Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstacy123

LOL, well they had that on the Mythbuster's and I thought it was at least 2 or 3 nights...:D I don't think I'll ever cut them out totally...doesn't seem like there are many lo cal alternatives but I know I definately need to cut back and think I needed to avoid them for a while to get out of the habit. Fruit juices tend to be high in calories. Anyone know any tasty alternatives (I do have crystal light)

belly_dancer

LOL, well they had that on the Mythbuster's and I thought it was at least 2 or 3 nights...:D I don't think I'll ever cut them out totally...doesn't seem like there are many lo cal alternatives but I know I definately need to cut back and think I needed to avoid them for a while to get out of the habit. Fruit juices tend to be high in calories. Anyone know any tasty alternatives (I do have crystal light)

we did this in middle school science (probably before you were born!!!)
& the tooth was not totally gone... but the outside enamel was (the shiny part) & the remainder just crumbled!!!! it was totally gross!
I believe we used straight up cocacola!

belly_dancer

oops.. forgot.. tasty alternatives.... I found w/ MY ADDICTION (YES I ADMIT IT!!!!:pray: ) COFFEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
that (sometimes!) if I just have something HOT & liquid... (tea which I am not too fond of, but can tolerate!) that keeps me from my 2nd, (& 3rd!, etc!!) cup of coffee!...
w/ soda, I would try sparkling water.... or do you drink it for the caffeine???
maybe iced tea, if you can stand no sweetener!!.. or cold water w/ lemon squeezed in is very refreshing on a hot day!!!

Venefica

Good luck whit the choreography Miss Shimmy.

I have not eaten any candy to day at all, I often can not help myself but eat a little bit, but nothing to day. Can be becouse my fiancee found some resherch rapport that your cells turn to a caramel like substance when you eat to mutch sugar and that lead to aging. Eeew, I do not want to be a caramel inside.

Like most Aspergers I can nto drink diet soda, the artificial sweetener is dangeorus to us. Orange juise is my big sin whit it come to what I drink. I can just easaly get all my luiquid a day from orange juise. Now a bit of juise is good for the body, but to mutch give to mutch fruit sugar and make you to sour inside.

sstacy123

Yeah I'm not too big on hot drinks...I meant to mention that. I like them okay but in my daily life I don't drink them too much. I do drink iced tea, not without sweetner, I use spenda. No, no lemon not a fan of that (too much lemon isn't good on teeth either!). I was born in 1980...

miss_shimmy

hi girls,great to finally get here,since i ben better theres been so much to catch upon.though i managed to eat well and to do callanetics,yoga and dance.
ihave just started my teacher training for callanetics,so thats taking tiime too.

hows everyone doing?i have had lots of fun with dance drills,and my cards,did you make any cards yet venefica?

love and light

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

Wow, you're getting certified in Callanetics? That's great! Is it like a correspondence course? I'm thinking about getting a fitness certification so i might have an easier time getting possible jobs teaching bellydance. I don't have any lined up but in the future I'd like to try.

I totally pigged out on chocolates yesterday. It was yummy but I'm sure in a couple of days from now when my pants are a little tighter I'll regret my indulgences. :cool:

I've been a little under the weather but I'm hoping to be back on track by Monday. :)

Venefica

Hi Miss Shimmy.

No not yet, I should get on whit it realy, it might be benefical both to my dancing and my heath, I am thinking little cards whit a bellydance movement or a short series of movement and then doing that 10 times everytime i draw a card.

I hope your training go well and that you resive your certificate as a teatcher soon Miss Shimmy. I think you will be a good intructor.

miss_shimmy

hi girls,lovely to hear from you((hugs)).

good luck with the cards V,sounds like you have a great plan there.
I have been doing drills every night,then finishing with three cards.the jewel of yorkshire is not so far away,i am so exited!!

have you been to a workshop before?

yes I will be a callanetics teacher,I just want to have the option to teach you see.
when I do I would like to give private lessons.when callan first started she gave lessons in her home from 6am onwards,she was like putting cream on her face whilst watching her students from her mirrors.how casual is that!!:shok: :)

thankyou so much for your support by the way:) :D

ah you had a chocolate day babylonia,good for you,it always amazes me how what you eat instantly adds extra weight on!!!i had some chips the other day and chocolate and wine all in ione day...LOL,I accepted it as a ''free''day.
and the extra weight instantly piled on..a moment on the lips,a lifetime on the hips(unless you do callanetics or bellydance or such things...LOL)

well,tis my bedtime,its jaykeys birthday tomorrow-he will be a whole 3..awwww!!!!i hope and pray the day runs smooth and sweetly.

love and blessings

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

Aww, 3 is such a cute age! Give him a big birthday hug and kiss from me!

