Fit for life

Status
Not open for further replies.

miss_shimmy

hi

wow girls,you are a real help.

Oh I've been peeking in since the beginning!

thankx yasmine!!!i do have a friend who is a nutritionist,i have asked him for suggestions.he recommends more nuts and seeds.and lots of small meals rather than a couple of larger ones.
i NEVER skip breakfast,i usually have a lemon tea followed by porridge with maple syrup.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

i have an apple mid morning,then we are at lunch....

thankx for your support yasmine:)

hi there madeline...those books sound great,I will check out any that you list,thankyou so much.:dance:

I am on day three of callanetics,doing an hour of dance in an evening.15 minutes with rachel brice and then some improv.
best get y butt in gear,i will think of you when i dance,i realy am grateful of you posting and supporting:dance: :dance: :dance:

i wish you the best day ever!

miss_shimmy

day four

:) hi all.

another session of supercallanetics this morning.felt awesome.looking at doing huge session tonight,yoga and then dance,realy looking forward to that.
my eating was all over the place yesterday-wow did I see and feel the difference more or less instantly.eating well is so important for me,a main focus alongside staying fit and dancing.

:)

Madeline

wow girls,you are a real help.

thankx yasmine!!!i do have a friend who is a nutritionist,i have asked him for suggestions.he recommends more nuts and seeds.and lots of small meals rather than a couple of larger ones.
i NEVER skip breakfast,i usually have a lemon tea followed by porridge with maple syrup.....mmmmmmmmmmmmm!!

i have an apple mid morning,then we are at lunch....

thankx for your support yasmine:)

hi there madeline...those books sound great,I will check out any that you list,thankyou so much.:dance:

I am on day three of callanetics,doing an hour of dance in an evening.15 minutes with rachel brice and then some improv.
best get y butt in gear,i will think of you when i dance,i realy am grateful of you posting and supporting:dance: :dance: :dance:

i wish you the best day ever!

The book “Becoming Vegan” by Brenda Davis and Vesanto Melina has lots of good information, including what a vegan athlete should eat. Here’s a link for more information:

Amazon.com: Becoming Vegan: The Complete Guide to Adopting a Healthy Plant-Based Diet: Books: Brenda Davis,Vesanto Melina

sstacy123

This time it's really time.

My weight is always going up and down. I start gaining too much so I lose it only to regain it again (vicious cycle)...I think it was funny back in October when I first started taking classes I decided I wanted to get rid of some of that belly...and have started to try a couple of times (my last attempt I announced on here I think was messed up when I found out I had to get my wisdom teeth out and decided to eat up everything while I could)...Now I've started classes for the second time and I weighed myself today and am now back at my highest ever weight...Humph! I was supposed to be losing belly not gaining it! So off to the grocery store tonight...when I start classes for the third time I want a SMALLER belly...grrr.

Babylonia

Glad to see everyone getting in gear in the New Year! :)

My focus for food is on eating as naturally as I can manage. Also I am incorporating the old saying: Eat breakfast like a queen, lunch like a princess and dinner like a pauper." I usually switch breakfast and lunch though and keep dinner small with no/low carbs.

Miss shimmy: Is porridge the same as oatmeal? I love oatmeal alot. I like to put some raisins and pecans in mine as well.

miss_shimmy

hi girls,hows it going?
porridge oats are bigger than oatmeal,i think thats the only difference babylonia :)

stacy how much water do you drink?my nutritionalist has had me drinking HUGE amounts of water,I am already starting to feel the difference,alott of the time when our body is givinhg us hungry signals it actually just needs water.the more water you drink,the less you retain,its realy quite remarkable..

well my book came yesterday,I have to say I skipped through the house like an exited 4 year old,i even kissed it.the book is ''psychology of dance''.
Its a fantastic guide indeed:)

area

physical strength,flexibility and stamina.

strengths

* neck is very strong
* I am up to three hours a day and nothing hurts,so my stamina must be good.I don't realy get out of breath even though I work up a sweat,you see I won't only be dancing,I will be singing too,so I have to have that control.
* dance posture is getting good too,the ballet and callan helps alott with that.
solar plexus is strong
* pelvic tilts are very strong
* glutes are very strong
* legs are very strong.

weaknesses

* hand movements need more work
* arms are a little weak and my wrists too
* belly still a bit gooshy
* flexibility needs work too,even though I am much more flexible than I used to be.

mental(motivation,confidence,intensity,concentration)

Strengths

* I am very motivated,for the last 3 months I have danced/excercised most days.
* I have alott of confidence,I am extremely focused,once I want to achieve something,I will not quit.

weaknesses

* my mind sometimes wonders onto things to do etc
* I forget to have a good look at my inspiring piks.

Technical (bellyrolls etc)

strengths

* chest raises are awesome,very smooth
* great at pulsing the solar plexus
* the taxeem is getting much stronger and smoother
* traveling steps much better
* torso circels..very controled and smooth
* figure 8's good

weaknesses

* bellyrolls
* chest slides
* snakey arms
* undulations

Lifestyle(sleep,diet,social)

strengths

* I sleep well
* I get lots of time out
* I have help with my diet,this is helping alott

weaknesses

* I sleep late and wake feeling sluggish
* I get frustrated easily

miss_shimmy

my goals

macro-goal setting programme for dancers

long term goal(ultimate dream)

~ to dance with simular strength,flexibily as rachel brice,to be just as free to make the music visible.

performance season goals(for this year)

~ to be able to move as a tribal bellydancer with my own style
~ to make indogo video with dance.

performance goals (for specific performances)

~ to choreograph a dance for ''away'',''goodbye love'' and ''dancing through''.

