Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

AliPies

Alipies,your energy is radiant,I feel like skipping along and shopping for the dvd with you.let me know how you get on,and if I can be of any help in anyway.

love and shimmies all round

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)
I can't find a callanetics dvd in any of the stores :( And I don't have a credit card so it'd be tough to buy one online :( Oh well. I'll keep looking :) I love your hair!!

miss_shimmy

hi alipies

aw so sad you didnt find callan today,are you able to order from any of the stores?you never know.
I sent you a pm:)

so,is that you in your avatar?

I am so happy you love my hair,you sure know how to make a friend feel good:)

Cool! My show's on November 11. I am terrible with dress sizes, but basically I'm trying to be at a BMI <23. I've read that although <25 is considered normal, between 23 and 21 is considered ideal. So 23 or less is my goal

you can do it Elena:)cant wait to see/hear of your progress,are you changing your eating habits?dance/excercising more?
whats your plan?

hugs

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

Last edited:

AliPies

aw so sad you didnt find callan today,are you able to order from any of the stores?you never know.
I sent you a pm:)

so,is that you in your avatar?

I am so happy you love my hair,you sure know how to make a friend feel good

hugs

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

:D I'm so excited for my DVD!! Mhmm, that's me. Your hair is just really super awesome! :D <333333

miss_shimmy

hour 15

Hi Alipies(((((hugs)))).

I hope you are well today.

I did another hour this morning,it went realy well,I felt so very strong.:) I am tempted to take more pikkies:)

I noticed a huge difference in myu legs and arms,they look realy long and slender and are gaining feminine but strong definition.and my clothes feel looser on me too.the goosh is going,I have all my next size down clothes ready to fit right into them:)

I am dancing each morning and evening on most days,I am sure that helps alott.

hugs and smiles

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:p

AliPies

Hey Miss Shimmy! I'm WONDERFUL! I found 2 more belly dancing DVDs! I hope you're doing twice as wonderful!
Oh awesome! Take more pictures then! Cool cool cool. It's so neat that you've found something that works so well! I can't wait to get rid of my goosh, there's way way too much. I try and dance twice a day too :)

miss_shimmy

ooh

hey alipies :)

thats great,what dvds did you find?thats awesome that you are dancing twice a day,keep it up much as you can!I am just waiting on my racheal brice dvd...so exited!!

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:)

miss_shimmy

live your dream

YOU CAN LIVE YOUR DREAM

You have to make your own opportunities.
Your future is not a matter of chance.
It's a matter of the choices you make.
It's not something you wait for.
It's something you must actively pursue.

Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities.
Seize common occasions and make them great.
Opportunity can come disguised in the form of misfortune,
or temporary defeat.

Start today, right where you are.
Distant fields will always appear greener.
Yet, golden opportunities are all around you.

Scimitar_Moon

you can do it Elena:)cant wait to see/hear of your progress,are you changing your eating habits?dance/excercising more?
whats your plan?

I am doing the South Beach diet, which involves not eating pasta, bread, sweets, etc. Basically it's all about lean protein and vegetables. I've been going to the gym doing weight training and running, and school, work, and rehearsals for the show take care of the rest.

I'm half a pound away from the 10-pound mark !!! How much have you lost?

miss_shimmy

hi

good morning all,started the day with callanetics and dance,prepares me for the day ahead!at the moment I am doing an autumn challenge with 2 friends,we are doing as much excercise/dance as we can each day.its so motivating!!

I am doing the South Beach diet, which involves not eating pasta, bread, sweets, etc. Basically it's all about lean protein and vegetables. I've been going to the gym doing weight training and running, and school, work, and rehearsals for the show take care of the rest.

sounds like you are doing great!so close to your goal..well done!

well I am not weighing myself,I am going by measuring myself and what clothes size I am!!!I am a size 12,a comfortable 12,my aim is a size 8.I am 5ft small,how tall are you?

I got rachel brice's tribal fusion bellydance today,I am so exited to be incorporating that into my usual routine.

I will try fit it in middle of the day when the little one is sleeping.:)

so yes,all is going grandly,the more i excercise/dance,the more energy I have,which i realy need .

hope you girls are happy and well

yours in dance

:)

AliPies

Oh my goodness! You are BRAVE! I would never be able to do that :( Pasta bread and sweets are my favorite :( Oh wow! That's AWESOME! I've lost about 5 pounds, which isn't too great, but I feel better when I tell myself I'm gaining tummy muscles from all this dancing.

