Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

charity

hi moon.

the ballroom bootcamp is about 3 ordinary people, men or women, who have never been trained in ballroom or latin dance. they have 4-5 weeks to learn a ballroom/latin dance. the last week of training they get teamed up with a professional or experienced ballroom dancer. they compete for the bootcamp trophy in front of real ballroom judges and a whole lot of people. its cool.

yea i know what you mean about the showy/gaudy celebrity performances on dancing with the stars. they do that to get the fan portion of votes.

this season is the first time i watched it. apollo won. he was my favorite. very classy, plus he's gorgeous. i also liked ian but he appeared to be dead inside. no emotion at all, though technically proficient. he really was working on it, but he got voted off before he could take the plunge with his dancing. and of course laila ali, but imo she was too much of a bad-ass. she just knew she was going to win, but she didnt...

anyway, take care.

miss_shimmy

its june tomorrow

well a new month is almost here.So I am thinking about my goals for next month,mainly with my dancing and fitness.

I have a ATS workshop on the 9th,realy exited about that.

so heres this months goals:

* supercallanetics section each morning
* drills before bed

thats it!!

what are your goals?

namaste

miss shimmy
xxxxxxxxxxx

charity

my goals are very simple.

i keep drilling the isolations vs the compound moves. i want to make sure that once i am done with getting the basic downs that i will have done it with the greatest range of motion.

i also drill hip lifts/drops to isolate and strengthen those muscle groups.

i have been drilling the 3/4 shimmy concurrently so that in a year it will be a mindless replication by the body.

i need to work on 2count head slides/chest lifts/drops/shoulder lifts/drops. i got real good at head slides and sadly stopped working them and already are back to poo.:(

Babylonia

Moon:Have a great time performing. I'm sure you'll be wonderful. :)

My goals are to make it to water aerobics tonight and BD class tomorrow. I haven't been able to practice at home lately and my hubby is off next week so I doubt I'll get alot done then either. ;)

Miss Shimmy:An ATS workshop sounds like great fun for you.

Charity:I only watched an episode or two of Dancing w/Stars so I don't have an opinion on the winner but I thought that Laila ALi had a rockin' bod. It's nice to see a woman who's curvy with muscle at the same time.

Have a beautiful weekend. Peace, love, health and happiness to all. :)

sstacy123

ugh, I stepped on the scale this morning and all the progress I had made...well I've unmade it...but did make it to the gym yesterday!

Venefica

How are everyone? I am exited. I am going to my baby nephew's baptism tomorrow. I have a new dress, I have lost a bit og weight and I feel wonderful. :dance: I hope everyone is well.

miss_shimmy

hi stacey :)

hey Reen,I have that dvd on its way,I have heard nothing but good about it so I am very exited!!!!

hows everyone doing?

:)

miss_shimmy

Dale Carnegie:

Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

John Dewey:

Arriving at one point is the starting point to another.

keep the faith

(((hugs)))

;)

charity

miss-shimmy

i thought i made a post about callanetics...:think:

but yes i finally got the book, done read it, did a few of the exercises but like she recommended you have to do them all and in the order she asks you to...i didnt, did my own thing

and i tell you my butt was soar and i do glute squeezes quite consistently so i give her some credit.

but i just dont know how to get an overall effect with such spot specific exercises. it doesnt even seem muscle specific. her butt exercises work so deep but only such a tiny portion of what is an otherwise large muslce group. so i dont know.

i think if i continue i will look deformed and lumpy.

but yes i will continue because it feels like it is doing something and that feels good. to bad i did not take a before pic of my backside.

i thought that was silly. i dont need to see pics of peoples backsides, not that close anyway. why couldnt they be in a unitard or something? perhaps you have the same book?

Venefica

Ok I have gone form very little exercise to regular walks and one and a half hour of belly dance at a class every week and some training at home. I have also stopped eating candy. I have lost weight, but I look like I have lost more than I have, that is becouse I can feel my entire body is stronger so I have gained musculature and that weight a bit even if I have lost quite a bit of fat. So the number on the weight have not gone down so much. Look more at your body than at the weight and see how your clothing fit, it will tell you more than the number on your weight.

belly_dancer

Ok I have gone form very little exercise to regular walks and one and a half hour of belly dance at a class every week and some training at home. I have also stopped eating candy. I have lost weight, but I look like I have lost more than I have, that is becouse I can feel my entire body is stronger so I have gained musculature and that weight a bit even if I have lost quite a bit of fat. So the number on the weight have not gone down so much. Look more at your body than at the weight and see how your clothing fit, it will tell you more than the number on your weight.

congratulations!!!! keep up the good work!
I could use some self discipline right about now... cannot seem to get too motivated....:(

Venefica

It is a hard time to be motivated to, everything is dark and cold and Christmas is right around the corner whit all the stress that time means. Do not get me wrong, I love Christmas but it is not a good time to start something up. Oh and thank you for the encuragment. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.