Training goals

technical

~ dance with cAROLENA in an afternoon and rachel brice in an evening.
~ practise bellyrolls everywhere and anywhere I can
~ improvisation dance before I go to bed

physical

~ callanetics for strength and flexibility
~ ballet for strength and flexibilty
~ dan karaty to build stamina
~ yoga with Rahcel's dvd

mental motivation

~ look at motivational pictures each day
~ watch rachel each day
~ share tips with other dancers

Lifestyle goals

~ go to bed earlier
~ follow the advice of my nutritionalist on diet/health
~ continue getting to know my network of dancing friends

sstacy123

stacy how much water do you drink?my nutritionalist has had me drinking HUGE amounts of water,I am already starting to feel the difference,alott of the time when our body is givinhg us hungry signals it actually just needs water.the more water you drink,the less you retain,its realy quite remarkable..

Oh, well I'll certainly admit I'm not drinking enough water...which is definately a goal to start getting more in...Although I am a bit resistant to drinking huge amounts...it is always suggested and everyone says it works but it just doesn't seem natural to me...but I definately need to be drinking more than I am... But I think most of my problem is more mental/emotional than physical hunger. (And being a picky eat doesn't help) I' now have had three good days though and they haven't been hard either...I hope it continues. I'll have to start adding some exercise in. You seem like you've really gotten a pretty good handle on things though...:clap:

miss_shimmy

hi stacy,great to hear from you.the water thing,you soon get used to it,this is my second day and when i drink the water already I realy enjoy it.
I am following what my nutritionalist tells me without question,I trust him 100%.
i must admit ,I feel alott more energetic today,I usually slump in the afternoons!!:shok:
I' now have had three good days though and they haven't been hard either...I hope it continues. I'll have to start adding some exercise in. You seem like you've really gotten a pretty good handle on things though...

ah thats fantastic...well done to you!!even if you mess up,u can just start over.

for what reason do you want to lose weight stacey?

hugs

:dance:

Moon

Miss Shimmy is right you'll get used to the water, Stacey. In the end you'll love the taste of it! :D
I used to drink quite a lot of water, but usely it gets less attractive to me when the weather gets colder. Usually I take water with me to school, but now I'm in a building where you can get free chocolate milk, so that won't help :rolleyes:

Hey, has one of your girls ever had a chocolate addiction (or maybe not addicted, but just feel like you need chocolate at least once a week)?
I'm so curious to know how you manage to eat so healthy :lol: Like what do you eat as snack? What's a good substitute for chocolate?

miss_shimmy

hello moon,oh yes chocolate very much so,but I have come to a point when I realy wanna go for it and hit my fitness peak,dance to the best I can,look and feel the best I can.
the sugar cravings are hard,I eat fruit for real sugar,and the water helps,the cravings are something you just gotta accept and come through.:shok:

I got 4 days into this way of eating at the start of this year,then i got slack,my aim now is much more focused,I am alott clearer on things.

Babylonia

Dark chocolate is actually good for you as it's loaded with antioxidants. Unfortunately, though I like dark chocolate, I love milk chocolate which isn't the same. :mad:

I'm really trying to drink more water. I bought a cute yet large (72oz) water jug and I'm trying to drink one of those a day.

I hate drinking water! Always have, but I know it's good for me so I've been drinking more and more each day. I must admit I feel better when drink more water, but.....however I lovechocolate but it's not my friend anymore, so I have to eliminate it from my diet. Some habits have to die a slow and agonizing death;)
Yasmine

miss_shimmy

what can I do today to become the best dancer I can be?

~ ballet
~ callanetics
~ eat well
~ watch some dancing
~practise good posture as I go about my daily life.
~ practise belly moves

:D

breakfast :

~ 2 apples
~ 8 walnuts
~ porridge

* water :D

Lunch: mixed beans and salad
~snack of apple and walnuts in afternoon

*water

Dinner ~ jacket potatoes,salad and rye bread

* green tea

snack ~ oats

* water

Did I do everything possible today to become the best dancer I can be?

yes :)

~

Last edited:

Moon

I think she meant whatever lunch, dinner and snack she has, she drinks water with it. At least that is what I hope, otherwise, where are the 200 grams of vegetables you need each day miss Shimmy? ;)

miss_shimmy

now that was funny-gotcha going wihtout intent...he he he;) cant realy fill in the rest until the evening girls;)

today has been great,the sugar craving...sheesh they were strong today,see normally on a saturday we used to have icecream and chocolate cake..so thats why i think my body was missing it so much.
But I got through just great.
will get gradually better and better as the days pass.already I feel less bloated,following what my nutritionalist advises,instead of being a stubborn butt...LOL:D

so ,its a late night,I am ready for bed..I didnt feel as hungry today,huge breakthrough for me as my hunger was getting a little...er...mad!!:think:

my nutritionalist says that more often than not the body is craving for water and not food,which I am finding for me that is the case.
I felt much less bloated today.
yey to coming through another day of eating well:D

love to all

did i do everything i could today to become a better dancer?
~ yes:)

Last edited:

miss_shimmy

good day to all.well here we are on this sunny sunday.:)

*what can i do today to become a better dancer?

~ eat well,drink tons of water
~ callanetics
~ dance - work on weaknesses
~ review dance/fitness goals

now that was funny-gotcha going wihtout intent...he he he;) cant realy fill in the rest until the evening girls;)

Tricky,tricky:naghty: No fair editing your post:lol: Here I am thinking you put yourself on the ultimate liquid diet. If you drank all that water how much time did you spend in the loo?
Yasmine

miss_shimmy

hello yasmine :)

visits to the loo.without wanting to give too much info...erm...quite often!!ha ha!!
but wow I feel slimmer and have so much more energy,I usually slump in the afternoons and just wanna sleep,today I am cleansing my house ...inside out!!!getting rid of all clutter etc...I feel awesome!!:dance:

Status
Not open for further replies.