Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstacy123

last night

Ooh last night I got to see Raquy and the Cavemen with Sirqus of Jreams dancing...it was much fun...

Doing bad on my diet but keeping my weight okay so I'm happy with that.

Venefica

I think CC is credit cards.

Thank you Babylonia :)

Oh the money do fly out and everything cost. I hope you get the BD stuff you want though Stacy.

I hope everyone is feeling well today.

sstacy123

Well I did order a sword...the most expensive one...:rolleyes: I hope I don't regret it...I wrote my teacher an email asking did it matter what I got and she hasn't replied so I hope that won't be a problem...I'm very excited to get it. But I think I will not look at any BD vendor sites so I don't find something I want...and I'm nervous reading these boards someone might mention something and I get the idea and start wanting it...that has got to be the last purchase for a while....

Venefica

Are you sure it is wise to order such a sword online. I dont meant to sound negative or insult you. But often the quality of stuff one get online varies and is it not so that such a sword need pretty good balance? I mean if you are going to balance it on your head. Ofcourse you might have bouth it from a quality website.

sstacy123

I would have much preferred to pick a sword out in person but there is no place near where I live to buy one...I don't know where the nearest place is but my best guess is at leat 2.5 hours over in Atlanta, Georgia...and I'm too chicken to drive to Atlanta by myself (and I really woulnd't want to even if I had someone to go with me)...Mobile, Alabama might have a place but that is 4 hours away... I ordered from Saroyan which seems to have a good reputation.

belly_dancer

saroyan is way expensive..... but my 3 (yes THREE!) favorite swords are saroyan!!! (& unlike costumes, they will not wear out... had my unchromed one for abt 10-11 years now.... my chromed ones I got used abt 6 years ago.... they are probably 20 years old!) are yours notched...? really keeps 'em from sliding....

sstacy123

Yeah, I really wasn't wanting to spend that much but with limited feedback on the topic (and being too excited to wait to see if more information would come my way) I went with what seemed safest. It is notched...I'm very excited to get it...:D

Babylonia

I'm sure your sword will be great since they are an established company. It's fun to get stuff in the mail too. :D A sword is on my wish list along with a pair of Isis wings.;)

belly_dancer

I would totally reccommend a Saroyan sword if your ONLY option is online...
you will for SURE get what you are looking for... (a DANCING sword that is well balanced)... sometimes I have run across other swords that will "work" for our purposes... but those are hit & miss... & would have to be "tested" in person (which is always fun I might add!!!!.... the looks on the faces of the"normals" out there! hehehehe)

miss_shimmy

hi there girls,

oh i have missed you so much((Hugs)))

I found my mum after many years,it kinda took me on a whirl,though all is going well.

V it has been so long!!!!I am so happy to see you back.

ooh dancing with a sword,thats gonna be amazing!!!!!

callanetics:

Callanetics UK  Exercise for everyone

Callanetics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Callanetics

hope these links help!!!

I am preparing for a production in the autumn,i wish you girls could be here.
i am so exited about it.

I am getting deep into tribal these days,practising daily with saturday as my rest day.

love to all

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Wiggly

Goals

:think: :) Hi
My goals:today and everyday

To try and do 70 situps

weight lifting to sort my arms out

leg excercises to sort inner thigh out, practise my tummy roll things
and practise some dances

feeling a bit tired today though, went hiking over the weekend walked about 7miles, not that far I know, but with a three year old, that I ended up carrying about 3 of those (I knew I would have too though), camping and hardly slept because during the night, wind got up and I kept thinking the tent was taking off. It was FUN though!!!!
So it doesn't matter, just got to motivate myself.

Does any one know any good excercises that work for a baby pouch and upper portion of abdonmen, inner thigh and upper arms?

Thanks Miss Shimmy, will look at those callentics sites.

Have a good day.:dance:
Wiggly

miss_shimmy

ooh some great goals there wiggley!!:)

I did callanetics stretching this morning,feels great.
The only thing that has pulled in my pouch is this combined wiggly:

* callanetics
* eating well
* bellydabce

I thank the callanetics for working its magic mainly,makes me so strong and
pulls me in,sculpts my body!

and my under arms are so toned,i used to have wings!!!:shok:

you can see some of the callanetics excercises here:

Bodylicious: 15 minute workout

love and shimmies

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Babylonia

This morning I have tai chi and I'm going to make time for some dance, I'll put on some music and do some improv. :cool:

sstacy123

Glad to have you back Miss Shimmy....glad things are going well with your mum.

I haven't got my sword yet...still waiting...you're right Babylonia it is so much fun to get stuff in the mail...I was ordering so much stuff for a while there when I finally no longer had anything coming I sure felt sad...:( My best practice is at work...I wonder if I bring the sword to work will I scare all the people?

Goals...not too good, just not to eat too much :) I'm finally reading Fast Food Nation...and I'm really about to make it back to the gym-but not today:) I think there maybe a yoga class on Wednesdays I'd like to join...

Moon

Sstacy said:
I wonder if I bring the sword to work will I scare all the people?

Be carefull, I know guns are allowed in the US but I don't know about swords. I know a story from some guy in the Netherlands who owned sword and once he was carrying it outside to show his friends and the police took it from him because you're not allowed to walk around carrying weapons here.

I haven't danced anymore since last Saturday. Tonight is yoga.

Status
Not open for further replies.