time is divided enough for now.

have a great weekend.

Post Thanks / Like

How's your callanetics going miss Shimmy? Have you made your own video yet?

Went ballroom dancing with boyfriend yesterday and this other guy accidentally landed on my feet with his own 2 feet and now I have a painfull bruise
    Bellydance performance next week, yay

Post Thanks / Like

Hi, hope everyone is feeling fine this weekend. We have a holiday Monday so it's a 3 day weekend here.

I finally tried water aerobics and I like it. My legs felt like jelly when I got out of the pool. I slept like a baby too.

I saw a movie called "Sabah" this weekend.It's comedy/drama about a Muslim woman from Syria who lives in Toronto and falls in love with a non-Muslim man. While no one was a bellydancer there was bellydancing in the movie. I found it interesting because all of the dancing took place at family gatherings. Check it out.

Peace, love, health and happiness.

Post Thanks / Like

hey there babylonia (((hugs)))great to ''see''you.
    I am so glad you enjoyed aerobics in the water,I always was quite curious about that!

ooh that film sounds awesome,i must look out for that...

today

- supercallanetics for the legs
    - cardio tribal
    - dance drills

Post Thanks / Like

yea i saw "sabah" too, it is good. i love the little bit of them dancing at the end. that woman is so cute, the main character. she looks A LOT LIKE my aunt when she was young.

moon
    i never took up ballroom like i had said. i'm staying with my monday night belly dance class and i dont get home in time for ballroom. slightly disappointed about that. but perhaps now i can do the ballroom bootcamp on fittv. you have to be a complete amateur i think. have you seen the show? i like it a lot, as well as dancing with the stars.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Charity, what a pity you can't make it. I don't know ballroom bootcamp. Dancing with the stars we have too in the Netherlands. I watched 2 seasons but last season I stopped because the dancers are all too obsessed with lifts I like to see more traditional ballroom dancing
    What kind of show is ballroom bootcamp?