Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

well for me,I am doing callanetics and eating healthily.I had a break from bellydancing,and turned my full attention to callanetics with dedication and Love.
I am enjoying the journey so far,so amazing.the results are strengthening and fast.
today when I shopped I only bought colorful food and I made some very tasty meal plans for myself and the family,we all need a healthy more varied eating habit.

:)

I am very exited to share this journey.After the weekend I will be introducing veena and neena back into my daily routine,i have missed them so much

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

dancing tonight

I am so exited,in a few minutes I will be dancing with veena and neena,its been a little while,but I know I will enjoy it so much.
watching the bellydance superstars realy inspires me,seeing and feeling the freedom they feel when they dance,how beautiful they are,how beautiful it all is...wow,it takes away my breath and makes my heart ache to dance...so off i go....

hugs

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

miss_shimmy

another hour

well you know,last night and this morning,my lower voice was saying''oh you have done enough this week,take a break,it doesnt matter its just the one day...''

but then i thought NO!!!!moving a day AWAY is not an option...the only way is FORWARD>>

so,my hjigher voice said ''its only an hour,you started ,u have to keep this commitment to yourself,and you love callanetics,you can do it''

I looked in my reflection,I could see the body that is about to emerge...I am so exited.I felt thoroughly relaxed throughout the whole routine apart from the phone ringing over and over,so in future i will turn it off.

so yey,another day closer,I dont know how many hour sessions i have done so far,but my body doesnt hurt,the aches are only slight,and i am trimming up realy fast!!

I focus realy on how my life will be if i dont stick with this commitment,it has to be here and it has to be now,there realy is no other option.

I am so fortunate too that family and friends support me with this,with all I do,with all I dream....

so,anyway,heres to another day closer!!

tip of the day!

make your life happier,by identifying your priorities,and commiting yourself to them.
banish anything that gets in the way of living by your priorities...

miss_shimmy

another hour :)

well callan gives about 19 hours for the body with callanetics to get realy impressively strong and slim.how exiting,that isnt very much at all!!
again I had to motivate myself this morning,have been feeling a little lethargic some days,not realy sure why,but i will not let that hold me back .
I have definately gone down a dress size,the strength i had during this mornings session was pretty awesome.my left shoulder no longer cracks at all,theres just a little in my right,but much better than it was in the beginning.
my arms and legs feel so strong and long!!!I am only 5ft but I definately feel 6ft today!!:p

though i realise i need to start Hop from tomorrow as i need time out totally alone to excercise,otherwise i get frustrated,I wanna completely melt into a meditive state with this,i guess that shows a deeper commitment to myself .

frustration is leverage.

hugs

miss licious
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
begin looking after yourself
start your day with a healthy breakfast,eating breakfast improves your concentration and your eating habits will be healthier.

Moon

Hi miss_shimmy nice to see that you're so enthousiastic. But what is callanetics?

Sorry I didn't read all your posts. The big font irritates me a little.

miss_shimmy

irritated by big font huh...can you get medication for that?LOL:p
I hear its bad for your digestion and can cause premature aging :p

well,this morning was a 6am start,my aim was 5am,though I was very restless in the night and didnt sleep whilst around 3am.
today i feel even more comfortable in my one size down clothes lost alott from my waist and sides.yey!!
I felt every single movement this morning,but i was so positive about it,i took things at my own pace,played sarah brightman in the background.just for a little soothing variation.
I feel so commited,and I am realy happy with myself for continuing,even on mornings when i dont feel like it,though i have to say this morning,I didnt even think on it,out of bed,splashed my face,then on with callanetics.
I thought of hardly anything at all,just relaxed to sarah and listened carefully to callan,allowed her soothing and encouraging words to settle in my mind without question.
so here I am,another day closer to physical freedom,how awesome!!!
my eating habits are getting better with each day that passes.I always start the day with lemon and honey...mmmmmmmmmm.
todays lunch is courgette with hummus salad,and dinner will be chickpeas with potatoe and spinache..how yummy is that!!mmmmmmmmm
ok,well heres to a beautiful and stunning day.

Attachments

• 3480.jpg
    3480.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Yshka

Hi Moon, the font irritates me also, couldn't read through the first few posts without having the urge to click to the next thread.

Miss Shimmy, why don't you start a blog or something..:rolleyes:

Yshka

Moon, I believe it is a form of aerobics, don;t know exactly what it is but it's like that.

da Sage

Callanetics

It is an exercise program designed by someone named Callan. The name is a pun of the name "Callan" and the word "calisthenics".

Calisthenics are toe touches, sit-ups, etc.
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?r=2&q=calisthenics

Callanetics is *not* aerobic exercise like jogging or Jane Fonda.

Callanetics was very big in the Eighties; there was a book and some video tapes. This was before Pilates became popular...Callanetics may be very similar to Pilates, it promises all the same results. For about 10 years all the Callanetics materials were out of print; now Amazon is offering the program on DVD.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=br_ss_h...gurupa&url=index=blended&keywords=callanetics

Thara

Hi!
Callanetic is good for spinal column problems because of stady state load - there no jumping and fast moves -it's about keeping pose 1min (sometimes that's hard,lol)

Yshka

Da Sage and Thara, thanks for explaining, I always thought it was some sort of aerobics thing.

Anyway, it sounds like a great way to exercise, but I guess I'm more of a Pilates person;)

miss_shimmy

callanetics is not like aerobics or callisthetics,callisthetics is based alott around gymnastics.and is nothing to do with callan.
,callanetics,is an excercise of its own.devised by cal;lan pinckney.based on ballet/bellydancing.is a series of light movements,none aerobic that work deep and work fast.
meditation with movement.

the results are fast

each to their own,this is what works for me

hugs and smiles

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

well going to the seaside today,had a huge sleep this morning,so will do my excercise session later,or i may just do some dancing,see how i feel.

have the best day ever

hugs

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

Thanks for the explanations :)

Amanda, I think it's a good idea of Yshka that you start a blog, lol.

miss_shimmy

hmmmmmmm

hey all,well what a lovely day it is today,a glorious day indeed :)

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

another hour

well there we go,another hour!!!wooohoooooooooooo!!!

I realy didnt feel like it after being a little ill,but once i got into it,my body naturally took over for me,all i had to do was tell it what i wanted it to do!

thankyou God for this body.

I was stronger than I realised,I am able to round the torso even more than i ever thought could be possible.
many movements were as always working very deep,but i seem to handle that better and better every time.

my belly button feels higher,my middle is pulled in even more,arms and legs,even though i am 5ft small (travel sized...lol ) they feel long and strong.

my neck has amazing strength too,and i noticed the beautiful shape the top of my arms are taking.

what realy helps me,is the amazing support i get from my family here at home,and you amazing people here at the boards.thankyou so very very very much.posting here helps me keep going,keeps me motivated.and i am so very greatful for that.

will be posting before and after pictures in no time at this rate!!
my eating habits yesterday werent so good,so back to today

hugs and huge thankx with smiles

amanda
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx​

Status
Not open for further replies.