Miss Shimmy: Gah. I wish I was a size 12 :( I'm 5'6"-5'7" (I haven't measured in ages) and definitly not a size 12 :( Ooooooh, is the DVD totally amazing? It looked really really cool.

Moon

Not eating at all also helps, but it's not healthy.

I sure believe it works, but is it really healthy? (just curious)

Scimitar_Moon

Yes, it's pretty healthy. I have done my research, plus the doctor that developed it (Dr. Agatston) is from the Medical School of my school (Univ. of Miami). Eventually you do incorporate some carbohydrates in your diet, such as whole wheat bread, wheat wraps, fruit, etc. But that's in order to maintain your weight, in order to lose it you have to put them aside until you reach your target weight.

Basically the idea is to get you energy from protein rather than carbs, since the caloric exchange is the same (4 cal/gram) and it metabolizes slower, and doesn't give you the spikes and drops in blood sugar that refined sugars cause. So protein (and eventually "good" carbs) are your fuel of choice.

You're also expected to watch your fat intake, despite carbs being the main focus. That's why the SBD is not strictly low-carb, like Atkins, which is all against carbs, but it lets you eat a stick of butter if you like. That's unhealthy. SBD is all about timing, and knowing what carbs to eat and when.

Miss shimmy:

I'm 5'5", and right now I can squeeze into size 9 jeans on a good day. I'm aiming for ~10 pounds less.

I went running today, and I was able to do 4 laps straight without stopping! I was surprised, since I've had a very bad cold for the past 3 weeks and I've been coughing a lot. But working out makes me feel better, I wanna get back into a routine, since I've been neglecting the gym since I caught this cold.
Also I'm performing on Sunday, so I'm hoping to lose an extra 1-2 pounds by then :-D.

Take care,

~Elena

Mair

Hey AliPies, five pounds IS great. Of course it depends on how long you've been working at it, but when it really comes down to it, five pounds is a pretty significant amount. Think, five more pounds (or maybe less, depending on how much you exercise and how much muscle you gain), and you've lost a full dress size.

How's it going, Miss Shimmy? :D I've been eyeing Rachel Brice's DVD for a while, let me know what you think of it.

miss_shimmy

rachel brice

hi girls :) lovely to hear from you all,sounds like you are all happy and well.

with rachel brice,tribal fusion I started last night before bed.
I realy enjoyed it,will take a little adjusting and getting used to of course like anything new.
But I am so happy it came and I am able to intergrate it into my routine.
I did 20 minutes of callanetics and then half an hour of dance today,realy enjoyed it.
I have no doubt in myself at all,and you know,some days I have been so tired,but I have still kept to my routine,to my promise to myself.
I commend myself for that.

"Dancers are the athletes of God." ~Albert Einstein

so for me rachels dvd is perfect,realy it depends what you are looking for,theres lots of yoga and some dance,I will have better feedback whehn I been practising with her a little longer.

:)

Babylonia

Scimitar_Moon: Well you got me interested in The South Beach Diet so I put the book as well as the cookbooks on hold at the library.

AliPies: Don't worry about pounds as much as measurements, clothes fitting and most important how you feel

Miss Shimmy: I have a copy of that dvd but haven't tried it yet, I haven't been able to watch it all the way through because of family members interupting:mad: but it might be good for the PM. I want to work on isolations and flexibility so I'm hoping this dvd helps.

Gabi

Scimitar_Moon: Well you got me interested in The South Beach Diet so I put the book as well as the cookbooks on hold at the library.

AliPies: Don't worry about pounds as much as measurements, clothes fitting and most important how you feel

Miss Shimmy: I have a copy of that dvd but haven't tried it yet, I haven't been able to watch it all the way through because of family members interupting:mad: but it might be good for the PM. I want to work on isolations and flexibility so I'm hoping this dvd helps.

I have and use that one too. It's great for either doing full out or daily quickies that help sharpen the moves.

sedoniaraqs

No bread at all? How can that be good for the digestion system???

Humans have existed most of their evolutionary existance without bread. Our digestive systems evolved without bread, sugar, or other refined carbs. Starchy or sweet foods like roots, fruits, and wild grains would have been eated in only very small amounts prior to the advent of agriculture, which depending upon the culture, would have been only a few thousand years ago.

For many people, the average American diet has way to many carbs, not to mention "bad" carbs. Bread is a huge insulin load. Whole wheat bread is only a little better and still a huge insulin load, given the serving sizes most people indulge in. A heavy refined carb diet along with the wrong fats is why adult-onset diabetes is epidemic.

Paleolithic humans ate mostly green plant stuff and meat. The south beach diet is pretty close to this.

Sedonia

Status
Not open for further replies.