Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

hello girls

ah hello there!!how lovely to hear frfom you both,sounds like you are doing extremely well!!:)

Gwinity,well done with your gradual steps towards a healthier and happier body.

Ali,your collar bones will become more defined,the glitter is a great idea..oh I love glitter so very much!

when is the next dance /callan session for you?

I am with rachel for 45 minutes tonight...oh that locus position,especially when you hold at the end,,sheesh!!though the sun solutions,I am now able to do them,I am a little shakey but hands are off the floor,and I find the dog pose so relieving and strengthening.It will no doubt kick my butt later,but het,thats what I need!!!!:)

here is this weeks rota,I am working extra hard as im making a video very soon!!

Monday - supercallanetics
15 mins with rachel

Tuesday - 45 mins with rachel

wednesday - fatchancebellydance

thursday - supercallanetics,15 mins with rachel

friday - fatchancebellydance

saturday - 15 mins with rachel

sunday - supercallanetics,15 mins with rachel

monday - fatchancebellydance

Scimitar_Moon

So, after spending the last few days eating very unhealthy amounts of chinese food and chocolate cheesecake (and gaining back a couple of the pounds I worked so hard to lose :( ), I decided I can't afford to do that with less than 3 weeks left until my show.
That's the thing with me...most people tend to lose weight because of stress, but I'm the complete opposite. I overeat and gain weight. So I need to get back on my feet, and I came to this thread for a little inspiration. All of you are accomplishing so much, I don't want to fall behind!
Gym, here I come!

~Elena

AliPies

Awww, Scimitar Moon, it happens to everybody, it's ok. I overeat too :( I feel like "Oh I'm sooooo stressed. I think I'll go take a bath and read a book and eat like a whole bag of chocolates."

I've lost a total of 9.4 pounds since I started my diet!
It's taken long enough though :/

miss_shimmy

:)

hi girls((hugs))),thats why I am excercising so much so that the food doesnt get chance to stay around..ha ha!!I am having a chocolate phase,though am eating healthy foods as well.
I refuse to worry about it,I am drinking plenty of water,fruit,I got some lovely salad today,even though I know its late in the year ,I ate some salad today and realy enjoyed it,so am going for it!!ha ha!!!

I danced with rachel last night,no sneezing,coughing or snotting-wow made life easier...tee hee hee:p

tonight is fatchancebellydance night,I did dance this morning for 20 minutes,felt very stiff,but then I have been working hard so no worries!!

I need to be ready to make this video in december.:)

miss_shimmy

hey Gabi

Hiya Miss Shimmy - I seem to be somewhat trying to follow your program - can you tell me a little about Fatchancebellydance video - I need a new one

Hi there!!

well its with carolena,its american tribal style,its a very challenging workout for me,great if you wanna be working on your belly rolls,carolena explains each move very well,and takes her time on each movement.:)

she works with Zills,though I dont use zills,I find the arm movements very strengthening.

give it a try!:)

Babylonia

Thanks Moon, I love glitter too. I really go for sparkles now that bellydance has taken me over. :p

Miss Shimmy, I don't really use zills much either but I find that veil work really gives my arms a workout. :)

To all the dieters, keep upthe good work. I know how hard it is. That's why I'm waiting until Halloween to buy the candy so I won't be tempted. ;)

miss_shimmy

hi all

oh wow moon,those hands look amazing don't they!!!thankx for sharing that moon!
hi babylonia,hows it going?are you still doing your simular routine?

me and finn started doing Qi gong in a morning,realy enjoying that,its very simular to tai chi.
I got super callan done last night,felt realy good for it.did ten minutes of dance this morning,a little is good to start the day.

I got up at 5am this morning for hour of power,went back to bed around 9 and had a zap nap,now am getting ready to go up and do Qi gong with finn,I have made my room more spacious,was great to do callan in decluttered lovely room!

so anyway,off I go,good luck to you all today,:)

Gabi

Hi there!!

well its with carolena,its american tribal style,its a very challenging workout for me,great if you wanna be working on your belly rolls,carolena explains each move very well,and takes her time on each movement.:)

she works with Zills,though I dont use zills,I find the arm movements very strengthening.

give it a try!:)

Thanks! I will, I do work with zills and ummm, it needs much more work :D

miss_shimmy

hi

ah then Gabi,you will get alott out of it,realy you will.let me know how you go with that :)

I did supercallanetics this morning,very early,feel good to do it first thing,then its done and under my belt!!:)

miss_shimmy

another hour

yey another hour youngeR!!ANOTHER HOUR STRONGER AND LONGER.
oops caps,
i didnt feel like it last night,but once i got started,i realy enjoyed it,so yes,am feeling very self disciplined.