I'm so glad you're going to JOY. I've taken a couple of worshops. One was a worshop on shimmies and I took one with Jillina. We did some choreography and a drum solo. The shimmy worshop was about 2 hours and the Jillina was about 5 not including a break for lunch. There's alot of workshops going on down here but I've been broke. :( We have Spirit of the Tribes coming (with Rachel Brice whose classes will no doubt be full) but I might go there to check out costumes.
I also did a workshop on entances and exits.

I think you'll make a great teacher and having a home studio is a marvelous idea. How long will it take you to get certified?

Venefica

Happy brithday to your little son. :clap:

I haved desided to begin training pilates, i have two DVDs and I going to try to do one program a week whit that.

Chocholate is not good for us, buy my my is it good. :shok:

belly_dancer

YES .... misss S... I am interested too abt the callenetics certification... I remember callenetics from WAY back (so have been lurking since I found this thread!).....
YEARS ago when my 1st child was a newborn, I hurt my back, & some progressive doctor (esp. for back then!) recommended the callenetics video as a way to stengthen my back with GENTLE yet powerful exercise..
my favorite part of the video was the timelapse of the woman's butt "shrinking" IN & UP:lol:
is that still on the video????..
need to find that video again.... my butt could use it....

esp. after said 1st child's birthday party...(just this past weekend!) the chocolate/the cheesecake/the wine!! (she is now 22 & way over legal!!!) that was my "free day".... (or days... just couldn't bring myself to throw away left over cheesecake!!!!!!)
so happy birthday to ALL the children! big & small!

& here's to getting back on my veggie binge...
& my sstacy goal of 1 hr a day... or at this rate would be happy with 1/2 hour:confused:

miss_shimmy

good morning beautiful dancers,madeline,are you feeling better?
thankyou so much for the birthday wishes for jaykey,i will give him them in form of kisses and hugs:)

yes 6 mnths for the callanetics course,its quite intense and a little pricey but hopefully worth it.

aw bellydancer,did you have a great birthday celebration?
yes the butt part is still on the video,its amazing how fast and carefully callanetrics sculpts the body-are you still doing your callanetics bellydancer?

venefica,congrats on the decision with the pilates,you are gonna do greatly with thatr.well,time is pushing on,i could go out in my disney nighty,we are going to disney shop..lol,we gonna see what gives jayke the biggest wow;)

wish you were here,stay beautiful

ms
xxxxxxxxx

Moon

Happy birthday to your son, miss Shimmy :D
and congratulations, I'm sure you'll be a great teacher.

I didn't do too well yesterday. Lot's of chocolate (from valentine's day) and fries (chips for the uk people) with mayonaise for lunch :rolleyes:
Well at least I also ate two kiwis ;)

Had dance lesson yesterday but unfortunately we didn't dance much because everyone wanted to see the video of the performances from the party of a few weeks ago... It was nice to see the performances again but I'd rather danced some more as the lesson was canceled last week and next week there won't be a lesson because of stupid carnaval :(

Venefica

Thank Miss Shimmy. Pilates sounds fun. My current plans for training is aboute 20 min og bellydance a day and a program of Pilates once a week and a little material arts. I have not desided between Tai Chi and few other whenever I have the time. And let us see if I get thin. :D

Babylonia

Venefica: I've been taking tai chi for a couple of months and I really enjoy it.

Miss Shimmy: How do they test you? Is there a written exam or do you send them a video of your form? It'll be worth it I'm sure. ;) Hope Jayke has a wonderfully special day.

Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend full of dance and love.

sstacy123

I've been trying to add even more practice time...I came into work early yesterday and danced about 45 minutes and then the hour at lunctime...

Trying to figure out what to do with my life I thought about being a fitness trainer or nutritionist since it's something that is always on the mind anyway...I never have made any kind of decision. I'll probably continue being a secretary.:(

Some of the girls including the instructor went to a Persian resturant last night where rotating members of the troupe perform. I went and had the mixed grill, beef, chicken, lamb, shrimp...but dont worry I didn't eat all of it! It was fun I just hate I'm always the quiet one...

Status
Not open for further replies.