Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

belly_dancer

ok.... I have been inspired.... by sstacy.... (& miss shimmy asking... what are your dance (fitness) goals today.. glad you are better by the way... but take it easy! (yeah right,... I have kids too... never a dull moment!!!))..
so MY dance goal for the day will be to practice for ONE WHOLE HOUR.... I never get to actually practice my own stuff anymore.... don't know how I will fit it in... as day is 1/2 over....(& work, kids, the man, all the usual EXCUSES!... ) but that is why it is a GOAL!!!!
a question.... how do YOU fit it all in Miss SHimmy (& others??)
AND who else will commit to the sstacy hour of daily dance????

sstacy123

No unfortunately there is not any place close by to get groceries...I live outside the city. Someone visiting from a neighboring state once called it an Andy Griffith town:lol: I am definately not a morning person but if there was a place I'd probably give it a shot...Numerous times I have planned on getting up in the morning before work and going to the gym...I think I can count the times I actually made it on one hand...

Well after I said I went everyday I didn't make it to practice today...was feeling very tired and bad headache but I've really be enjoying my practice time lately and would like to practice even more! Yeah without that pesky boyfriend I should have more time...Class is tomorrow.

Yeah we've been together about 2 years now...both of my birthdays we ended up in a fight, and last Val day I had school and we didn't see each other...argh. Although he had given me an early Val gift.

belly_dancer

yes sstacy..... use the time (while boy is being a dork!) to do stuff YOU want to do!!!! I did not get to fulfill my sstacy goal of dancing 1 hr.... grrrr.. life got in the way.... better get a LITTLE practice in today though... am dancing to a new song tonite!

miss_shimmy

aw venefica.8 ratties...............awwwwwwwwwwwwww,i am gonna try my rattie with pear and yoghurt,thankx for suggestion.
I am going easy on myself,thankx so much girls for wishing me better,still a little not quite right,but defo on the mend.
unfortunatley both boys have it now,jayke gets so scared when he can't breath through his nose,poor guy and finn,his nose is all red,his eyes and nose constantly watering,bless their souls.

well done on your hour a day stacey-fantastic:)

sounds like you are having a great time belly dancer,all the best for tonight.I am there cheering you on in spirit:)

hi there moon,love the avatar :)
oh no,not another cold,i hope it doesnt get so bad as the last one ((hugs)).
do all you can to get better.

well i managed to do my drills today.shortly i will do 15 minutes of callanetics and a little yoga.
starting new eating plan tomorrow,looking forward to that.
notr long to the jewel of yorkshire,a month tomorrow:shok:

hope you are all having a great weekend

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

What kind of new eating plan Miss Shimmy? I thought you were already eating healthy???

I like the new avatar too Moon.

Guess what ladies??? I finally went to the grocery store! Yea!!! Plenty of fruit and trying some new veggies... But goodness, groceries are sure expensive!

miss_shimmy

hiya stacy,i do eat healthy,and am always looking for ways of improving.
i found a place called ''sparkpeople'',they give you a daily food plan,so i am givig their plan a try.i start today.
its great as i am all nicely detoxed as i couldnt eat alott during the flu,so i can today start eating normally again,thank goodness for that!!

Free Diet Plans at SparkPeople

for veggies and fruit,i go for whats in season,then the price is reasonable,you can shop around too,different shops will have offers on,i love bargains!
i need to shop for mine tomorrow,using frozen today,i have them in for back up.

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

Moon

Thanks for the compliments about my avatar ladies :D It's quite an old picture though, only 19 years old there hahah!
I'm feeling better now. Stayed in bed and watched tv almost all day yesterday. Didn't feel like eating at all. Today is much better :)

Sorry to hear your sons are ill now miss Shimmy. I hope they'll be well again soon. I also hate it when I can't breath through my nose...

Stacy, great you bought fruits and veggies! :clap:
I don't eat seasons fruits and veggies myself :( (Though some fruits are just not for sale in winter so I have to). I don't really like winter veggies. So boring and so.. winter-like. I need stuff that reminds me of summer once in a while, otherwise it's so depressing :confused:.

sstacy123

Wow and the plan is free...I once paid...I don't remember how much it was now, but a nice little sum to get a diet plan online...I'll have to look closer at it and I'm sure you'll let us know how it goes.

