Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstacy123

It's the veil choreography that we've been working on in class...she gave us the option of that or what we'd worked on the previous six weeks which was a drum solo...I think I might have preferred to do the drum solo but the other girls wanted to do the veil but either is good...I haven't really got too nervous yet, but I'm sure once the time comes it will be bad...this whole bd stuff is just not normal for me and my personality...but that is one reason I wanted to do it!

Babylonia

Hi, I hope everyone is having a wonderful week.
Well, I returned from my beach vacation very ill. I thik the hotel had mold that triggered my asthma. It started of with a little congestion and by Saturday night I had a full blown asthma attack. There were a few seconds where I couldn't catch my breath and I had my husband take me to the ER. So I spent Easter Sunday and Monday in the hospital. :( I'm home now and on meds and my family is taking good care of me.
Although it was almost impossible to get any rest at the hospital getting poked and prodded I'd like to say that the nurses were wondeful. The doctors might get all the money and adulation but these women are what makes it all work and they do all the work.:clap:
Well, I must go and I'll just dream of dancing for now. Love to all.:)

miss_shimmy

gosh babylonia,I know how that kind of attack feels,I am so grateful that the hospital has helped you,I am so sorry you had to go through that (((hugs))).

I am finally back on track,got an hour of callan and an hour of dance done last night :)

miss_shimmy

dancers litany

My dancers litany

* i love to dance,I love to sing,it is very natural for me
* i am a great dancer and singer
* i always think and talk positively
* i expect to feel pressure and thats ok as i can handle it
* i am confident,relaxed and focused when i dance and sing
* i always work my hardest with each day and each session
* i will be the best dancer i can be,the best singer i can be
* i am grateful of my body and treat it with upmost respect and gratitude

miss_shimmy

i am so exited for my sunday night performance,i am not containing it,its magical,i am so grateful to God!!
I cannot wait to meet the others,to meet the crew from ''every child''charity,to be a part of this event is so very heart warming.

I feel so much more confident than I used to with myself and my body,dancing has realy helped so very much with my confidence,its like my shield

thankyou God.

I got a new dvd today,so much more intense which is just what I need.my others are amazing in other ways,this one is particularly good for belly rolls and undulations.I cannot wait to have a try of it later tonight

tonight is 15 minutes of callanetics and then new dance dvd :)

Moon

Good for you miss Shimmy! :clap:

Are you going to perform tribal?
I hope it will be a wonderful experience!

And if someone makes pictures, don't forget to post them ;)

miss_shimmy

thankx moon,it will be the first time i have danced tribal to my own music,I am so exityed!!:)

oh pikkies will be posted!!!

belly_dancer

which dvd miss SSSSS??
how cool for you...
you are soooo inspirational, I want to choke you (in a good way!!!!... is that a hug???)

miss_shimmy

my gosh,the support you beautiful dancers give me is priceless..lol you may choke me,long as its after sunday event..LOL

the dvd,I tried it,wow,what a great dvd!!!its tribal fusion NYC with Darshan,wow she amazes me!!
I managed to do it all and well,my body is thanking me right now..LOL.

she inspires me as much as RBee does actually,I am so glad i took a chance and tried out a dvd i never heard before.

Darshan and sera's dvd's are the ones I am most happy with right now as they are the most challenging,I will bring back Rbee's dvd I think,they are simular but different.
I am so exited to have found the style I am comfortable with,despite there being no teachers or tribes here I WILL DANCE!!!!!ha ha.

I am so exited at my goals,which basically is to make my music visual.its a beautiful challenge,one I am incredibly grateful to God for.

I am so bursting with energy!!!!!:)

Moon

Dancing on your own music, isn't that the coolest thing?

I have a horrible voice though, no dance will even make that sound right :lol:

Today I got some pictures of the performance, I thought I'd post them here. They might look a little strange because I cut off the other dancers and the photographer mostly made pictures when we were doing slow movements so it might look as if I'm standing still, but I hope you'll still like them:

charity

wow moon, you are so very pretty, more like gorgeous. nice pics.

miss_shimmy i was going to get the darshan dvd too but i wasnt quite sure if i needed more beginner dvds..

Moon

aawww thanks that's so sweet!

Well I must admit I only took the nice pics, lol! There was also one made before the performance where I burst out laughing and I look like I don't have an iq at all :redface:

belly_dancer

moon... you are tooo cute!!!!
& sooo young... will try to post my fav photo of recent (not flattering, but way fun!!! whheeeeee...) ok .. tried to drag a photo in... did not work... I am retarded when it comes to computers.... sorry girls... any suggestions?? (I have a mac)...

miss_shimmy

ah moon,them piks are priceless,you are so beautiful,you look very graceful
bellytaz,you wanna email your piks to email me your piks and I can lob them up here for these beautiful dancers to see?
last post before i set off tomorrow,bright and early for my train.i am a mix of nerves and exitment,I know once i get there,all will come so very naturally,i love performing,i believe its one of the things i was born to do.

see ya monday :)

thankx again for your support,you are such beauties

love always

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Moon

I love you all! :dance:

Me young? Hahah maybe I tell that to one of my "fellow dancers" who last year said I looked older than 21, just before we had to perform :protest: Well I'm 22 now.

Good luck on your performance miss Shimmy! Have a wonderful day!

sstacy123

well Miss Shimmy it will be too late by the time you read this but I wish you well on your performance...

and Moon your make up looked nice.:)

Gabi

Dancing on your own music, isn't that the coolest thing?

I have a horrible voice though, no dance will even make that sound right :lol:

Today I got some pictures of the performance, I thought I'd post them here. They might look a little strange because I cut off the other dancers and the photographer mostly made pictures when we were doing slow movements so it might look as if I'm standing still, but I hope you'll still like them:

Moon !!! You are lovely and I particularly find your hair stunning. Great pics, g

Status
Not open for further replies.