Sara

I really do wish I had your stamina and motivation, lol.

Tell you what, I'll try an get up early tomorrow and work out and see how I feel then, lol.

It seems to be working for you, so it might work for me...hopefully :D

miss_shimmy

hey there sara,well,I am getting realy good at self discipline,I just know that if I stop I will have to start over,so I have to keep on going!!:)

let me know how you go!

I did supercallanetics last night,even though i have a stunning headache and felt a little sick,today i feel bright again thank goodness.did qi gong with finn this morning,looking forward to dance later.

love to all

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

miss_shimmy

this weeks routine

well the asthma has eased off,thank goodness.just got a very sore TOM belly so yesterday i just relaxed.
looking forward to dancing shortly

here is my weeks routine :

* saturday - dance/yoga
* sunday - supercallanetics
* monday - dance
* tuesday - qi gong
* wednesday - supercallanetics
* thursday - dance
* friday - dance
* saturday - dance

some dance days i just do 15 minutes,little is always better than nothing,even on those days you don't feel like it.
back on track!!

Madeline

Miss Shimmy, what are your dance routines like? Are they choreographed?

Lately I’ve been focusing on ballet, and practicing it every chance I get. It’s so much fun, but I must admit that bellydance is kinder towards the body!

Madeline :dance:

miss_shimmy

hi,new routines :)

I was getting frustrated,mainly because I didnt feel I was pushing myself enough.
Crystal tells me the bellydance superstars,they dance four hours a day,I watch them and my chin drops to the floor,my heart skips a beat...I want that to be me,I want to look,feel,and perform to that standard in a style which is my own.
so last night I danced for 2 hours.This morning,I danced for 2 hours,thats 4 hours in less than 2 days,I feel calmer,released,less frustrated.Tonight at 9pm,again another 2 hours.I am already looking very much forward to it indeed.

so yes 4 hours per day,with callanetics too.I want to break through.

“If to dance is to dream, then you make dreams come true”

I feel inspired,determined and I am ready to work hard!

my routines madeline,sometimes I follow a dvd and then frree dance after,sometimes,I just put my music on and go into a trance for a while,I am always changing it to keep it as interesting as possible,especially now that I am dancing more.

I love watching ballet,awesome,that will contribute towards your dancing and help you gain individual style,you just follow your heart,dont worry,myou will dance back to bellydance when you are ready

hugs

Scimitar_Moon

My show was yesterday!!! it was an amazing experience, I still can't believe it's over!

One of the best things was that my final weight the day before the show was -18 pounds! - that gives me a BMI of 23.1. I wanted to lose 20 for the show, to get to <23, but I feel satisfied with my achievement, I think I got pretty damn close. I still have a long journey ahead of me regarding weight an body image. I want to lose a few more pounds (4 ~ 5), and then make sure I maintain it. I also have body image and confidence issues to resolve, but I'm getting there.

So thank you so much guys for all your support and inspiration so far...I'll keep you posted on any new developments ;).

~Elena

miss_shimmy

day 2

Some people dream of success... while others wake up and work hard at it. ~Author Unknown

4 hours of dance completed today,working up a sweat like that,wow its the best,I love it.
I am exited as I know,the harder I work,the more lucky I will get,I know I want to be a dancer in everything I do and everything I am.
this intensity is for the next 3 weeks,seeing as though it takes 3 weeks to make a habit,a week to break a habit.this is s habit I am making and never intend breaking,Its the missing piece,I dont even care that I havnt learnt before now,before now ,i wasn't ready,but now is the perfect time.

Elena.thats fantastic news,aw I wish I was there to see...:)
how are you going to shed that last bit of weight?Is the diet going well?

Scimitar_Moon

The diet is going fine. I'm giving myself a break for a few days, and then I go back on it, but not as strictly, since now I don't have a set deadline. If anything, I'd like to be at my ideal weight by my 21st birthday (January 5th). I also plan on going back to the gym, since these last weeks I haven't been able to because of all the rehearsals and stuff.

Congratulations on your progress! I will say though, the new habits you're trying to form are very demanding, give yourself plenty of time, and don't beat yourself up if it doesn't happen as fast as you want. Remember anything's better than nothing, and every little bit of progress you make counts. Set small goals for yourself, and before you know it you'll reach your grand goal. Good luck!

~Elena

Status
Not open for further replies.