Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

:)

hello firelily,ah you are ''travel sized''too...the best things come in small packages.:)

I don't have blonde hair,I have dark hair in dreadlocks:)

how are you doing firelily?are you addicted to dance?

hugs and smiles:dance:

Babylonia

Your dreadlocks suit you Miss Shimmy.:)

I have some questions: How do you make dreadlocks? How do you care for them? If you decided you wanted to change your hairstyle would you have to cut them off and grow your hair out? How long have you had them?

miss_shimmy

hi girls

how are you doing today?

hi there babylonia and fire lily:)

I have some questions: How do you make dreadlocks? How do you care for them? If you decided you wanted to change your hairstyle would you have to cut them off and grow your hair out? How long have you had them?

not sure how to make dreadlocks-mine were made by a couple of german girls at a gig whilst we were touring europe-they used the tiniest crochet hook,and my hair was very long so it took a few evenings.my hair was much shorter once they were done.
its taken a few years for the dreadlocks to grow as long as they are now,around 3 years.
if i was to change hairstyle,well,I am so happy with my hair like this ,I am not sure when that would be,and theres many styles i can try with my dreadlocks.I am looking forward to growing them as long as can be.
though if i ever had a change of mind,it is said you can cut themn down and then spend a few days or more combing them out.
looking after them,well,they get looked after like any hair.I havnt used shampoo on my hair for years as I hate the chemical they use,I use natural indian coconut oil shampoo,well,its a powder.same with soap.
i use olive oil on them once or twice a week,to keep them conditioned.i occasionally dye them :)

i love having dreadsa,my hair was always so thin,like baby hair,now its hair with attitude...ha ha!

fire lilu-I understand your obsession;)

miss_shimmy

hi

fire lily...I wrote fire lilu..oops...I was realy tired last night...I havn't got dreads...I have dreadsa...LOL!!!!you have every right to laugh...LOL;) :D :) :dance:

Babylonia

Do you get the shampoo from a health food store or order it online? I would like to give it a try. I love coconut products and deep condition my hair with organic cocont oil once a week. Rubbing it into my hair also conditions my nails as well.:D

miss_shimmy

crystal

would you believe its from the indian shop,where i get all my spices and such.:) I wonder if there is anywhere online you can get it.
oh thats great that you use the coconut oil..i love it:)

miss_shimmy

Started The Day With Dance

started the day with dance,lots of shimmies...feels good and always makes my skin look and feel so good!!
i danced for about an hour.

doing 15 minutes with Rachel brice dvd this afternoon,then theres supercallanetics later,day off tomorrow...christmas...yipppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

love to all

Sara

If I have to start getting ready at 7am, what time do you reckon I should get up in the morning so I can practise some drills, and stretches?
:think:

miss_shimmy

hi sara

hello sarah,well it depends,I get up at 7 with the boys,so I get up at 6am,so I have that whole hour for dancing and a nice bubble bath to start the day.
are you good at getting up in the morning?It can take a little getting used to,it takes 3 weeks to make a new habit.
you could jump out of bed at 6.30am,night before get your music and such ready.

hope this helps!!

when new year comes I am going to be early birding once more,I have slacked over the holidays but hey-thats what the holidays are for right!!;)

:dance:

miss_shimmy

cani

CANI
constant and never ending improvment.
that is my goal.

for the last few days i have been drilling each move 5 minutes...heres a list of what i do whilst sitting:

- head rolls -right and left
- shoulders rolls-forwards,back and alternate
- chest raises
- chest slides-left and right
- chest circles-left and right
- bellyroll
- pelvis tuck
- hip drop-down and up
- shoulder shimmy-slowly
- hip circles - left and right.

I practised a standing hip shimmy,in slow motion.I will be doing that also a while;

callanetics:

- pelvic circles
- thigh stretch
- thigh scoop

yoga

- cobra

and thats for today.

miss_shimmy

hi sara

hi there sara,I just want to find a way to fit in dance as much as i can into my everyday life:)
yesterday,i added up all my 5 minutes,and i had done 95 minutes of excercises,i was so delighted.
I will be going back to being an extra early bird in the new year-I am so exited!!:)
are you exited about the new year?me and my fgriend,we are doing carol vordermans 30 day detox,I did it last year and found it realy works for me,thats what is important isnt it?finding something that works for you?

tomorrow is a new year...yippteee skiptyyy!!!!there will be many of us dancing the new year in.Its my first new year as an oriental dancer....yey!!!!!:D :D :D :D

Sara

:D I'm excited too. I've put all my Resolutions up on the door, and waiting to get up early n all.

It's gunna be a nice new fresh start.

miss_shimmy

best of luck

thats great sara,I wish you all the best with your resolutions.I will be happy to get into full swing too.

whats your priority resolution?
my first one is to lose this weight...will get though one resolution at a time,I do this all year round,though for some reason on a new year it feels especially great!!!

New Year's Day is every man's birthday. ~Charles Lamb

all the best sara:D :D :D

Sara

Nail those moves I can't get. Like a full Rachel Brice Belly roll, and really get those ab movements.

miss_shimmy

yey

thats fantastic sara :)

how often will you need to practise to achieve that?

by the way the chinning bar realy gives a good arm and spine stretch...hold on,relax and hang...I learnt it from callanetics.
I can only manage to hang for like 7 seconds,callan can stay on theree much much longer!

ooh happy new year too,this is first time I have wrote you this year:shok: ;)

Sara

:D Same here!

Well, I'm really going to push my self to drill upper abs in, lower abs in, upper abs out, lower abs out. Ove and over again until I can do it in my sleep.

miss_shimmy

ooh

ooh i think i will join you on that!!!

must admit,my top muscles are realy strong,the lower abs they need to be worked much much more,so yes i will join you on this!:)

I just finished fat chance belly dance,moved through each move realy well,its been a while since i have done it.

I did a 5 minute inner thigh squeeze from callanetics,and 5 minutes of the cobra,I realy want to get my spine all nice and stretched too you see.:dance:

I am also tensing the top of my back muscles,that realy lifts the chest nicely doesnt it:)

I must admit my bellyrolls almost when I am sat,I have been doing top abs,then bottom,will do that until I get it and then reverse :)

are you exited about doing a bellyroll?I certainly am:dance:

I hear it takes around three months to get :)

Status
Not open for further replies.