Ooh I had a sewing book and I think it tells you how to take measurements so I'll try to do that either tonight or tomorrow.

Today we're going out to eat to celebrate my cousin' s birthday...buffet...Ugh too much food...

miss_shimmy

hiya girls :)

well first day on this sparkpeople eating plan is just wonderful.i am enjoying it.
yey!!

stacy,you are sounding much brighter,enjoy yourself at your cousins birthday too.

moon,good one for taking care of yourself,you can always puyt your oils in a steamy bowl or bath too.

thankx for the well wishes for the boys,thankfully they aren't as knocked out as i was,being ill sucks.they are in the bedroom,getting pampered,watching all their fave movies:)

i have alott of energy today,though still going easy,last night was a good nights sleep,and all of us slept late this morning,with no disturbances..yey!:)

so goals for today have been achieved.i am now gradually catching up on work,housework and such,just filled my mp3 player up with my fave bellydancing tracks :)

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

oh no

oh no madeline,i hope you feel better soon.
i a almost fully recovered,finn s better today,just jaykey to go now,he will be 3 on friday,i am praying he will be better for his birthday treats :)

goals today:

* 15 minutes callanetics
* dance

i got lots done yesterday i did:

* 1 hour callanetics
* 50 minutes dance
* 20 minutes yoga

and it felt natural,wasnt to much effort.

whats our goals today?

moon and madeline,i hope those colds dont stay around for too long,lots of water to flush the cold bug out,vit c,ginger and lemon,soup,rest and good movies.

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Venefica

Well wishes to eeryone that is sick. I hope you all get better soon.

Did your rattis like yogurt whit pear Miss Shimmy? All of them is different and what one like not everyone else will like.

miss_shimmy

hiya venefica,how are you doing?

i havnt tried my litrtle ratti guy with the pear and yoghurt yet,i can later when hubby brings shopping home,i think he will love it,he is the type of ratti to eat anything tasty,my last 2 rats,they were brothers,they were very fussy eaters.
but this little guy,he loves his home,loves his food.he had a bad start to life,he only has half of his top lip as he was attacked by the other rats.he is very settled with us now.he is very cute and handsome.

my waist is down from 36 to a 34-feels great to be comfy in my jeans.

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

I had a real bad day Friday but the rest of the weekend I felt good. It's always easier to feel good when I'm not at work though!

Just having some water and a banana and will have some cereal in just a moment. I am going to do well today!

Venefica

Miss Shimmy, i am doing well thank you, though it is a bit of a slow day now. Most of the 8 rats eat anything, thouhg little Loki is a little bit reserved. he is so cute, he even have a bit of hanging ears, like if they never propary pointed up on his head, makes him look like a real tiny dog sort of.

stacy, how are you doing, i hope you are doing well. Yes somtimes stressing work days can be hard.

sstacy123

I'm doing well Venefica, thank you. I just need to find more time to sqeeze more practice in...trying to learn a choreography.

Maybe I'm not meant to me measured...so like I said I'd finally found my tape measure out in the trunk but I remembered there was one in my mother's sewing kit also so I never got mine out of the trunk...so this morning I was going to measure myself and guess what...my mother's tape measure is not there...eh...

Oh, I had NO sodas yesterday...just water! So far none today.

Babylonia

Very good not drinking soda. I'm addicted to diet Pepsi. I give it up for a couple of days then I always relapse. I've been drinking caffiene free for a few years now so it's not that . I sometimes think it's the bubbles. Maybe I should try Perrier or something like that.

Moon

Cola just tastes too delicious, it's unbelievable (especially vanilla coca cola, omg). I used to drink a glass every night, but not anymore. I just buy a bottle sometimes now.

belly_dancer

hey Sstacy... regarding soda...think about your teeth:D .... if you drop a tooth in a bottle of soda... it will disolve overrnight!!!!! eeeekkkkk
try & think about THAT every time you want a soda (& what is it dissolving on the INSIDE of us??)

Status
Not open for further replies.