Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

Callanetics is a series of small, gentle, precise motions consistently applied that activate the body's largest most powerful muscles to quickly tighten hips, buttocks, inner and outer thighs; flatten the tummy; lift the bust and firm underarms and tone the entire body. It will also dramatically improve your posture. You will feel the difference after one hour and most people actually see a difference after two hours. By following the simple 60 minute Callanetics workout twice a week, the body you always dreamed about is only hours away.

gosh i missed you all,felt liek i was away for so long!
some yummy food listed here...mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:)

keeping food simple,having fruit rather than chocolate and still drinking loads of water.
my routine,i am much more focused on that,i now have a set daily routine,makes me feel nice and grounded/focused:)

miss_shimmy

well its what i started when i was overweight and untrained.
thing with callanetics,is its gentle,and its something you ease into.
callan teaches you to listen to your body.

for me callanetics gave me strength so i could start dancing.I was very over weight.a uk size 22,and i am a mere 5ft small.
I am now a size 12,alott fitter,stronger and longer.
I am in my first year of dance,about 8 mnths in.

I now do supercallanetics,along with my other activities.if many of you would have seen me 2 years ago,i was certainly nowhere close to the person I am today.:)

so yes,I realy think it can help you if you are willing to give it a shot.
I asked my sister to try just ten hours...which is one or two sessions each week.I said if she hated it after ten hours she can punish me...LOL...she is still losing weight,toning and dancing :)

Venefica

I have a doctors order, I need to loose weight now or become sick. I weigh 128 kg witch is aboute 256 pounds. I am 170 cm tall. I am doing bellydancing, and smal walks as well as changing my diet, but I am interested in trying more things to. Especialy things that thighten the skin so I dont ahve to operate away loose skin when I get thin.

miss_shimmy

well thats great motivation.:)
the callan has been good for me as its even pulling in my loose kangaroo skin from having the babies.its a gradual thing ofg course,took just a year to lose my main lot of weight..
i still have a little to go,but nothing like it was...i think the best to do,whichever way you choose is to start slowly and build up,dont be too hard on yourself..i think its great that you have found dance,and here,this family here is amazing,they are so rich with support,help and advice...

Venefica

Yes bellydance realy make the calories fly, and it is easy on my joints. I might also give that training program of yours a go, it sounds interesting. i will see if I get hold of it in Norway if not I might order a video or a book the next time I order somthing from USA. Norway is not the biggest on having alot avilable. Thanks for the encuraging words, it is wery nice of you.

I am also thinking aboute starting up a weight loss diary. I can write up what I eat and how mutch I train, what is dificult and how mutch weight I loose. It might be og help to see acomplishments.

belly_dancer

venefica- yes a weight loss joiurnal is an excellent idea.... I always lose weight when I FAITHFULLY record all that I eat (maybe it makes you more aware of all that you eat without really noticing???? or maybe I decide NOT to eat something, cause I am too lazy to write it down????:rolleyes: ) .... plus it is interesting to notice what/when/why you eat, & after abt 2 weeks you can start noticing patterns, & then make a "plan" to change them!

Venefica

Yes and it is then more easy to remember to east smal meals often to, I often forget breakfast and lunch and eat a huge dinner and that is not good for the weight. :naghty:

miss_shimmy

good morning all:)

ooh yes,skipping meals is not good at all.
i feel at my best when i eat litttle and often.

Thanks for the encuraging words, it is wery nice of you.

I am exited for you,your life is about to take a huge change and you are sharing it with us...awesome!

well i managed to get to bed earlier,so i was awake earlier today...yipeeeeee!
starting the day with a nice peppermint tea.

love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Venefica

Thank you. :D

As for going to bed early and getting up early, not likely to happen. I sit up all night and sleep half the day, or have a tendency to and that go well since I have studies that I do on my own time.

miss_shimmy

I know what you mean,its easier for me to be a nightowl than an early bird,though my days need to be long so I can fit in all I need to do with the rest of the family,the boys are only small so they need alott of attention.

did my workout this morning,have eaten well so far,need to drink much much more water.
had a great walk out in the snow.my eldest boy could hardly contain himself he was so happy to see the snow had come :)

bellydance with Rachel Brice dvd is next on the agenda,that will be this afternoon.

love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Venefica

I am lucky there. I have a flexible sceduele, I dont have children so as long as I get myself to the store to by food and let out the cat I can sleep as long as I want, but you could say I have a bit unhealty day rythem.

miss_shimmy

well to be honest the children inspire me,they wake up all full of smiles,so I am practising doing the same.and i feel amazing when I have had a full day.
I am homeschooling the boys,so we are able to make a routine that suits everyone thankfully.

:)

just getting prepared for my session with Rachel Brice :)

lots of love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Venefica

I cant have children, well thecnicaly I can but i and my fiancee have over 60 percent chance of getting an autistic child so we are thinking we better not.

Venefica

Dont be sorry. If we would want children at one point we can always adopt or somthing like that. But for now I like my freedom. But I am getting a nice or nephew next month. :D

sstacy123

well I checked into Fast Food Nation, the local library has ordered a copy of it so once they get it in I will check it out...I did happen to catch the docu Supersize Me, it was interesting but really didn't change any of my feelings towards fast food, didn't seem like anything revolutionary.

My schedule lately has been so hectic I'm having trouble working in the exercise I was wanting to start working in. I haven't done anything (except bellydance) since the ab work I did last week...:( I could do it this evening but I've been in desperate need of some sleep and that is important too so I'm going to bed early tonight...I mean it...this time.

miss_shimmy

ooh venefica,a new niece or nephew...how exiting...I hope you will share the news when he/she is born!! :)

hi there stacy,what is ''fast food nation''?I too could ask at my library for it.

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

sstacy123

Well I'm assuming it is the video form of the book Belly Dancer mentioned on page 24. I could read the book but I already have other books in line and if I get the video I can multi task and do other things that I have to do. I find it harder to multitask while reading...The description said something about some secret ingredient a man finds out about in the food and he goes investigating??? Something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.